MAKE UP FOR EVER Eye shadows

Filtered by hair type : Other
MAKE UP FOR EVER Eye shadows

4.6

Mica,Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Talc, Dimethicone, Kaolin, Zinc Stearate, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate 2, Cetyl Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbitain Sesquioleate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, [ /-CI77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI77499 (Iron Oxide), CI1140 (Yellow 5 Lake), CI77742 (Manganese Violet), CI77007 (Ultramarines), CI77491 (Iron Oxides), CI77492 (Iron Oxides), CI77288 (Chromium Oxide Green), CI75470 (Carmine), CI42090 (Blue 1 Lake), AI5402/01

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

These are the best eyeshadows I have ever used. If you see my reviews you will understand how much I love eyeshadows. I have more than the ones I review of course and I particularly love the $$ brand ones for quality-- however I wish I had been smart enough to just get MUFE when my obsession had started to kick in.
I honestly think all
A person really needs is the MUFE line and that's it.

The two shades I have are 626 and 628-- they work beautifully together. They blend beautifully, the colours look very very beautiful, you can make it sheer and soften and layer very quickly and easily-so it looks like you used a quad not just 2 shades

they last well with my normal eye primer, they are just fantastic.

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I probably dont have this exact color but their eyeshadows are pretty good,on the expensive side but then again you do get twice more than you would get in Mac shadow and
MUFE shadows are creamier

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I think it's interesting how nobody seems to talk about these eyeshadows. They are nice and just as high quality as Urban Decay (possibly slightly better). I have the matte plum eyeshadow. It is very smooth and easy to pick up on the brush. It goes on nicely and blends well. There seems to be no fallout. The shadow lasts long with primer (I never bother to wear eyeshadow without primer, so I don't know how it wears on its own).

My only complaint is that there is way too much in the pan. Each eyeshadow comes with .08 oz. That's a whole lot of eyeshadow. I can't even say I'l ever make a dent in it. I say make the eyeshadows in .05 oz containers like Urban Decay and drop the price to $15.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I was going to be in the bridal party for a wedding, but didn't want to get my make up done by a make up artist. I had heard some really good things about make up forever and their products so I decided to treat myself to a make up lesson and some new products.

I had never used make up forever's eye shadows previously, but now I am converted. However, that being said it took me a few times to practice applying them correctly. Like some of the previous reviews said, a little bit goes a long way. I would definitely just apply a little bit first then build from there if you want a more intense color. When I practiced putting on my make up the first few times I was way too generous in my application and it just didn't look right. Try al light touch first and then build carefully from there and that helped a lot.

I am also happy to say that the shadows STAY PUT all day. My eye make up for the wedding went the distance from 7AM all the way to 11PM at night so I am happy with that aspect of them as well. Also I appreciate that their matte colors are truly matte and the more shimmery colors are not overly so either.

on 8/11/2010 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I recently made a trip to NYC and stopped by the MUFE
store to start my MUFE eyeshadow collection off right!
The e/s section at the store trumps what sephora has to
offer so if you are ever in the city you have to drop by there. I asked the MA if you can call & order from the storeand she said yes at the flat rate of 8.50. That is what I plan to do in the future for pan shadows. Just an FYI.Okay I hauled the 4x4 palette,
and filled it with shadows # 48: a rust orange with a hint of
shimmer. I like that it's not completely flat like MAC's rule, it's a little deeper too. #58: a deep plum/deep dark
wine color. MAC has nothing like it. the color payoff is beautiful. It stains a bit when swatched on my hand and washed off. Proof that the color is going to be long wearing. #81 is a navy blue
with light shimmer. Like a darker MAC deep truth. Lovely! The last one I hauled was the infamous #92. I see
why it's to well loved. It's bright and blendable. Very
pretty and will look good on everyone. I love them all for
the color payoff and the price was right. Pans are $13.00 at
the store as opposed to 19.00 with packaging at sephora.
Oh, I forgot to add #58, 48, and 92 also can be used a
blushes. On their labels it says blush powder. At the
MUFE store, shadows and blushes are all together you
just pick what you want.
The brand really makes a good matte shadow. MAC
has the veluxe pearls on lock, but they can't really top
MUFE's matte shadow offerings. They are just
awesome.I don't even want to buy any
shadows but MUFE now. I am hooked.

