MAKE UP FOR EVER Eye shadows

Filtered by age: 19-24
MAKE UP FOR EVER Eye shadows

4.4

Mica,Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Talc, Dimethicone, Kaolin, Zinc Stearate, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate 2, Cetyl Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbitain Sesquioleate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, [ /-CI77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI77499 (Iron Oxide), CI1140 (Yellow 5 Lake), CI77742 (Manganese Violet), CI77007 (Ultramarines), CI77491 (Iron Oxides), CI77492 (Iron Oxides), CI77288 (Chromium Oxide Green), CI75470 (Carmine), CI42090 (Blue 1 Lake), AI5402/01

The Make Up For Ever Artist Shadows really do make me and my wallet want to cry because of how good they are. Ever since buying these, I am completely jaded to any and all other eyeshadow brands. Nothing compares. Nothing comes even close.

As many others have said, a little goes a long way, these are so ridiculously pigmented, both mattes and shimmers alike. In fact, if you swatch them on the back of your hand, they're almost difficult to remove - not in a staining way, but the color is just....so *powerful*! I wish that made sense, but if you've ever played around with them, you'll know what I mean.

Regular, well-defined eyeshadow looks can take around 20 to 30 minutes or even longer with standard shadows. Not with these darlings. They're so blendable it hardly even takes effort, much less 10-15 minutes. It's hard to not smile a little when doing a look with the artist shadows because they're just such a joy to work with.

The only thing I'd warn you with these is that they are very creamy due to their gel-hybrid formula, so even if you can normally get away without wearing a base, definitely use one underneath so they have something to adhere to, otherwise they'll crease, and on my oily, hooded eyelids, they crease pretty badly without a primer. But something like Soft Ochre, UDPP, or the Nars one will ensure they last 8+ hours with no issue. It's kind of funny how they're such an all-or-nothing product, but they're worth every penny.

on 12/15/2015 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

mufe has AMAZING eyeshadows. they blend like a dream and aren't powdery. (besides matte shades, which always kick up a little powder no matter what) the ones i've tried have been extremely pigmented, making the little pan they come in last forever. i could not recommend these eyeshadows enough, i've been using them every time i do my makeup for the past month and i'm left impressed by them every single time.

on 1/25/2015 12:13:00 PM

Amazing shadows! So smooth and super pigmented, I don't know what I was doing without these shadows in my life!

on 11/29/2007 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

MUFE products are VERY pigmented, good quality, apply smoothly and last forever. I own #92 (matte purple - if you have brown or green eyes, BUY this) and #307 (diamond black).

The matte products are the most pigmented however MUFE eyeshadows will on the whole night (sans primer for me). The purple matte is almost an ethereal purple and the right application can give you a very high fashion look. The colouring of the purple is very unique and it contains some red tone which is unusual as most purples tend to be blue toned.

The diamond black is a standard black eye shadow with fine silver glitter (MUFE is known for doing glitter products very well). My one difficulty with this product is that if I apply the shadow with a brush, the glitter tends to stick to the brush and I just get plain black on my eye so I apply with my finger. But for the look and quality of the product this is a small sacrifice - just wash your hands before and after applying!

The packaging is durable and easy to store (since they're flat and square shaped you can stack them in your drawer).

MUFE is definately my HG eyeshadow.

on 8/29/2012 10:03:00 AM

Well...over all I do love their eye shadows! The color selection is amazing! But it is very "out there" not really every day wear. But the colors are very pigmented, very strong and noticible. I used to wear it a lot when it first came out but not so much anymore. The packaging is a bit hard to open as well, every time have to push it open really hard. I will re-purchase if I need another crazy color which I can't find in cheaper stores.

on 4/27/2009 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

I recently ordered #76 (beige) #3 (Eggshell) and #161 (cinnamon). They are all matte finish and are definitely not like any matte eyeshadows I've ever tried. #3 is great highlight and blending color. #76 is the all-purpose beige color and #161 is actually a blush not a shadow. They are very silky and pigmented. They have nylon in them which would explain why they go on so creamy. They are very pigmented, and have a different finish than Mac matte or Urban Decay matte shadows. They are a bit pricey, their shadows are a lot larger than MAC or Urban Decay. I recommend giving them a try!

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I probably dont have this exact color but their eyeshadows are pretty good,on the expensive side but then again you do get twice more than you would get in Mac shadow and
MUFE shadows are creamier

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I have these in Eggshell and Pink Gray, which I use for a highlight and contour. They're really pigmented, and they blend out pretty nicely. I would definitely consider going to these for more of my shadows.

on 10/7/2011 3:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have this shadow in Black 4, for lining my eyes, so I cannot comment on it as an actual shadow.

Packaging: Poor. It is a slim little case that closes firmly, but seems almost flimsy. For $20, I would usually expect a mirror or at least a thicker, more sturdy case.

Product: This shadow is a very dark matte black, which I dab over my gel liners to make them darker and fill in gaps on my lashline with a flat liner brush. The shadow lasts quite a long time and is very finely milled and smooth.

Price: The product is of very fine quality, but for $20 I expected a mirror or at least a cheap applicator. :(

on 3/15/2011 4:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I love them.
So pigmented, pans are bigger than most lines, big variety of colors...what else can ya ask for?

Oh, and I love that the single container eye shadows aren't glued in! Extra plus!!!