MAC Bronzer in Golden

MAC Bronzer in Golden
Bronzer in GoldenBronzer in GoldenMAC Golden

4.2

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is my HG bronzer. I used to like Bobbi Brown Golden light bronzer which also was very substle but this is even better. I have very fair complexion about the lightest that MAC foundation can offer. This one is very easy to put on and you dont have to worry it is gonna look too dirty or too much. Before like 10 years ago I used to like that contoured Kim Kardashian look but to me it looks too much now. I dont want to look like I am trying to contour heck out of my face. I dont want to look like that if a guy would kiss my face that my face would have a white spot where his kiss touched. I just want to look makeupless but perfect. THis bronzer is perfect for me. I also really like my Neals Yard Remedies bronzer but that is a mineral loose powder formula so I found I end up using this more often becuase this one is pressed and much easier to use without worrying about making a mess. This one has orange undertones, but actually to be honest, the bronzers that has yellow undertones dont look right on me (Lily Lolo Waikiki). I do tan a little bit reddish and not golden beige so this MAC bronzer is a very natural choice to me. I will purchase again and again. The price is also not as bad as many other higher end bronzers. It is just above 30 euros.

This bronzer is amazing, it's so natural and not to dark for my light neutral skin tone. It's not orange what so ever and it's very difficult to go over the top with it. It lasts me around 4/5 months at a time aswell! I continue to repurchase over and over

This is a really lovely bronzer! It is a buildable colour, but even the lightest layer automatically brings warmth and colour to the face. It also has a slight shimmer which I love as it still maintains it's natural effect without appearing glittery or fake. It applies easily and does not pull orange or muddy on my NC20 skin. You get a large amount of product, making it good value for money, and I also love the fact that it comes in a compact with a mirror. I would reccommend this product to anyone looking for a new bronzer.

on 3/18/2015 11:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I am have extremely fair skin but this looks great on me. It's easy to build up and I don't look orange with just a small amount on my face.

on 7/29/2014 8:06:00 PM

I love this bronzer because it isn't too dark and it isn't too orange. I have extremely fair skin so it is nearly impossible for me to find a bronzer that is not only light enough for my skin but also not orange. This one does the trick. There appears to be a slight shimmer in the bronzer however it doesn't show on the face making it a decent product for contouring. I mainly use it for contouring my cheeks and it works perfectly.

I definitely recommend it to anyone with fair skin but I don't think it would do much for anyone with even a slightly darker skin tone.

on 7/27/2014 11:45:00 PM

Tried this because I was looking for a new bronzer. I like Mac products overall and they aren't too too expensive. I have fair skin and decided to try the color golden because it is light and also has shimmer which I like. This color was too light! Barely showed up on my skin and you had to really work your brush to get any product on it. This was returned.

on 4/23/2014 1:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I absolutely love this bronzer!! It has a little bit of shimmer for a healthly glow and doesn't look orange like a lot of bronzers can especially if you really pack it on but this one has never looked orange!! BUT, it breaks easily so don't drop it! This managed to slip out of my hand while I was getting ready ( on the the carpet mind you) and it's completely smashed up. I've tried just about every bronzer under the sun & I ALWAYS end up going back to this one.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Best bronzer. Love the colour and how evenly it applies. The only bronzer I bother purchasing anymore.

The price is okay for me because I have access to duty-free items; where this product costs approximately £16. I've listed the most notable points of this powder below:

*The FINISH is unobtrusive because it's talc-free. It doesn't accentuate the hairs on my face as I find happens with talc-based powders.
*There is GLITTER in this powder, but it is not an iridescent powder. The basic coloured powder itself; I would describe as satin/matte, but there is a dull type of glitter thrown in along with it, if that makes sense. The individual pieces of glitter themselves do not shine very much, but you can see small pieces of a dull, light gold. I find the glitter a redundant addition to the powder because it's not shimmery, making the powder seeming less even in daylight.
*It's BUILDS A LAYER OF OIL very easily on top; something I find to be unacceptable for a high-end powder. You can forget finger-swatching it or using a brush that isn't the cleanest.
*The COLOUR IS VERY SHEER. I am fair-skinned and I use this as a finishing powder! If I have no fake tan on then it warms up my skin tone, but if I have tan on then it works as a finishing powder. Therefore, this is not really a bronzer for me. I have amongst the fairest skin naturally and feel that it would be more worthwhile (and worth the money) having a more intensely-pigmented bronzing powder - if you wanted to have only a sheer wash of colour, you can use a more intense powder light-handedly. It's more efficient that way, as well...

Overall: what makes this a nice powder for me is that it's talc-free (nasty ingredient, in my opinion). The colour is nice as a finishing powder but I still find myself using Bourjois's Chocolate Bronzer (in light) to add depth... it cost me £5!

on 8/15/2013 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This was one of the first bronzers I ever purchased, and I found the results to be typical MAC. Disastrously orange tinted that I am not sure how it would work on any skin tone! I tried applying the smallest amounts and still got the orange tint, as well as the melting cakey feeling on my oily skin. I also don't like how much it transferred and sparkled. Made it very hard to do anything without transferring your orange, sparkly, oily mess.

I never finished or came even halfway to finishing this bronzer. I now use Benefit Hoola which is a proper tan color with a matte finish. It also doesn't make my skin melt into an oily mess and I can use a small amount or highlight with it and it looks normal. I have also purchased Too Faced Tan Without the Twinkle. I haven't had a chance to try this yet but I am looking forward to using it when I have a chance as it claims to have a shimmer free and sparkle free finish.

Overall there are so many other brands that make a much better bronzer than MAC. You don't turn orange and sparkly when you tan, so why would you buy an orange sparkly bronzer to highlight your face?

Popular Bronzers