MAKE UP FOR EVER Eye shadows

Filtered by age: 30-35
MAKE UP FOR EVER Eye shadows

4.5

Mica,Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Talc, Dimethicone, Kaolin, Zinc Stearate, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate 2, Cetyl Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbitain Sesquioleate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, [ /-CI77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI77499 (Iron Oxide), CI1140 (Yellow 5 Lake), CI77742 (Manganese Violet), CI77007 (Ultramarines), CI77491 (Iron Oxides), CI77492 (Iron Oxides), CI77288 (Chromium Oxide Green), CI75470 (Carmine), CI42090 (Blue 1 Lake), AI5402/01

on 9/17/2009 2:57:00 AM

Skin: Other, Other, Neutral

It's kind of hard to describe why these are so special but here goes. I have a lot of eyeshadows from various brands I like for very different reasons and some I am willing to spend $$$$ on (Nars) but nothing outperforms MUFE. If I couldn't afford a little extra I wouldn't buy Nars but I would scrape the cash together for this. They are worth every penny. Unfortunately I don't have much of a stash because I already invested in other brands before finding this.
-It is extremely finely milled but unlike some finely milled shadows it isn't soft or crumbly. There is zero fallout. It's almost microscopically milled. Not only will pigment not land under your eyes it also won't pile up loose in the pan or fall off your brush. It's so smooth, fine and precise it's almost more like an inky paint than a powder. You can even do fine, totally opaque lines with it with an eyeliner brush.
-A lot of shadows are heavily pigmented but can be so dark they are hard to blend out. This is so heavily pigmented it is totally opaque in swatches but if you want to blend it it will fade out. If you want to layer it it will layer. It's going to magically do whatever you want it to do unlike a lot of shadows that can only go on intense but then won't blend.
-Several of their shades have a very unusual matte finish. It is hard to find good mattes especially matte brights but their matte colors are not at all powdery or chalky or drag queenish. They are like a velvety kind of matte. Just totally pure, butter smooth color.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've tried marking this formula as discontinued, but MUA wants to lump the old and new shadows into one link. Within the last month or two MUFE discontinued their older formula and came out with 210 new shadows that can be used all over for anything from every day makeup to makeup artistry. Comparing the two is like apples and oranges because they're so different. The older version could be dry and hard to work with, but it was pigmented. This new formula is a gel powder that varies depending on the finish.The price isn't that different, but you can get a better deal if you buy many at one time. I will try to describe the new finishes.

1. Metallic- very pigmented- labeled as 'ME' and extremely creamy. These almost feel like a cream shadow and they have more gel in them than the other finishes.

2. Iridescent- pigmented- labeled as 'I', and a shimmer finish.

3. Matte-very pigmented- labeled as 'M', and a smooth matte finish.

4. Diamond- very pigmented- labeled as 'D' and a creamy finish with diamond glitter.

5. Satin- labeled as 'S' and the most sheer of all. Some people have issues getting the satins to show up on deeper skin tones. If you like softer shades then it might work for you.

on 3/27/2009 4:20:00 PM

Hair: Other, Other, Medium

I bought #112 (Dusty Rose) to use as a blush and it is tied as my HG blush, puts almost all of my other blushes to shame! (I have one Lise Watier Fard a Joues en poudre Blush-On Powder "Rose Cachemire" that is very similar to this, a shade cooler with a tinge of shimmer) It is the perfect mesh of peach and pink on my NC/W 15 skin, isn't powdery at all, goes on like a dream. The salesperson told me that the eye-shadows and the blushes are all formulated the same way and can be used interchangeably.

I was looking for something light, as all my other blushes were starting to look a little bright and dark, the lighter my skin got from staying out of the sun. This fits the bill perfectly and gives me that "Just in from the cold" or "Just been kissing" look, which at my age, is pretty lovely. It reminds me of the shade you would see on a lot of fair actresses: a light flush that looks healthy, flirty, feminine and not overdone. I feel absolutely gorgeous in this blush and admit that the vast majority of my other blushes (almost entirely Mac) don't get much play since I found this one.

I am rarely one to care about the look of packaging, but the packaging is bloody annoying. When I first bought it I was so enamoured I wanted to open it on the street, but I was terrified I would drop it as I tugged at the magnetic opening. It's not a "snap" as they say. And, because I am using an eyeshadow as a blush, it's a smaller circle and so I have to dab my blush brush around in little dots to make sure I get an even amount on my brush, or else I will get a streaky look.

