Make Up For Ever Eye shadows

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Make Up For Ever Eye shadows

4.4

Mica,Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Talc, Dimethicone, Kaolin, Zinc Stearate, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate 2, Cetyl Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbitain Sesquioleate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, [ /-CI77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI77499 (Iron Oxide), CI1140 (Yellow 5 Lake), CI77742 (Manganese Violet), CI77007 (Ultramarines), CI77491 (Iron Oxides), CI77492 (Iron Oxides), CI77288 (Chromium Oxide Green), CI75470 (Carmine), CI42090 (Blue 1 Lake), AI5402/01

on 11/1/2017 8:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

My favorite eye shadows in the world - creamy, soft powder, tons of color choices, my favorites are light and medium neutrals - beige, taupe, ivory, pink and browns to set off my blues eyes. I have 2 palettes of 3 colors and they are convenient and gorgeous. Both times the palettes were free so that was a bonus. I apply in the morning and they still look good at the end of the work day. I don’t buy any other brand anymore. I would give 10 stars if I could.

on 3/24/2016 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

These are outstanding. The colors area vibrant and strongly pigmented. You get what you pay for with these! That said, don't waste your money on these in bland, blah colors.

on 12/18/2015 8:01:00 PM

These are fantastic in all of the colors and textures I've tried (and I've tried everything from matte to diamond finishes). The range of colors is impressive, with every color in the visible spectrum available.

The pigmentation is great. The colors are vibrant and true to the way they appear in the pan. If you're looking for a true electric blue, ME216 has you covered. Want something a little more neutral? M626 is a good basic matte brown. There's something for everyone here.

What I really love, and what sets these apart from the countless other shadows out there, is the staying power. My eyelids are super oily. Creasing is part of my daily life. When I wear these with a primer, they stay on all day without creasing or fading. They still look great 8+ hours after I apply them.

My only issue with them (and this is relatively minor) is that only a fraction of the shades are in Sephora stores. I can't test drive most of them, so I have to do some homework and accept the risk of buying before trying them. So far though *knock on wood* I haven't found one yet that I didn't like.

on 12/15/2015 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

mufe has AMAZING eyeshadows. they blend like a dream and aren't powdery. (besides matte shades, which always kick up a little powder no matter what) the ones i've tried have been extremely pigmented, making the little pan they come in last forever. i could not recommend these eyeshadows enough, i've been using them every time i do my makeup for the past month and i'm left impressed by them every single time.

The Make Up For Ever Artist Shadows really do make me and my wallet want to cry because of how good they are. Ever since buying these, I am completely jaded to any and all other eyeshadow brands. Nothing compares. Nothing comes even close.

As many others have said, a little goes a long way, these are so ridiculously pigmented, both mattes and shimmers alike. In fact, if you swatch them on the back of your hand, they're almost difficult to remove - not in a staining way, but the color is just....so *powerful*! I wish that made sense, but if you've ever played around with them, you'll know what I mean.

Regular, well-defined eyeshadow looks can take around 20 to 30 minutes or even longer with standard shadows. Not with these darlings. They're so blendable it hardly even takes effort, much less 10-15 minutes. It's hard to not smile a little when doing a look with the artist shadows because they're just such a joy to work with.

The only thing I'd warn you with these is that they are very creamy due to their gel-hybrid formula, so even if you can normally get away without wearing a base, definitely use one underneath so they have something to adhere to, otherwise they'll crease, and on my oily, hooded eyelids, they crease pretty badly without a primer. But something like Soft Ochre, UDPP, or the Nars one will ensure they last 8+ hours with no issue. It's kind of funny how they're such an all-or-nothing product, but they're worth every penny.

