MAKE UP FOR EVER Eye shadows

Filtered by skin type : Combination age: 19-24
MAKE UP FOR EVER Eye shadows

4.4

Mica,Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Talc, Dimethicone, Kaolin, Zinc Stearate, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate 2, Cetyl Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbitain Sesquioleate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, [ /-CI77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI77499 (Iron Oxide), CI1140 (Yellow 5 Lake), CI77742 (Manganese Violet), CI77007 (Ultramarines), CI77491 (Iron Oxides), CI77492 (Iron Oxides), CI77288 (Chromium Oxide Green), CI75470 (Carmine), CI42090 (Blue 1 Lake), AI5402/01

The Make Up For Ever Artist Shadows really do make me and my wallet want to cry because of how good they are. Ever since buying these, I am completely jaded to any and all other eyeshadow brands. Nothing compares. Nothing comes even close.

As many others have said, a little goes a long way, these are so ridiculously pigmented, both mattes and shimmers alike. In fact, if you swatch them on the back of your hand, they're almost difficult to remove - not in a staining way, but the color is just....so *powerful*! I wish that made sense, but if you've ever played around with them, you'll know what I mean.

Regular, well-defined eyeshadow looks can take around 20 to 30 minutes or even longer with standard shadows. Not with these darlings. They're so blendable it hardly even takes effort, much less 10-15 minutes. It's hard to not smile a little when doing a look with the artist shadows because they're just such a joy to work with.

The only thing I'd warn you with these is that they are very creamy due to their gel-hybrid formula, so even if you can normally get away without wearing a base, definitely use one underneath so they have something to adhere to, otherwise they'll crease, and on my oily, hooded eyelids, they crease pretty badly without a primer. But something like Soft Ochre, UDPP, or the Nars one will ensure they last 8+ hours with no issue. It's kind of funny how they're such an all-or-nothing product, but they're worth every penny.

on 1/25/2015 12:13:00 PM

Amazing shadows! So smooth and super pigmented, I don't know what I was doing without these shadows in my life!

on 8/29/2012 10:03:00 AM

Well...over all I do love their eye shadows! The color selection is amazing! But it is very "out there" not really every day wear. But the colors are very pigmented, very strong and noticible. I used to wear it a lot when it first came out but not so much anymore. The packaging is a bit hard to open as well, every time have to push it open really hard. I will re-purchase if I need another crazy color which I can't find in cheaper stores.

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I probably dont have this exact color but their eyeshadows are pretty good,on the expensive side but then again you do get twice more than you would get in Mac shadow and
MUFE shadows are creamier

on 3/15/2011 4:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I love them.
So pigmented, pans are bigger than most lines, big variety of colors...what else can ya ask for?

Oh, and I love that the single container eye shadows aren't glued in! Extra plus!!!

on 8/12/2009 12:40:00 PM

Wonderful, vibrant colour that really stays. As mentioned, the packaging leaves something to be desired.
I own just one shade as of yet, a very luminous purple... and I have found that it is difficult to blend. I wonder if it's just that a bright purple is hard to work with, or if the shadows are just made to ultra "stay-put".

on 1/23/2009 5:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Love this eyeshadow!! Comes in a million different varieties. Its texture is amazing - so soft and satiny, it feels delicious on your eyelids. It doesn't dry my eyelids out, and paired with UD primer, it stays put all day long. I bought it in 156 for my ultra natural days, just brightens my whole eye. Kind of expensive, but it does last and it looks beautiful.

on 10/21/2008 11:42:00 PM

I have several of these eyeshadows and I often turn to MUFE when I'm looking for a common color in an uncommon way. For example I spent a really long time looking for the perfect white eyeshadow - which seemingly should have been no problen with the amount of white eyeshadows out there - but everyone I tried was to shinny, shimmery, too cream colored etc - until I found the MUFE one (White 0) - the same thing happened when I was looking for a red - the MUFE one also doubles as a blush which is nice. In addition the the white I also own #2, (bright matte yellow), ##60 dark matte blue, and #99 bright matte red. I plan on buying several more. I like the intensely pigmented quality and how long the shadows last both on my eyes and in the pan which to me means that while it may seem slightly expensive upfront it is cheaper in the long run.

on 10/6/2008 3:51:00 PM

I've just started my collection ...currently have No. 04 (Black) & No. 92 (purple)...will definitely get more.... blend well, last well....HIGHLY pigmented...I like the pigmentation as much if not more than MAC eyeshadows...but MAC does have more colors....

on 7/10/2008 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Great quality, great pigmentation, great packaging, and great amounts. 18 bucks a piece.