I purchased the mirrored x4 palette with

on 4/11/2010 2:26:00 AM

On my eyes, I find that MUFE shadows apply very pigmented, but fade quickly. They are also slightly chalky and not the easiest to blend (compared to brands like Dior and Shu). However, the shadows never look powdery, no matter how much I apply. I prefer to use MUFE shadows on cheeks, as they are supposed to be a multi-use product. I use the matte finishes, since the satins and shimmers break me out. The formula is not my favorite, but there are favorites I buy again and again. MUFE sells unique colors I can't find elsewhere, and their sleek packaging is great.

on 12/7/2009 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

just got my first 3 MUFE e/s today, 92, 84 and 311. Best purchases of my life. I have never used eyeshadow like these before, from the pigmentation, to the texture, everything is a DREAM. I can't wait to buy more colors, hands down best e/s I've ever used in my life. Better than MAC and NARS !!!

on 9/17/2009 2:57:00 AM

Skin: Other, Other, Neutral

It's kind of hard to describe why these are so special but here goes. I have a lot of eyeshadows from various brands I like for very different reasons and some I am willing to spend $$$$ on (Nars) but nothing outperforms MUFE. If I couldn't afford a little extra I wouldn't buy Nars but I would scrape the cash together for this. They are worth every penny. Unfortunately I don't have much of a stash because I already invested in other brands before finding this.
-It is extremely finely milled but unlike some finely milled shadows it isn't soft or crumbly. There is zero fallout. It's almost microscopically milled. Not only will pigment not land under your eyes it also won't pile up loose in the pan or fall off your brush. It's so smooth, fine and precise it's almost more like an inky paint than a powder. You can even do fine, totally opaque lines with it with an eyeliner brush.
-A lot of shadows are heavily pigmented but can be so dark they are hard to blend out. This is so heavily pigmented it is totally opaque in swatches but if you want to blend it it will fade out. If you want to layer it it will layer. It's going to magically do whatever you want it to do unlike a lot of shadows that can only go on intense but then won't blend.
-Several of their shades have a very unusual matte finish. It is hard to find good mattes especially matte brights but their matte colors are not at all powdery or chalky or drag queenish. They are like a velvety kind of matte. Just totally pure, butter smooth color.

on 4/27/2009 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

I recently ordered #76 (beige) #3 (Eggshell) and #161 (cinnamon). They are all matte finish and are definitely not like any matte eyeshadows I've ever tried. #3 is great highlight and blending color. #76 is the all-purpose beige color and #161 is actually a blush not a shadow. They are very silky and pigmented. They have nylon in them which would explain why they go on so creamy. They are very pigmented, and have a different finish than Mac matte or Urban Decay matte shadows. They are a bit pricey, their shadows are a lot larger than MAC or Urban Decay. I recommend giving them a try!

on 3/27/2009 4:20:00 PM

Hair: Other, Other, Medium

I bought #112 (Dusty Rose) to use as a blush and it is tied as my HG blush, puts almost all of my other blushes to shame! (I have one Lise Watier Fard a Joues en poudre Blush-On Powder "Rose Cachemire" that is very similar to this, a shade cooler with a tinge of shimmer) It is the perfect mesh of peach and pink on my NC/W 15 skin, isn't powdery at all, goes on like a dream. The salesperson told me that the eye-shadows and the blushes are all formulated the same way and can be used interchangeably.

I was looking for something light, as all my other blushes were starting to look a little bright and dark, the lighter my skin got from staying out of the sun. This fits the bill perfectly and gives me that "Just in from the cold" or "Just been kissing" look, which at my age, is pretty lovely. It reminds me of the shade you would see on a lot of fair actresses: a light flush that looks healthy, flirty, feminine and not overdone. I feel absolutely gorgeous in this blush and admit that the vast majority of my other blushes (almost entirely Mac) don't get much play since I found this one.

I am rarely one to care about the look of packaging, but the packaging is bloody annoying. When I first bought it I was so enamoured I wanted to open it on the street, but I was terrified I would drop it as I tugged at the magnetic opening. It's not a "snap" as they say. And, because I am using an eyeshadow as a blush, it's a smaller circle and so I have to dab my blush brush around in little dots to make sure I get an even amount on my brush, or else I will get a streaky look.

Nevertheless, it's such a gorgeous shade. I do wish they would put this shade into a blush container as I go through many little eyeshadows. Will repurchase "forever"