MAKE UP FOR EVER Eye shadows

Filtered by skin type : Normal
MAKE UP FOR EVER Eye shadows

Mica,Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Talc, Dimethicone, Kaolin, Zinc Stearate, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate 2, Cetyl Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbitain Sesquioleate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, [ /-CI77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI77499 (Iron Oxide), CI1140 (Yellow 5 Lake), CI77742 (Manganese Violet), CI77007 (Ultramarines), CI77491 (Iron Oxides), CI77492 (Iron Oxides), CI77288 (Chromium Oxide Green), CI75470 (Carmine), CI42090 (Blue 1 Lake), AI5402/01

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I was going to be in the bridal party for a wedding, but didn't want to get my make up done by a make up artist. I had heard some really good things about make up forever and their products so I decided to treat myself to a make up lesson and some new products.

I had never used make up forever's eye shadows previously, but now I am converted. However, that being said it took me a few times to practice applying them correctly. Like some of the previous reviews said, a little bit goes a long way. I would definitely just apply a little bit first then build from there if you want a more intense color. When I practiced putting on my make up the first few times I was way too generous in my application and it just didn't look right. Try al light touch first and then build carefully from there and that helped a lot.

I am also happy to say that the shadows STAY PUT all day. My eye make up for the wedding went the distance from 7AM all the way to 11PM at night so I am happy with that aspect of them as well. Also I appreciate that their matte colors are truly matte and the more shimmery colors are not overly so either.

on 12/18/2008 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I got the diamond shadow in #311 which is a beautiful burgundy color. I was really debating as to whether I should get it (I've never/ and don't intend to spend $20 on one e/s for a long time), but I had a coupon from Sephora and decided to get it because of the great color. I use it wet, which enhances the color and it doesn't crease or fade. This is a great product, and they have a good variety of colors. i just don't want to shell out $20 for it again. It might not sound like a lot, but it is to a broke college student like me :(

OH MY GOSH!! I Love this brand of eyeshadows. I have the purple ( 92). It goes on perfectly and stays on forever. I wear this with my purple cheerleading uniform to game and I get so many complements on the color. The color is very bold. I am going back to sephora to buy more. Anyone who wants an eye color that stays, buy this product!!!

on 11/29/2007 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

MUFE products are VERY pigmented, good quality, apply smoothly and last forever. I own #92 (matte purple - if you have brown or green eyes, BUY this) and #307 (diamond black).

The matte products are the most pigmented however MUFE eyeshadows will on the whole night (sans primer for me). The purple matte is almost an ethereal purple and the right application can give you a very high fashion look. The colouring of the purple is very unique and it contains some red tone which is unusual as most purples tend to be blue toned.

The diamond black is a standard black eye shadow with fine silver glitter (MUFE is known for doing glitter products very well). My one difficulty with this product is that if I apply the shadow with a brush, the glitter tends to stick to the brush and I just get plain black on my eye so I apply with my finger. But for the look and quality of the product this is a small sacrifice - just wash your hands before and after applying!

The packaging is durable and easy to store (since they're flat and square shaped you can stack them in your drawer).

MUFE is definately my HG eyeshadow.

on 10/24/2005 11:51:00 AM

I love these! I carry eyeshadow around in my bag, and these are the only ones that don't crumble and disintegrate. The pigment is very strong on the matte colours, but it looks good with blending and comes off easily with eye makeup remover. The colours are amazing, and if you don't like high pigment, just go for one of the shimmery colours!

Like some of the other reviewers, I had a few of these from a while back and wasn't impressed. But I'm here to tell you that the 2005 colors rock! I believe these colors are #123-149. They are highly pigmented, easy to blend and all around pretty! Included are: great periwinkle, steel blue, muave, burgundy and peach (all sparkly). But my favorite is #149, a lime green with just a touch of iridescence. This might be the color the previous review mentions. It looks like that crazy green from the Dior Dolce Vita 5-colour or Nars Wicked duo. It's highly pigmented and so fun! The packaging is also great - it's flat so you can stack them with ease in your traincase, but glass stripe in the all-black packaging lets you see the color. Definitely check these out.

on 8/22/2005 6:20:00 AM

I have a seafoam green eyeshadow from this brand and I really like it. It's a very funky and fun color. The texture of the shadow is smooth, soft, and it's blendable and easy to apply. Me likes. The only thing that would make me LOVE this is if it had some shimmer in it. I don't really like matte stuff.

on 5/10/2005 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

These are nothing special IMHO. I got 4 in my kit from makeup school (all mattes) and the hard grainy texture doesn't impress me at all. One was black with unimpressive pigment. Navy was ho-hum. I thought at least the turquoise one would be a fun liner colour, but when I tried to mix it with Visine for a nice solid line, all I got was a watery blotchy line. They have a gorgeous display at the downtown Sears store, but I pass it by all the time on my way to MAC...

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I bought MUFE's e/s in Irish Mist - I was impressed by the vibrant green shade and the generous size of the pan. Irish Mist is a matte shadow, and I'm not sure if that's why it's so incredibly chalky looking on my NC30 olive lids. It's verrry poor in terms of quality and pigmentation...This is coming from a habitual MAC and UD devotee. The shadow just sort of falls off of my lids, if that's even possible (?). I tried using it with a Visine-damp liner brush as well [MAC 266] and the faintest bit of color shows up. Not worth my time, effort and cash! I'm going to turn this into a loose powder and mix a bit of Frost pigment into it. I'm definitely not going to continue to use it as is, and I'll never purchase another MUFE e/s again. :P