Pond's Dry Skin Cream

Filtered by skin tone : Medium Brown
Pond's Dry Skin Cream
Dry Skin CreamDry Skin CreamDry Skin Cream

4.1

Water , Mineral Oil , Isopropyl Palmitate , Petrolatum , Glycerin , Stearic Acid , Ceresin , Glyceryl Stearate , Cetyl Alcohol , Sorbitan Oleate , Candelilla Wax , Triethanolamine , Laureth-23 , Fragrance , Carbomer , Disodiium EDTA , DMDM Hydantoin , Methylparaben , Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Too thick, brought more acne. Clogged my pores and made my skin feel+look greasy. 👎👎👎

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have pretty normal skin, but after I was my face it feels very dry so I always apply this cream before my make up and especially when I wear no make up. I love it! And a little goes a long way!

on 12/22/2013 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I originally bought this product because my skin had dry patches due to the winter weather and a horrible experience with a cleanser.

This product does a fantastic job moisturizing. The dry patches on my face went away within a week after using it daily. My skin also became very soft and I like the smell of the product.

Unfortunately, this product takes a long time to absorb into my skin, which I think is because of the mineral oil. It also leaves a very oily and and heavy look and feel to my skin. After applying makeup, my skin would look very greasy. This product also started to break me out in whiteheads and pimples after a week or so.

Recently I have started using it on my body, and it does an excellent job keeping my skin moisturizer and doesn't give me body acne.

on 7/28/2013 2:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Bought this stuff cuz my mom said she used it when she was a kid lol. Where I bought it (in the city) it cost a little more but I recently repurchased it for $5 which isn't bad at all. The cream is very light and it is scented. The scent is pretty noticeable but I like it :) I put the cream on my face at night after I've washed everything off (I use black soap). I put a good amount at night and by the morning my skin has soaked it all in and it feels SO SOFT its amazing. Feels like new skin ! In the mornings I use a Clearasil face wash and use a much smaller amount of the cream. Parts of my face are very dry and others get really oily and gross so I'm careful with this stuff during the day. I used it regularly and my skin became so clear that people always asked what foundation I was wearing and I don't wear foundation cuz I SUCK at applying it. Anyways, I adore this stuff. I use cocoa butter for the rest of my body cuz of course its not the same as the skin on my face but I will always use this cream as a moisturizer for my face. It has not failed me once!

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I live in Boston,MA and the weather can be pretty harsh, especially the winters. I used to get random dry patches and flakiness because I didn't take care of my skin. I'm 23 and I use this after washing my face at night and under makeup in the AM.
Pros**
-It makes my skin feel dewy and fresh.
-I like the powdery scent.
-I also I use extra under my eyes and that has save me $$ on eye cream.
-It keeps my skin "dry patch free"

Cons**
-It has no sunscreen
-It's tested on animals :(

I recommend it as an "I'm too drunk to wash my face" makeup remover, "I'm too broke to buy eye cream" eye cream, and a general moisturizer for dry/combination/normal skin. The price is great for its versatility and richness.

--update--
I added a star to make 5. I tried to used other creams for a few months and my skin was terrible. It was dry and flaky and just gross. I bought a new ponds cream and it was perfect. My skin neeeds this stuff. I HIGHLY recommend it for dry,flaky (non acne prone) skin!

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

My skin is oily, but still use this:

At night on my neck and chest because I can't find a cream that I like.

On my face after getting out of the pool because the chlorine dries me out.

Before skiing to protect my face from the cold.

On my face and body after going out on the boat or being on the beach and in the ocean. My skin gets tight from the wind, salt water, sun exposure, and sunscreen.

One my knees, feet, and elbows when they feel extra dry.

On my face at night after partying just a little too hard. I remove my makeup with the original cold cream, wipe with a hot towel, and rub some of this into my face before putting on my eye mask and hitting the sack.

The smell is inoffensive and it sinks in very quickly with no oily residue. I don't use it around my eyes because I wear contacts and I'm scared of anything near them.

on 2/14/2013 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

As the reviewer below me stated: This is an emergency face cream. It's not something that I like to or suggest using on a daily basis. However, to cure dry/dehydrated skin, you really can't beat this.

This is NOT, I repeat, NOT, a product for those with oily skin or are breakout prone. It feels very heavy/greasy, and doesn't contain the best ingredients (petroleum being one of them). I am normally oily skinned, but decided to buy this because the harsh Canadian winter left me with dry patches on my cheeks and chin. After using this product for only a few days, they have cleared up completely.

I don't suggest using this under makeup (it's heavy and takes a long time to sink in). Apply this thickly at night before bed and you will wake up with baby smooth skin that your makeup will just GLIDE onto. BTW- For extra hydration, try doing a mask with Ponds Cold Cream (green cap) once a week. it works like a charm.

This is a very basic moisturizer. It contains no miracle ingredients, no SPF, no anti-aging benefits. It's nothing more or less than a great moisturizer for dehydrated/dry skin. For what it claims to be (and for the price/quantity ratio), this is excellent.

on 12/12/2008 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Absolutely incredible moisturizer. It's classic. I actually don't even have dry skin bout this is so luxurious and doesn't clog pores so I can use it sans blemishes developing. I put this on at night on top of my regular face cream, and I wake up with such soft skin on my face. This really gives me an amazing morning glow, and the price is perfect. I've seen $300 face creams that can't hold a candle to this one. Divine.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Very good moisturizer. I know this is a dryskin cream but it still works on my combination skin. It does not break me out or anything because you have to cleanse your face well before applying this. smells really nice and keeps face soft as baby

on 2/5/2007 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I love this stuff. It has a very fresh smell, comes in an adorable jar, is dirt cheap, and is very moisturizing. This is my HG night cream. I always get compliments on my skin whenever I use this.