Shiseido Pureness Oil Blotting Papers

Shiseido  Pureness Oil Blotting Papers

4.6

kaolin, polysorbate 80, cellulose gum, rosmarinus officinalis, trisodium edta, hydroxyisohexyl 3-cyclohexene carboxaldenyde, butylene glycol, aqua, hexyl cininamal, linalool, butylphenyl methylpropional, benzyl benzoate, limonene, alpha-isomethyl ionone, geraniol, citronellol, sodium dehydroacetate, parfum

on 4/3/2018 10:47:00 AM

I'm oily and really nothing I do will stop that, so blotting papers are an important part of my daily upkeep. I've been using blotting papers for over a decade and feel like I've tried almost everything - those plastic-y ones that were making me break out because they have mineral oil in them and the super thin rice paper ones that I have to use a million of because they're too thin.

These are by far my favorite. They're gentle, they don't break me out, they mattify, they don't dry me out, and they come in the most wonderful packaging.

I've been using them for years and just discovered they've been discontinued and replaced with a new product which is, apparently, almost identical but SCENTED UGH!

Shiseido whyyyy?!

I had never used blotting papers before because I didn't know they existed. I always get oily at middlay and feel my skin uncomfortable specially since I wear glasses, so I went to the bathroom and just blot with toilet paper :/ (I know it's not really a nice thing to do). But when I saw that Shiseido (one of my fav brands) had these I went to the store right away. I asked the SA to show me other options too, but she remomended me to stick to my idea and buy Shiseido's. I found the price to be OK since it has a "real" packaging (not just a paper box) and there are 100 of them. I paid 15€ (18$). I've been using them for two weeks now, only when I'm at work or away from home the whole day.

I love being matte. This papers give you that effect, but in a confortable and natural way. They take away any oil and shineness but do not seem to erase makeup. Of course, you will need to touch up afterwards, but a bit of powder will be fine.

They have thin, invisible powder on one side, which is what gives you that beautiful matte look. Perhaps some people will find them "too" mattifying, but since they do not dry your skin in any way, I'd say any type of skin will enjoy their use.

They have a veeeery light smell, which I don't mind. First, because I am completely IN LOVE with the smell of the Pureness line, just love it so much because it gives me the sense of cleanness and reminds me of the freshness of the sea. And secondly, because I like that it makes your skin smell just "clean", a feeling that I love in the middle of the day when I cannot cleanse my face.

I will continue to use them. Since the package is small I can carry them in any small pocket of my purse. The package is really soft and has quality, won't break and its practical and easy to use.

on 12/18/2017 8:47:00 PM

While I've used rice paper sheets from Palladio, sheets from Clean and Clear etc, none compare to the OG Shiseido blotting sheets.. I always have them on hand. Definitely recommend.

on 11/1/2017 12:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I've been struggling to find powder papers in the UK after The Body Shop discontinued their mineral powder papers. The only others l could find were Superdrug's, which were clumpy and annoying to rip the sheets out. These are fab, better even than TBS. They're a large size, and leave a thin veil of powder whilst mopping up excess oil. The paper goes darker where your oil has been absorbed. Using these before touching up with pressed powder helps makeup stay looking good. I've always had very oily, spot prone skin. No fragrance.

on 7/20/2017 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Fine

These are ok. I think they do a great job in taking away the shine in my T-zone but my skin bacomes oily again an hour later or so.. I find that paper makes almost the same result and are far cheaper!

on 5/15/2016 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This product is saving my life! One of my favorites! I have a combination skin and during summer my face shines not only T-zone but whole face! My make up getting gross so I had to carry tranparant powder with me and apply it few times a day until I got this amazing product! It is very easy to apply just little tissues and little touches on face is enough to get rid of all oil and shine on your face. You can use it before make up to prepare your face for make up or after make up when it gets shine. Your make up still there with no shine! Also very nice package, easy to carry in the bag!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

HG product. Price is ridiculous, but I have repurchased for years. Have not been able to find a cheaper replacement.

on 7/20/2015 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

MUST-HAVE! Every one of y'all with oily and/or acne-prone skin should try this! The best oil blotting sheets I've ever used.

Prior to discovering this, I was using 'Clean & Clear' Oil Blotting Sheets and would you imagine my surprise when I found out that C&C's blotting sheets contained oil?! No wonder my skin was progressively getting oilier the more I used it.

Shiseido's is the complete opposite. First of all, the size. It's much bigger than the typical blotting sheets I've used and one sheet is usually enough for my whole face --sometimes I cut it up into smaller pieces. Next, one side of the sheet is covered with an amazing powder so when you 'blot' with it, it not only get rids of the oil but keeps your skin matte with the oil-absorbing ingredients that its powder contains. The blotting sheet itself also doesn't disturb my make-up, more than anything it makes it look better and more 'matte'!

The packaging is beautiful. It comes in a seemingly discreet baby-blue pouch that feels really soft. There were times that I was able to fit it in my wallet too when I couldn't carry a bag with me! I paid around $20.00 plus tax for mine but they're totally worth it for the quality and size of the blot sheets! You could probably get two uses from one by cutting it in half. That's what I do. I'm going to continue to repurchase this until maybe one day (miraculously) my oily skin goes away... but that is unlikely to happen so I'll just stick to these amazing sheets. <3

on 7/20/2015 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

These Shiseido Pureness Oil Blotting Papers deserve their legendary reputation. I went on a blotting paper frenzy the past year even though I have dry skin, I have been getting oil in the summer and depending on the products I use. I've purchased several cheap brands but always come back to the Shiseido.

Firstly, the size is a lot bigger than other papers that cost less. You only need one sheet whereas, I need three to four on my moderately oily skin from other cheaper brands. It's also coated with kaolin so it absorbs excess oil and leaves a finish thus preventing oil breakthrough later on. You can cut the sheets in half save money as it blots oil so well it doesn't use up the whole paper.

I also love the carry case. It's way better than the cardboard cases that get mangled in your purse.

on 10/29/2014 11:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm using 3rd pack of this papers and just ordered 2 more. I'll panick if run out of it because that's the only thing I'm ready to use during the day to blot my oily skin.
I hate compact powders because think it's highly unhygienic, and haven't seen any loose powders which are travel-friendly, plus you have to carry brush with it.

Before I discovered this product, I had to use compact powder, layer by layer on my foundation, and you can imagine how bad for pores and appearence it was.

So I'll be repurchasing until it's discontinued and don't even want to look for something else. Plus it, s case has a very pleasant touch and easily fits into any bag.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools