MAKE UP FOR EVER Eye shadows

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
MAKE UP FOR EVER Eye shadows

4.5

Mica,Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Talc, Dimethicone, Kaolin, Zinc Stearate, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate 2, Cetyl Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbitain Sesquioleate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, [ /-CI77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI77499 (Iron Oxide), CI1140 (Yellow 5 Lake), CI77742 (Manganese Violet), CI77007 (Ultramarines), CI77491 (Iron Oxides), CI77492 (Iron Oxides), CI77288 (Chromium Oxide Green), CI75470 (Carmine), CI42090 (Blue 1 Lake), AI5402/01

on 5/22/2018 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I am a newcomer to the world of MUA eyeshadows and had only stumbled on it because I was looking for a dupe for a particular colour which I saw in a palette from another brand, but the texture of these beauties are simply droolworthy!

I have been wearing the ME 302 (Peacock) and the I 328 (Bronze - which is a close dupe for Bobbi Brown's Forest eyeshadow). Despite the metallic finishes, both of these apply just like cremes and totally win over other eyeshadows (such as the older Burberry Beauty ones) which I'd thought of as "buttery" in the past.

Staying power is respectable: I have oily lids and expect 16+hours' wear without touch-ups in a humid climate, so an eye primer and a base powder helps. With the ME 302, I tend to apply quite heavily to get a more dramatic colour, so this will inevitably crease after 6 hours' wear.

MUA markets itself as a professional artist's brand and are unapologetically so in their price point and packaging. These eyeshadows are up there in the "high end" price spectrum at £15 for 2-2.5g, excluding a permanent case (which are spartan and sold separately, although inexpensively), so it's all about the formula and the colour and absolutely nothing else.

I would certainly repurchase the ME 302 once I run out of it, but I'm not sure yet that MUA eyeshadows would dislodge my longstanding loyalty to my Bobbi Brown staples.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

These are the best eyeshadows I have ever used. If you see my reviews you will understand how much I love eyeshadows. I have more than the ones I review of course and I particularly love the $$ brand ones for quality-- however I wish I had been smart enough to just get MUFE when my obsession had started to kick in.
I honestly think all
A person really needs is the MUFE line and that's it.

The two shades I have are 626 and 628-- they work beautifully together. They blend beautifully, the colours look very very beautiful, you can make it sheer and soften and layer very quickly and easily-so it looks like you used a quad not just 2 shades

they last well with my normal eye primer, they are just fantastic.

on 12/14/2016 11:02:00 AM

I have a new obsession! I have been craving these shadows now for probably a year. I heard from Youtubers that they are the best but the price is horrendous so I was waiting to use up some of the stuff I owned in order to not have too much excess. I spent hours researching which shades I wanted and recently took the plunge. I got Oat M534, Dark purple taupe M546 and pink granite i544.
The swatches took my breath away. They are perfect to me in a way that is hard to describe. Yes, a bit hyperbolic perhaps, but needless to say I am extremely please with my purchase. The combo is great, I used only the two mattes this morning, oat on lid and taupe on crease. Gorgeous. Blendability is great, pigmentation, everything... I'm in love. As I get rid of my old things I will be looking to get probably about 10 of these singles or so, and some colorful palette to go with that, and that'll be my perfect little collection. Gah!
Edit July 2018
I am still in love with this formula, it is the best in my collection, and I have three viseart matte palettes. The three I talked about previously were before the formula change, and so i now own m924, m847, m853 and m820. Wow guys, I love these shadows sooooo much. Amazing. I just ordered fofoufofour more that I'm waiting on, m240, m748, m226, m856. I find personally only the mattes worth buying at this price because I just love my mattes and I get perfectly awesome shimmers and sparkles from fyrinnae for so cheap, like 3 bucks each, which look so good with pixie epoxy primer. But these mattes slay me.

Beautiful colours and great staying power! Like them better than MAC.

on 4/12/2016 2:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

The hype of these shadows are well deserved! They are beyond exceptional, from the color selection, texture, staying power, these shadows are perfect and it's not a shade that you want that you can't find in the line. I tossed all my other brand shadows for these and have not looked back.

The Make Up For Ever Artist Shadows really do make me and my wallet want to cry because of how good they are. Ever since buying these, I am completely jaded to any and all other eyeshadow brands. Nothing compares. Nothing comes even close.

As many others have said, a little goes a long way, these are so ridiculously pigmented, both mattes and shimmers alike. In fact, if you swatch them on the back of your hand, they're almost difficult to remove - not in a staining way, but the color is just....so *powerful*! I wish that made sense, but if you've ever played around with them, you'll know what I mean.

Regular, well-defined eyeshadow looks can take around 20 to 30 minutes or even longer with standard shadows. Not with these darlings. They're so blendable it hardly even takes effort, much less 10-15 minutes. It's hard to not smile a little when doing a look with the artist shadows because they're just such a joy to work with.

The only thing I'd warn you with these is that they are very creamy due to their gel-hybrid formula, so even if you can normally get away without wearing a base, definitely use one underneath so they have something to adhere to, otherwise they'll crease, and on my oily, hooded eyelids, they crease pretty badly without a primer. But something like Soft Ochre, UDPP, or the Nars one will ensure they last 8+ hours with no issue. It's kind of funny how they're such an all-or-nothing product, but they're worth every penny.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I have these in Eggshell and Pink Gray, which I use for a highlight and contour. They're really pigmented, and they blend out pretty nicely. I would definitely consider going to these for more of my shadows.

on 1/25/2015 12:13:00 PM

Amazing shadows! So smooth and super pigmented, I don't know what I was doing without these shadows in my life!

on 8/20/2014 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I have four of these shadows. #92 (Matte purple), a matte fuchsia, matte orange and a matte chocolate brown. I love them all despite to hefty price tag. Most of these can run double, even triple duty as either an eyeshadow, blush or a contour. Creasing is minimal (but I have dry skin so YMMV) and the color payoff is amazing! At $21 you don't really need the whole collection, but it's definately worth it to buy a few. They last forever.

on 1/26/2013 12:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Given the high rating that this shadow gets, I suspect that quality varies between the colors, which is not unusual with shadows. I have this in a matte chocolatey brown and a slightly shimmery taupe. The taupe has zero color payoff. It doesn't show up on my lids at all. I use it to fill in my brows just because it was so expensive. The chocolatey brown is average, nothing to write home about. For the price, there are much better shadows out there.