Ponds Dry Skin Cream

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Ponds Dry Skin Cream
Dry Skin CreamDry Skin CreamDry Skin Cream

3.8

Water , Mineral Oil , Isopropyl Palmitate , Petrolatum , Glycerin , Stearic Acid , Ceresin , Glyceryl Stearate , Cetyl Alcohol , Sorbitan Oleate , Candelilla Wax , Triethanolamine , Laureth-23 , Fragrance , Carbomer , Disodiium EDTA , DMDM Hydantoin , Methylparaben , Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

First and foremost, this moisturizer is AMAZEBALLS! I live in El Salvador (Central America), it's hot and humid year-round and I have really oily and acne-prone skin. I think you got the picture. This helps my skin stay moisturized and with a healthy glow. I find that it's a bit heavy but you can let it sink for about 5 minutes, then blot the excess and VOILA! Good to go. I use it at nighttime and during the day and it doesn't break me out at all, it's pure heaven and for the price... you can't beat that EVER.

on 12/13/2015 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I initially bought this because I wanted a moisturizer....when I first used it I LOVED IT!
Good smell, great amount of product, made my face soft! A moisturizer! It did what it was supposed to do! Moisturize.
I used it at night after cleansing (or after a sheet mask) and in the morning to prep for foundation.
Unfortunately, a few days later, like four pimples show up. 2 symmetrical ones on both of my cheeks (kinda nice) and 2 on the left side of my lips. :(
What's sad is that I'm not one who breaks out easily! Only the OCCASIONAL pimple during my period (or stressing about my grades).

Maybe I used it too much? Maybe its not good enough for me? (or im not good enough for it....) but it was a good try. I'll just go back to my Shiseido Ibuki samples from my favorite saleslady, Patricia.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I bought this because I have combo skin, but have patchy dry areas on my cheeks and mouth area. It works extremely well on those dry patches! I found a jar of this at my mom's house and have been hooked. My mother has been using this for quite some time and I see why. I will always repurchase, but it takes a long time to finish a jar!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I was in need of a great moisturizer to use in the nighttime because I felt like my face needed that extra moisture. I have very oily skin, and even then my face felt dehydrated. I was using Cetaphil but I felt like it did not penetrate my skin, and I was afraid of using another moisturizer in fear that my skin will break out (I have oily, acne-prone skin). Then I found this classic cream. I have been using it for the past week and I am very content. This cream is very rich and can be a bit greasy so I recommend using it only in the nighttime. This cream penetrates my skin and leaves my skin supple. After I wake up in the morning, I find that my skin is not an oily mess but rather bright, moisturized and alive. I use it in conjunction with my retin-a and they work great together. This cream is inexpensive and gets the job done.

on 4/19/2015 11:02:00 PM

So I've been using olay moisturizers for as long as I could remember, and never has anything to rave about. But I used this and my skin has never been so moisturized! Yes I prefer bottles products versus jar ones but I'm so glad I switched to ponds. A little also goes a long way!

on 3/21/2015 10:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Love it! Many people complain it's greasy. That is why yourself supposed to use it at night. It has mineral oil in it which I literally an oil. READ THE BACK PEOPLE. In the long run this stuff will help oily skin bc skin won't have to produce oil if it's already added. Once I rinse my face in the morning it's absolutely glowing and soft and supple. This doesn't cause breakouts.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Other than heavy-duty samples of EL overnight eye cream, nothing has made my skin feel as moisturized as Ponds. Since I can't afford EL, I tried every over-the-counter moisturizer I could get. All of them left my face feeling tight and uncomfortable.

I've finally settled on using Ponds cucumber cleanser (love the scent!), rinsing away with a warm washcloth and then putting a small dollop of Ponds Dry Skin Cream over my still-damp skin. If feels wonderful. I can't say much about the scent of this one, though. It's the same as when my mom used it decades ago and strikes me as the dreaded "old-ladyish." If there were an unscented version or updated scent, I'd buy it, but as it is, I'm still a happy camper with some thick, luxurious cold cream moisturizing my face!

I'll definitely be buying this every winter.

on 1/20/2015 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

After using Dr. Hauschka for years (and still loving it!) I noticed that my skin started to become very dry and flaky during winter months so I had to try some richer moisturizer. I used Ponds before (Cold Cream) and I pretty much liked it, also it is not expensive product (compare Ponds $6 and Dr. Hauschka $42).
After using it for first time, I dislike the scent - it's really strong and overpowering, hate it.
But I like the consistency and moisturizing level. Leaves my skin really hydrated and soft. All the flakiness was gone just in one day. I think it is a great moisturizer for very dry skin and cold, windy winter months. I love to use it during night but it is too rich to use during day.

My face gets dry all year round, especially around my nose. It starts to peel and itchy when dry. I use this product all over my face after I shower and even before I apply makeup. It's good. I like it but I agree I'm not a fan of it being in a jar. Oh well, works for me ! Yay.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Smells good and moisturizes my dry skin. Cost runs around six to seven dollars for a 6.5 oz jar. How can you beat the price for a good moisturizer?

I don't mind using jars. I always wash my hands well before removing and applying makeup. The only complaint I have with this jar is the opening could be larger. When I am near the bottom of the jar, have to angle my fingers in an odd way to reach the moisturizer. Solved the problem by using an inexpensive spatula to reach the moisturizer.