Nevertheless, it's such a gorgeous shade. I do wish they would put this shade into a blush container as I go through many little eyeshadows. Will repurchase "forever"

on 12/14/2016 11:02:00 AM

I have a new obsession! I have been craving these shadows now for probably a year. I heard from Youtubers that they are the best but the price is horrendous so I was waiting to use up some of the stuff I owned in order to not have too much excess. I spent hours researching which shades I wanted and recently took the plunge. I got Oat M534, Dark purple taupe M546 and pink granite i544.
The swatches took my breath away. They are perfect to me in a way that is hard to describe. Yes, a bit hyperbolic perhaps, but needless to say I am extremely please with my purchase. The combo is great, I used only the two mattes this morning, oat on lid and taupe on crease. Gorgeous. Blendability is great, pigmentation, everything... I'm in love. As I get rid of my old things I will be looking to get probably about 10 of these singles or so, and some colorful palette to go with that, and that'll be my perfect little collection. Gah!
Edit July 2018
I am still in love with this formula, it is the best in my collection, and I have three viseart matte palettes. The three I talked about previously were before the formula change, and so i now own m924, m847, m853 and m820. Wow guys, I love these shadows sooooo much. Amazing. I just ordered fofoufofour more that I'm waiting on, m240, m748, m226, m856. I find personally only the mattes worth buying at this price because I just love my mattes and I get perfectly awesome shimmers and sparkles from fyrinnae for so cheap, like 3 bucks each, which look so good with pixie epoxy primer. But these mattes slay me.

on 8/11/2010 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I recently made a trip to NYC and stopped by the MUFE
store to start my MUFE eyeshadow collection off right!
The e/s section at the store trumps what sephora has to
offer so if you are ever in the city you have to drop by there. I asked the MA if you can call & order from the storeand she said yes at the flat rate of 8.50. That is what I plan to do in the future for pan shadows. Just an FYI.Okay I hauled the 4x4 palette,
and filled it with shadows # 48: a rust orange with a hint of
shimmer. I like that it's not completely flat like MAC's rule, it's a little deeper too. #58: a deep plum/deep dark
wine color. MAC has nothing like it. the color payoff is beautiful. It stains a bit when swatched on my hand and washed off. Proof that the color is going to be long wearing. #81 is a navy blue
with light shimmer. Like a darker MAC deep truth. Lovely! The last one I hauled was the infamous #92. I see
why it's to well loved. It's bright and blendable. Very
pretty and will look good on everyone. I love them all for
the color payoff and the price was right. Pans are $13.00 at
the store as opposed to 19.00 with packaging at sephora.
Oh, I forgot to add #58, 48, and 92 also can be used a
blushes. On their labels it says blush powder. At the
MUFE store, shadows and blushes are all together you
just pick what you want.
The brand really makes a good matte shadow. MAC
has the veluxe pearls on lock, but they can't really top
MUFE's matte shadow offerings. They are just
awesome.I don't even want to buy any
shadows but MUFE now. I am hooked.

I purchased the mirrored x4 palette with

on 4/11/2010 2:26:00 AM

On my eyes, I find that MUFE shadows apply very pigmented, but fade quickly. They are also slightly chalky and not the easiest to blend (compared to brands like Dior and Shu). However, the shadows never look powdery, no matter how much I apply. I prefer to use MUFE shadows on cheeks, as they are supposed to be a multi-use product. I use the matte finishes, since the satins and shimmers break me out. The formula is not my favorite, but there are favorites I buy again and again. MUFE sells unique colors I can't find elsewhere, and their sleek packaging is great.

on 3/26/2009 12:58:00 PM

I love, love, LOVE this eyeshadow. I have #'s 127 and 165 and I can use them for about 99% of the looks I want to create because they are so nicely pigmented and build/blend so beautifully. They last so long and I love the texture, soft and satiny without being drying. And since the color is so dense I don't need to use a lot, and each disc lasts me months, which is the only way I can justify the price. (Even so, $18 hurts! I knocked a lippie off because of it.) Sometimes if I'm in a hurry I can't get the magnetic latch on the packaging open right away, but on the flip side, that same latch means that I never, ever have eyeshadow all over my makeup bag like with plastic latches.

I will definitely repurchase and I highly recommend.

on 4/12/2016 2:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

The hype of these shadows are well deserved! They are beyond exceptional, from the color selection, texture, staying power, these shadows are perfect and it's not a shade that you want that you can't find in the line. I tossed all my other brand shadows for these and have not looked back.

on 9/10/2011 12:57:00 PM

Really nicely pigmented eye shadows. I like the colors and they blend pretty well. My favorite is the dark deep brown. I would buy again.

on 5/22/2018 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I am a newcomer to the world of MUA eyeshadows and had only stumbled on it because I was looking for a dupe for a particular colour which I saw in a palette from another brand, but the texture of these beauties are simply droolworthy!

I have been wearing the ME 302 (Peacock) and the I 328 (Bronze - which is a close dupe for Bobbi Brown's Forest eyeshadow). Despite the metallic finishes, both of these apply just like cremes and totally win over other eyeshadows (such as the older Burberry Beauty ones) which I'd thought of as "buttery" in the past.

Staying power is respectable: I have oily lids and expect 16+hours' wear without touch-ups in a humid climate, so an eye primer and a base powder helps. With the ME 302, I tend to apply quite heavily to get a more dramatic colour, so this will inevitably crease after 6 hours' wear.

MUA markets itself as a professional artist's brand and are unapologetically so in their price point and packaging. These eyeshadows are up there in the "high end" price spectrum at £15 for 2-2.5g, excluding a permanent case (which are spartan and sold separately, although inexpensively), so it's all about the formula and the colour and absolutely nothing else.

I would certainly repurchase the ME 302 once I run out of it, but I'm not sure yet that MUA eyeshadows would dislodge my longstanding loyalty to my Bobbi Brown staples.