MAKE UP FOR EVER Eye shadows

Filtered by skin type : Dry
MAKE UP FOR EVER Eye shadows

4.2

Mica,Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Talc, Dimethicone, Kaolin, Zinc Stearate, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate 2, Cetyl Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbitain Sesquioleate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, [ /-CI77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI77499 (Iron Oxide), CI1140 (Yellow 5 Lake), CI77742 (Manganese Violet), CI77007 (Ultramarines), CI77491 (Iron Oxides), CI77492 (Iron Oxides), CI77288 (Chromium Oxide Green), CI75470 (Carmine), CI42090 (Blue 1 Lake), AI5402/01

on 11/1/2017 8:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

My favorite eye shadows in the world - creamy, soft powder, tons of color choices, my favorites are light and medium neutrals - beige, taupe, ivory, pink and browns to set off my blues eyes. I have 2 palettes of 3 colors and they are convenient and gorgeous. Both times the palettes were free so that was a bonus. I apply in the morning and they still look good at the end of the work day. I don’t buy any other brand anymore. I would give 10 stars if I could.

on 12/14/2016 11:02:00 AM

I have a new obsession! I have been craving these shadows now for probably a year. I heard from Youtubers that they are the best but the price is horrendous so I was waiting to use up some of the stuff I owned in order to not have too much excess. I spent hours researching which shades I wanted and recently took the plunge. I got Oat M534, Dark purple taupe M546 and pink granite i544.
The swatches took my breath away. They are perfect to me in a way that is hard to describe. Yes, a bit hyperbolic perhaps, but needless to say I am extremely please with my purchase. The combo is great, I used only the two mattes this morning, oat on lid and taupe on crease. Gorgeous. Blendability is great, pigmentation, everything... I'm in love. As I get rid of my old things I will be looking to get probably about 10 of these singles or so, and some colorful palette to go with that, and that'll be my perfect little collection. Gah!
Edit July 2018
I am still in love with this formula, it is the best in my collection, and I have three viseart matte palettes. The three I talked about previously were before the formula change, and so i now own m924, m847, m853 and m820. Wow guys, I love these shadows sooooo much. Amazing. I just ordered fofoufofour more that I'm waiting on, m240, m748, m226, m856. I find personally only the mattes worth buying at this price because I just love my mattes and I get perfectly awesome shimmers and sparkles from fyrinnae for so cheap, like 3 bucks each, which look so good with pixie epoxy primer. But these mattes slay me.

Beautiful colours and great staying power! Like them better than MAC.

on 12/15/2015 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

mufe has AMAZING eyeshadows. they blend like a dream and aren't powdery. (besides matte shades, which always kick up a little powder no matter what) the ones i've tried have been extremely pigmented, making the little pan they come in last forever. i could not recommend these eyeshadows enough, i've been using them every time i do my makeup for the past month and i'm left impressed by them every single time.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've tried marking this formula as discontinued, but MUA wants to lump the old and new shadows into one link. Within the last month or two MUFE discontinued their older formula and came out with 210 new shadows that can be used all over for anything from every day makeup to makeup artistry. Comparing the two is like apples and oranges because they're so different. The older version could be dry and hard to work with, but it was pigmented. This new formula is a gel powder that varies depending on the finish.The price isn't that different, but you can get a better deal if you buy many at one time. I will try to describe the new finishes.

1. Metallic- very pigmented- labeled as 'ME' and extremely creamy. These almost feel like a cream shadow and they have more gel in them than the other finishes.

2. Iridescent- pigmented- labeled as 'I', and a shimmer finish.

3. Matte-very pigmented- labeled as 'M', and a smooth matte finish.

4. Diamond- very pigmented- labeled as 'D' and a creamy finish with diamond glitter.

5. Satin- labeled as 'S' and the most sheer of all. Some people have issues getting the satins to show up on deeper skin tones. If you like softer shades then it might work for you.

on 10/17/2014 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

FYI: MUFE is Sephoras High End House Brand, so beware of the HYPE that surrounds these they are over marketed

So I bought a few, was not happy, and teturned them - not worth the money

Bought a Stila Palette that I am very happy with

YOU must swatch these shadows, they swatch to a very different color than they appear in the container.

Supposed to be blendable with new formula and the wet / dry thing. Not really. Even the girl at Sephora was not happ with these herself

I bought 3 colors for my very fair pink skin and unfortunately, though I was trying to get new colors, that were different from those that I use daily, I bought 3 that are quite similar to what I use in my Laura Mercier kit (pink, and a more purple taupe) with a taupe for shading).

I would compare to UD colors; a bit out there but you can find a few natural colors for daytime, you just have to swatch and really look. It seems that MUFE is copying the success of UD.

I would suggest passing these up.

You may find a few that you can't dupe, but that would be rare, and the are expensive and depending on what one you buy, difficult to blend

on 8/20/2014 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I have four of these shadows. #92 (Matte purple), a matte fuchsia, matte orange and a matte chocolate brown. I love them all despite to hefty price tag. Most of these can run double, even triple duty as either an eyeshadow, blush or a contour. Creasing is minimal (but I have dry skin so YMMV) and the color payoff is amazing! At $21 you don't really need the whole collection, but it's definately worth it to buy a few. They last forever.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I thought I wanted really pigmented e/s's, but these just go to far. The darker colors are impossible to put on evenly, where your brush falls on the lid or upper lid is always going to be darker, you can't blend it into the rest of the area you want to color. The light colors can look chalky, a lot of them are really blushes they sell as e/s, and they feel like blushes, driers, etc. In fact, these are just dry e/s's period and not easy to blend, tend to be chalky,etc. Maybe if you are a m/u artist you can use them but I gave up, went back to Mac, but just the MATTE2 formula - their best along with Veluxe.

on 9/10/2011 12:57:00 PM

Really nicely pigmented eye shadows. I like the colors and they blend pretty well. My favorite is the dark deep brown. I would buy again.

on 9/17/2009 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Had to add my review here too. I love these shadows like all of you do. I could repeat everything already said but it will be enough to say, I agree. The colors are amazing, the texture is top of the line, and so is the staying power. The main reason I wanted to add a review here is to tell you all how I get around breaking a nail, or chipping my polish when I open these. I use my metal nail file, or any flat, thin, object and put it under the little lift thing, give a light twist up and poof, it is open. Works everytime and no chips! I love the containers because they do stay closed. No mess, no waste, but hard on nails unless you use something to open it with. One side of a tweezer works well too. ;-)