MAKE UP FOR EVER Eye shadows

Filtered by age: 25-29
MAKE UP FOR EVER Eye shadows

4.7

Mica,Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Talc, Dimethicone, Kaolin, Zinc Stearate, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate 2, Cetyl Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbitain Sesquioleate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, [ /-CI77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI77499 (Iron Oxide), CI1140 (Yellow 5 Lake), CI77742 (Manganese Violet), CI77007 (Ultramarines), CI77491 (Iron Oxides), CI77492 (Iron Oxides), CI77288 (Chromium Oxide Green), CI75470 (Carmine), CI42090 (Blue 1 Lake), AI5402/01

on 12/27/2014 7:12:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

First I'd like to suggest MUA separate the old formula and new formula for this eye shadow. As other members have pointed out, the entire line is completely different and this problem should be addressed (ok, stepping down from my soap box.) That being said...New formula...Wow, what fantastic eye shadow. I am an eye shadow fanatic and I have experience with lots of HE shadow. This shadow is so intensely pigmented, I can honestly say that I have never ran across another pan style shadow that is packed with so much intensity while maintaining smooth, easy and blendable application. I've swatched many of the colors at my local Sephora, but I've bought 3 pans for myself so far. I got two mattes and one diamond. The mattes are by far the best mattes I have ever worked with. They are so smooth and blendable, frankly it's like make up sorcery! They are so buttery, it is impossible to believe you are working with a true matte. Also, you literally only need to tap the tips of your bristles into the pan once, no need to swirl or double dip. This allows for more accurate application and precision for an overall better experience. I looked at lots of reviews and videos about these before I made the commitment and I'm surprised there are so many "meh" reviews. Granted, I haven't tried every finish. The diamond is gorgeous tho, the pigment is still strong, as in only one dip/ one swipe does the trick, but it's still a sheer wash of color with beautiful diamond shimmers. The shimmer is definitely the star in this finish. The price for these fantastic shadows is also reasonable. Of course, they still put a ding in the checkbook, but over all, you are getting a LOT of product and a discount for buying several at one time. I wish I could buy more, but I cannot allow myself yet as I have a large color selection of multiple brands and I refuse to buy similar colors. However, when I need a replacement, or a special occasion calls for a specific wild color I have yet to add to my collect, these shadows are going to be my new GO TO FIRST.

on 10/22/2007 3:27:00 AM

MUFE Eye Shadows are hands down my fave eye shadows, period!!! They're silky smooth, very highly pigmented, blends like a dream & no creasing on my oily lids!!! The mattes are so pigmented, unlike any other brand I've tried (MAC, Stila, Nars). The Pearls & Iridescents are not as pigmented as the Mattes, but the shimmers are so soft, they look satiny instead of shimmery, which I looove.... If you're looking for Pro quality eye shadows, please give them a try... They are also available in Refill pans, so you can customize your own palette. BTW, they're the same size as Stila pans!

MUFE's matte eye shadow has to be my favorite product ever and being a makeup artist I'm very picky. At $17 CAD you just can't go wrong. They are very intensely pigmented and have great staying power. They work very well on darker skin tones. I myself am quite pale, and I love the dramatic look it gives. A lot goes a far way, but I suggest knowing a bit about application and blending first to use these powerful colours. Can be used wet or dry. MUFE has the star power MAC just can't hold a candle to.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

These are the best eyeshadows I have ever used. If you see my reviews you will understand how much I love eyeshadows. I have more than the ones I review of course and I particularly love the $$ brand ones for quality-- however I wish I had been smart enough to just get MUFE when my obsession had started to kick in.
I honestly think all
A person really needs is the MUFE line and that's it.

