Ponds Dry Skin Cream

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Ponds Dry Skin Cream
Dry Skin CreamDry Skin CreamDry Skin Cream

3.8

Water , Mineral Oil , Isopropyl Palmitate , Petrolatum , Glycerin , Stearic Acid , Ceresin , Glyceryl Stearate , Cetyl Alcohol , Sorbitan Oleate , Candelilla Wax , Triethanolamine , Laureth-23 , Fragrance , Carbomer , Disodiium EDTA , DMDM Hydantoin , Methylparaben , Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate

Love this stuff! I have combination skin that is maturing (I’m 41) and this cream really keeps my skin hydrated, plump looking and doesn’t break me out at all. I use this in the evening in conjunction with tea tree oil on the areas I tend to break out and haven’t had a better looking complexion. I have spent so much money over the years on skin care, anti-aging, etc. and I’m so happy to find such an effective product that is so inexpensive too. Sometimes it’s better to keep it simple. Also, while some people think it smells like old lady, I think the scent is mild and soothing.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I picked this up while on the hunt for their cold cream cleanser and I actually totally fell in love. I have dry, sensitive skin that is acne prone and my skin care regimen is really complicated to keep my skin happy. This definitely doesn't upset my skin and it moisturizes and hydrates so well i don't need to put oil over it. My other (HG) moisturizer is cosmetic lad from LUSH (25$) which is better for the skin and helps calm down any acne and texture, but this is what I use when my skin is looking pretty good, so i'm not going through the LUSH one so fast. Overall, I highly recommend if you have dry/sensitive skin and it's only 6$ at Walmart.

Update: I like it, but I think it clogs my pores and breaks me out due to the mineral oil content which is rather disappointing. I will continue using it on my body and hands, however.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

First and foremost, this moisturizer is AMAZEBALLS! I live in El Salvador (Central America), it's hot and humid year-round and I have really oily and acne-prone skin. I think you got the picture. This helps my skin stay moisturized and with a healthy glow. I find that it's a bit heavy but you can let it sink for about 5 minutes, then blot the excess and VOILA! Good to go. I use it at nighttime and during the day and it doesn't break me out at all, it's pure heaven and for the price... you can't beat that EVER.

on 9/12/2016 9:55:00 PM

Great product for the money. Super moisturizing, a product that I always go back to. It has really helped my dry, acne prone skin. Just keep in mind that it is a heavy moisturizer and does not absorb quickly.

on 2/20/2016 9:49:00 PM

I've basically given up on all other products in favour of using a simple and effective routine of Pond's Cold Cream Cleanser Moisturizing Deep Cleanser, and this - their Dry Skin Cream.

At the time I turned to these products my face was a flipping mess. I was using a retinol-based line and a bunch of other products here and there that I liked. I didn't really connect that I was probably having a retinol issue (omg why anyone would put themselves through that!) At one point my face just got so hard and dry and rough and congested I was turning to more and more ways to keep it clean and exfoliated and that just made things worse and acne was starting to threaten, which I've never had before. This was insane.

I just wanted something super moisturizing and hopefully inexpensive that actually worked instead of trying another line, and another expensive cream that did butkus. MUA'ers loved the Dry Skin Cream so I thought I'd try it along with the cleanser. They had them on sale, and bundled in a 2-for. So affordable!

As soon as I used them - ahhhhhh. My skin felt soft and smooth and protected and strong and plump and happy. Immediately.

This was months ago and I've not looked back. This simple product with its simple ingredients has just been what my skin wanted - to be left alone with minimal interference to balance itself out. I'm so happy!

I use it day and night. Sometime in the evening I'll layer with a facial treatment oil, and use SPF over it for the day.

I picked up the travel size at target for a weekend away and fell in love with it during my first use. Makes my skin feel like butter! I purchased the larger size and have it next to my bed so I can use every night. It can make me look a little dewy but I don't wear much makeup so I don't mind so much.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This didn't work out for my skin at all, but I think this product is still worth it. If it didn't work out for your skin either, don't just throw this out! Hear me out... Put this in a squeeze tube/container. Use this as your hand cream. I wash my hands a lot, so my hands get dry to the point where my palms start to look a little scaley. Using this as a hand cream has changed my hands! It sinks in after a few minutes, but make sure not to use your computer immediately after. You'll be left with greasy keys. Other than that, though, I love this cream. I try to remember to put on this cream before bed so that my hands can feel hydrated in the morning. I'm terrified after all of the times I've heard "women show aging most in their hands" lol

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is the moisturizer I've always dreamed about! I was sad about Mad Men ending recently, so I went back and watched a few episodes. I saw the one about the Pond's campaign, and when I was at CVS a few weeks later, I picked up a jar of this stuff. It's...amazing. I think there's a reason it's been around so long. Nothing makes my skin more supple or glowing.

I suffer from extremely dry skin and this has been the only thing that DOES anything. And I've tried lots of expensive stuff (i.e. Chanel, Clinique, Bobbi Brown, etc.) It's great for morning and night. I was also surprised that when I applied my Estee Lauder Double Wear this morning, it just blended in like a dream. Usually I have to be very handy with a beauty blender, and it would still come on patchy. Not with Pond's. I was able to walk around wearing foundation without feeling self-conscious. Hands down, this is the best yet.

EDIT 06/11/2015: Nooooooooooooo!! This made me break out so incredibly bad. Horrible cystic acne. The only other thing that's done this was Mac Studio Fix foundation. I'm so sad. :( I loved this moisturizer, because, again, it's the only moisturizer that helps with my dry flakes. I wish I could suffer through the breakouts, but I can't. Since I've stopped using it, they have went away. Major bummer.

on 4/21/2015 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Pros:
It smells like baby powder!
It's cheap for a sizable tub (like $8 at Target for 10.1 oz)

Cons:
It takes a lot of work to get it into my skin
I rarely get acne, but this makes me break out
It makes my skin feel more oily than moisturized

I want to love this product, but it just doesn't work well for me.

on 4/19/2015 11:02:00 PM

So I've been using olay moisturizers for as long as I could remember, and never has anything to rave about. But I used this and my skin has never been so moisturized! Yes I prefer bottles products versus jar ones but I'm so glad I switched to ponds. A little also goes a long way!