MAKE UP FOR EVER Eye shadows

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
MAKE UP FOR EVER Eye shadows

3.6

Mica,Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Talc, Dimethicone, Kaolin, Zinc Stearate, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate 2, Cetyl Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbitain Sesquioleate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, [ /-CI77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI77499 (Iron Oxide), CI1140 (Yellow 5 Lake), CI77742 (Manganese Violet), CI77007 (Ultramarines), CI77491 (Iron Oxides), CI77492 (Iron Oxides), CI77288 (Chromium Oxide Green), CI75470 (Carmine), CI42090 (Blue 1 Lake), AI5402/01

The Make Up For Ever Artist Shadows really do make me and my wallet want to cry because of how good they are. Ever since buying these, I am completely jaded to any and all other eyeshadow brands. Nothing compares. Nothing comes even close.

As many others have said, a little goes a long way, these are so ridiculously pigmented, both mattes and shimmers alike. In fact, if you swatch them on the back of your hand, they're almost difficult to remove - not in a staining way, but the color is just....so *powerful*! I wish that made sense, but if you've ever played around with them, you'll know what I mean.

Regular, well-defined eyeshadow looks can take around 20 to 30 minutes or even longer with standard shadows. Not with these darlings. They're so blendable it hardly even takes effort, much less 10-15 minutes. It's hard to not smile a little when doing a look with the artist shadows because they're just such a joy to work with.

The only thing I'd warn you with these is that they are very creamy due to their gel-hybrid formula, so even if you can normally get away without wearing a base, definitely use one underneath so they have something to adhere to, otherwise they'll crease, and on my oily, hooded eyelids, they crease pretty badly without a primer. But something like Soft Ochre, UDPP, or the Nars one will ensure they last 8+ hours with no issue. It's kind of funny how they're such an all-or-nothing product, but they're worth every penny.

on 3/10/2015 11:11:00 AM

I bought 3 shadows and the palette to get the $20 discount. But that still comes to $44 for 3 eyeshadows. I purchased 3 matte colors: eggshell (M530), fawn (M664) and espresso (M618). The only outstanding performer was fawn. Eggshell was too light, even for my N/NW10-15 skin, and it didn't apply smoothly or evenly. Espresso was an outstanding color--the darkest brown I've ever seen, but it applied streaky and patchy. Wear time for these two shadows was not impressive--no more than 4 hours. At the end of the 4 hours, the eggshell would highlight the crepiness in my lids (which isn't terrible yet) and the espresso would look like little specks. This happened whether I powdered my lids (suggested by MUFE), primed them, or primed them and used a paint pot as a base. The fawn color was so outstanding, I considered keeping only it. It is a peanut butter shade, and it wears beautifully, and is a great crease color, transition color, or even a lid color for a darker complected person. But I couldn't justify keeping it when I have other shadows that work equally well for a fraction of the cost, such as MAC brown script and Makeup Geek frappe.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've tried marking this formula as discontinued, but MUA wants to lump the old and new shadows into one link. Within the last month or two MUFE discontinued their older formula and came out with 210 new shadows that can be used all over for anything from every day makeup to makeup artistry. Comparing the two is like apples and oranges because they're so different. The older version could be dry and hard to work with, but it was pigmented. This new formula is a gel powder that varies depending on the finish.The price isn't that different, but you can get a better deal if you buy many at one time. I will try to describe the new finishes.

1. Metallic- very pigmented- labeled as 'ME' and extremely creamy. These almost feel like a cream shadow and they have more gel in them than the other finishes.

2. Iridescent- pigmented- labeled as 'I', and a shimmer finish.

3. Matte-very pigmented- labeled as 'M', and a smooth matte finish.

4. Diamond- very pigmented- labeled as 'D' and a creamy finish with diamond glitter.

5. Satin- labeled as 'S' and the most sheer of all. Some people have issues getting the satins to show up on deeper skin tones. If you like softer shades then it might work for you.

I have this e/s in plum and I love it. Beautiful deep purple color. Very pigmented and a little goes a long way.

on 12/18/2008 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I got the diamond shadow in #311 which is a beautiful burgundy color. I was really debating as to whether I should get it (I've never/ and don't intend to spend $20 on one e/s for a long time), but I had a coupon from Sephora and decided to get it because of the great color. I use it wet, which enhances the color and it doesn't crease or fade. This is a great product, and they have a good variety of colors. i just don't want to shell out $20 for it again. It might not sound like a lot, but it is to a broke college student like me :(

on 8/26/2008 1:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Overall I love this eye shadow. I use it as an eyeliner, and even using it dry, I find there is hardly any fallout, and it lasts beautifully. I found that using Mac eyeshadows as eyeliners, you get a lot of fallout, and the quality of MUF highly overshadows the MAC. Too bad I bought a lot of Mac eye shadows before MUF was available for retail purchase. I still use the MAC eye shadows, but only as eye shadows, not as eyeliners, whereas the MUF shadows are more versatile.I own the charcoal grey color, but would love to try more colors.

I was on the MUFE payroll for quite some time, and I had almost every shadow we sold in my kit at home. I could not, and still can't, make them work for me. My favorite thing about MUFE is that every product can be used for every part of the face - and this includes using blush as shadow and shadow as blush. I've loved one shimmery peach eye shadow, which I've been using as blush. That said, I don't think I'll repurchase even that. MUFE has some beautiful products, but what they say they're best known for - their shadows - definitely not my favorite. continued >>

on 5/10/2005 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

These are nothing special IMHO. I got 4 in my kit from makeup school (all mattes) and the hard grainy texture doesn't impress me at all. One was black with unimpressive pigment. Navy was ho-hum. I thought at least the turquoise one would be a fun liner colour, but when I tried to mix it with Visine for a nice solid line, all I got was a watery blotchy line. They have a gorgeous display at the downtown Sears store, but I pass it by all the time on my way to MAC...

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I bought MUFE's e/s in Irish Mist - I was impressed by the vibrant green shade and the generous size of the pan. Irish Mist is a matte shadow, and I'm not sure if that's why it's so incredibly chalky looking on my NC30 olive lids. It's verrry poor in terms of quality and pigmentation...This is coming from a habitual MAC and UD devotee. The shadow just sort of falls off of my lids, if that's even possible (?). I tried using it with a Visine-damp liner brush as well [MAC 266] and the faintest bit of color shows up. Not worth my time, effort and cash! I'm going to turn this into a loose powder and mix a bit of Frost pigment into it. I'm definitely not going to continue to use it as is, and I'll never purchase another MUFE e/s again. :P