MAKE UP FOR EVER Eye shadows

Filtered by skin tone : Tan
MAKE UP FOR EVER Eye shadows

4.7

Mica,Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Talc, Dimethicone, Kaolin, Zinc Stearate, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate 2, Cetyl Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbitain Sesquioleate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, [ /-CI77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI77499 (Iron Oxide), CI1140 (Yellow 5 Lake), CI77742 (Manganese Violet), CI77007 (Ultramarines), CI77491 (Iron Oxides), CI77492 (Iron Oxides), CI77288 (Chromium Oxide Green), CI75470 (Carmine), CI42090 (Blue 1 Lake), AI5402/01

on 5/22/2018 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I am a newcomer to the world of MUA eyeshadows and had only stumbled on it because I was looking for a dupe for a particular colour which I saw in a palette from another brand, but the texture of these beauties are simply droolworthy!

I have been wearing the ME 302 (Peacock) and the I 328 (Bronze - which is a close dupe for Bobbi Brown's Forest eyeshadow). Despite the metallic finishes, both of these apply just like cremes and totally win over other eyeshadows (such as the older Burberry Beauty ones) which I'd thought of as "buttery" in the past.

Staying power is respectable: I have oily lids and expect 16+hours' wear without touch-ups in a humid climate, so an eye primer and a base powder helps. With the ME 302, I tend to apply quite heavily to get a more dramatic colour, so this will inevitably crease after 6 hours' wear.

MUA markets itself as a professional artist's brand and are unapologetically so in their price point and packaging. These eyeshadows are up there in the "high end" price spectrum at £15 for 2-2.5g, excluding a permanent case (which are spartan and sold separately, although inexpensively), so it's all about the formula and the colour and absolutely nothing else.

I would certainly repurchase the ME 302 once I run out of it, but I'm not sure yet that MUA eyeshadows would dislodge my longstanding loyalty to my Bobbi Brown staples.

on 4/12/2016 2:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

The hype of these shadows are well deserved! They are beyond exceptional, from the color selection, texture, staying power, these shadows are perfect and it's not a shade that you want that you can't find in the line. I tossed all my other brand shadows for these and have not looked back.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I have these in Eggshell and Pink Gray, which I use for a highlight and contour. They're really pigmented, and they blend out pretty nicely. I would definitely consider going to these for more of my shadows.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I think it's interesting how nobody seems to talk about these eyeshadows. They are nice and just as high quality as Urban Decay (possibly slightly better). I have the matte plum eyeshadow. It is very smooth and easy to pick up on the brush. It goes on nicely and blends well. There seems to be no fallout. The shadow lasts long with primer (I never bother to wear eyeshadow without primer, so I don't know how it wears on its own).

My only complaint is that there is way too much in the pan. Each eyeshadow comes with .08 oz. That's a whole lot of eyeshadow. I can't even say I'l ever make a dent in it. I say make the eyeshadows in .05 oz containers like Urban Decay and drop the price to $15.

on 12/7/2009 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

just got my first 3 MUFE e/s today, 92, 84 and 311. Best purchases of my life. I have never used eyeshadow like these before, from the pigmentation, to the texture, everything is a DREAM. I can't wait to buy more colors, hands down best e/s I've ever used in my life. Better than MAC and NARS !!!

on 12/18/2008 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I got the diamond shadow in #311 which is a beautiful burgundy color. I was really debating as to whether I should get it (I've never/ and don't intend to spend $20 on one e/s for a long time), but I had a coupon from Sephora and decided to get it because of the great color. I use it wet, which enhances the color and it doesn't crease or fade. This is a great product, and they have a good variety of colors. i just don't want to shell out $20 for it again. It might not sound like a lot, but it is to a broke college student like me :(

on 7/10/2008 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Great quality, great pigmentation, great packaging, and great amounts. 18 bucks a piece.