on 3/10/2015 11:11:00 AM

I bought 3 shadows and the palette to get the $20 discount. But that still comes to $44 for 3 eyeshadows. I purchased 3 matte colors: eggshell (M530), fawn (M664) and espresso (M618). The only outstanding performer was fawn. Eggshell was too light, even for my N/NW10-15 skin, and it didn't apply smoothly or evenly. Espresso was an outstanding color--the darkest brown I've ever seen, but it applied streaky and patchy. Wear time for these two shadows was not impressive--no more than 4 hours. At the end of the 4 hours, the eggshell would highlight the crepiness in my lids (which isn't terrible yet) and the espresso would look like little specks. This happened whether I powdered my lids (suggested by MUFE), primed them, or primed them and used a paint pot as a base. The fawn color was so outstanding, I considered keeping only it. It is a peanut butter shade, and it wears beautifully, and is a great crease color, transition color, or even a lid color for a darker complected person. But I couldn't justify keeping it when I have other shadows that work equally well for a fraction of the cost, such as MAC brown script and Makeup Geek frappe.

on 12/27/2014 7:12:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

First I'd like to suggest MUA separate the old formula and new formula for this eye shadow. As other members have pointed out, the entire line is completely different and this problem should be addressed (ok, stepping down from my soap box.) That being said...New formula...Wow, what fantastic eye shadow. I am an eye shadow fanatic and I have experience with lots of HE shadow. This shadow is so intensely pigmented, I can honestly say that I have never ran across another pan style shadow that is packed with so much intensity while maintaining smooth, easy and blendable application. I've swatched many of the colors at my local Sephora, but I've bought 3 pans for myself so far. I got two mattes and one diamond. The mattes are by far the best mattes I have ever worked with. They are so smooth and blendable, frankly it's like make up sorcery! They are so buttery, it is impossible to believe you are working with a true matte. Also, you literally only need to tap the tips of your bristles into the pan once, no need to swirl or double dip. This allows for more accurate application and precision for an overall better experience. I looked at lots of reviews and videos about these before I made the commitment and I'm surprised there are so many "meh" reviews. Granted, I haven't tried every finish. The diamond is gorgeous tho, the pigment is still strong, as in only one dip/ one swipe does the trick, but it's still a sheer wash of color with beautiful diamond shimmers. The shimmer is definitely the star in this finish. The price for these fantastic shadows is also reasonable. Of course, they still put a ding in the checkbook, but over all, you are getting a LOT of product and a discount for buying several at one time. I wish I could buy more, but I cannot allow myself yet as I have a large color selection of multiple brands and I refuse to buy similar colors. However, when I need a replacement, or a special occasion calls for a specific wild color I have yet to add to my collect, these shadows are going to be my new GO TO FIRST.

on 10/17/2014 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

FYI: MUFE is Sephoras High End House Brand, so beware of the HYPE that surrounds these they are over marketed

So I bought a few, was not happy, and teturned them - not worth the money

Bought a Stila Palette that I am very happy with

YOU must swatch these shadows, they swatch to a very different color than they appear in the container.

Supposed to be blendable with new formula and the wet / dry thing. Not really. Even the girl at Sephora was not happ with these herself

I bought 3 colors for my very fair pink skin and unfortunately, though I was trying to get new colors, that were different from those that I use daily, I bought 3 that are quite similar to what I use in my Laura Mercier kit (pink, and a more purple taupe) with a taupe for shading).

I would compare to UD colors; a bit out there but you can find a few natural colors for daytime, you just have to swatch and really look. It seems that MUFE is copying the success of UD.

I would suggest passing these up.

You may find a few that you can't dupe, but that would be rare, and the are expensive and depending on what one you buy, difficult to blend

on 8/29/2012 10:03:00 AM

Well...over all I do love their eye shadows! The color selection is amazing! But it is very "out there" not really every day wear. But the colors are very pigmented, very strong and noticible. I used to wear it a lot when it first came out but not so much anymore. The packaging is a bit hard to open as well, every time have to push it open really hard. I will re-purchase if I need another crazy color which I can't find in cheaper stores.

on 9/10/2011 12:57:00 PM

Really nicely pigmented eye shadows. I like the colors and they blend pretty well. My favorite is the dark deep brown. I would buy again.