The two shades I have are 626 and 628-- they work beautifully together. They blend beautifully, the colours look very very beautiful, you can make it sheer and soften and layer very quickly and easily-so it looks like you used a quad not just 2 shades

they last well with my normal eye primer, they are just fantastic.

on 3/29/2009 7:52:00 PM

The best thing about these eye shadows are the colors--it's nice to find things that don't have sparkle, shimmer and glitter in them for a natural look. I'm always looking for shades of violet- or rose-based brown to emphasize the natural color around my eyes, while also complimenting my skin and natural hair. Stila generally has good shades but I couldn't find the one I wanted, and Sonia Kashuk has good colors, but unfortunately there are no easily accessible Target stores in San Fran if you don't have a car. I spent about half an hour milling around Sephora until I found this. #164 is perfect, a matte, rosy light brown that is perfect with a peach blush (the picture at sephora.com is significantly lighter and nothing close to the color I have, so don't go by that).They don't crease which is very nice, but they don't stay on too well, so a primer is needed.

on 9/11/2005 2:21:00 PM

I own four colours of these e/s (#51 red, #31 med blue/purple, #92 royal purple, #33 grey) and the colours are vibrant and have great staying power. They are so highly pigmented that the deeper shades will actually leave a trace of colour behind, even when I use cold cream to remove my eye makeup! I do find that they are difficult to blend due to their dry texture, but when applied wet - they give dramatic finishes. A lot of stage MA use these for dancers and actors, that's why I went for the more unusual shades that I can't find anywhere else. These aren't colours I use daily, but when I need something dramatic and that I know will withstand wear, I use these. I bought these colours a few years ago when I was experimenting with crazy colours, now I'm thinking of buying some neutral shades to see how they perform with daily use. I really like the fact that these are matte colours - I'm getting a bit tired of all the shimmer and glitter of MAC shadows. This site has really accurate photos of the colours. continued >>

on 11/28/2013 1:47:00 PM

I'm not familiar with the colour range of these shadows but I just purchased Beige 76 (a light/medium beige/taupe colour) for contouring. I think it looks great; very natural and just dark enough for my light, yellow undertone, skin colour. The pigmentation is decent (not as good as Illamasqua's for example) but very buildable.

This will also double as a great neutral colour all over the lid. I love the look of these beige/taupe colours that are only a shade or 2 darker than your skin tone swept over the lid up towards the brow bone, then down under the eye for that sunken in eye look (kinda grungey-chic, if you will).

The packaging is sleek with magnetic closure. I like that too.

Very happy with it and best of all - you get much more product than with other comparable brands. These shadows are 2.5 grams - MAC's are only 1.5!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I think it's interesting how nobody seems to talk about these eyeshadows. They are nice and just as high quality as Urban Decay (possibly slightly better). I have the matte plum eyeshadow. It is very smooth and easy to pick up on the brush. It goes on nicely and blends well. There seems to be no fallout. The shadow lasts long with primer (I never bother to wear eyeshadow without primer, so I don't know how it wears on its own).

My only complaint is that there is way too much in the pan. Each eyeshadow comes with .08 oz. That's a whole lot of eyeshadow. I can't even say I'l ever make a dent in it. I say make the eyeshadows in .05 oz containers like Urban Decay and drop the price to $15.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I was going to be in the bridal party for a wedding, but didn't want to get my make up done by a make up artist. I had heard some really good things about make up forever and their products so I decided to treat myself to a make up lesson and some new products.

I had never used make up forever's eye shadows previously, but now I am converted. However, that being said it took me a few times to practice applying them correctly. Like some of the previous reviews said, a little bit goes a long way. I would definitely just apply a little bit first then build from there if you want a more intense color. When I practiced putting on my make up the first few times I was way too generous in my application and it just didn't look right. Try al light touch first and then build carefully from there and that helped a lot.

I am also happy to say that the shadows STAY PUT all day. My eye make up for the wedding went the distance from 7AM all the way to 11PM at night so I am happy with that aspect of them as well. Also I appreciate that their matte colors are truly matte and the more shimmery colors are not overly so either.

on 1/29/2012 1:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I have the matte 156 and I am in love with it. It looks amazing on the brow bone area especially if you have dark skin. It is so pigmented so I only have to use a little bit of it.

It's not that much more expensive than mac and in my opinion it's a better quality. I would definitely repurchase this colour again.

The packaging is crappy. I get it's black and simple but for the price at least add an eyeshadow applicator. Dior is just as as good in terms of pigmentation and you can buy the quads for cheaper price. As far as I know they are both from France. I wish MUF would change their packaging since average people can buy it now.