Pond's Dry Skin Cream

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Pond's Dry Skin Cream
Dry Skin CreamDry Skin CreamDry Skin Cream

3.8

Water , Mineral Oil , Isopropyl Palmitate , Petrolatum , Glycerin , Stearic Acid , Ceresin , Glyceryl Stearate , Cetyl Alcohol , Sorbitan Oleate , Candelilla Wax , Triethanolamine , Laureth-23 , Fragrance , Carbomer , Disodiium EDTA , DMDM Hydantoin , Methylparaben , Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I can't get over this stuff- I have just been using a tub for about a week and I can't believe it. This stuff is basically the American DS equivalent to Embryolisse Lait Creme Concentre. The ingredients are pretty darn similar and the overall effect and formula is nearly indistinguishable- bar the heavy scent of Ponds. Embryolisse is slightly thinner, and in a weird way, a little more waxy? Definitely slightly stickier than Pond's. The price of this will keep me coming back for more! Wish they made an unscented version.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I don't leave this on as a facial moisturizer, I only use it as a makeup remover. It works very well. I've tried it as a moisturizer but it was just too heavy. It made me break out. I like using it to keep all my tattoos moisturized though. I wouldn't recommend it for a new tattoo during the healing process, but when used on old and healed up tattoos, it keeps them looking vivid.

on 11/22/2017 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I would only buy this again for my legs. The smell is amazing and it makes them very soft. It is soothing to apply!

As for the face this is horrible. It breaks me out in acne and makes my face red with continued use (probably from the fragrance.)
At first, I thought wow a product with fragrance that doesn't redden my skin....well I was wrong (that was only after first night of use!) Also makes milia worse. I should have known though...because heavy products tend to do that.

on 7/17/2017 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

(Normal to dry skin, no acne or other issues)

This is a good, basic barrier cream. Simple.
The actives in my routine are Tretinoin, C E Ferulic, and occasional Mandelic acid peels. I don't look for a cream to do anything but moisturize, protect and seal.
This does a great job at that, for cheap. One tub will last just about forever.
It's thick and rich and contains mineral oil. If your skin doesn't doesn't respond well to these types of creams, avoid it. My skin is left a bit dry and sensitive from the actives in my routine, and a few nights a week I'll layer a bit of this on over my face oil blend as a last step before bed. It works for me.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I picked this up while on the hunt for their cold cream cleanser and I actually totally fell in love. I have dry, sensitive skin that is acne prone and my skin care regimen is really complicated to keep my skin happy. This definitely doesn't upset my skin and it moisturizes and hydrates so well i don't need to put oil over it. My other (HG) moisturizer is cosmetic lad from LUSH (25$) which is better for the skin and helps calm down any acne and texture, but this is what I use when my skin is looking pretty good, so i'm not going through the LUSH one so fast. Overall, I highly recommend if you have dry/sensitive skin and it's only 6$ at Walmart.

Update: I like it, but I think it clogs my pores and breaks me out due to the mineral oil content which is rather disappointing. I will continue using it on my body and hands, however.

on 2/20/2016 9:49:00 PM

I've basically given up on all other products in favour of using a simple and effective routine of Pond's Cold Cream Cleanser Moisturizing Deep Cleanser, and this - their Dry Skin Cream.

At the time I turned to these products my face was a flipping mess. I was using a retinol-based line and a bunch of other products here and there that I liked. I didn't really connect that I was probably having a retinol issue (omg why anyone would put themselves through that!) At one point my face just got so hard and dry and rough and congested I was turning to more and more ways to keep it clean and exfoliated and that just made things worse and acne was starting to threaten, which I've never had before. This was insane.

I just wanted something super moisturizing and hopefully inexpensive that actually worked instead of trying another line, and another expensive cream that did butkus. MUA'ers loved the Dry Skin Cream so I thought I'd try it along with the cleanser. They had them on sale, and bundled in a 2-for. So affordable!

As soon as I used them - ahhhhhh. My skin felt soft and smooth and protected and strong and plump and happy. Immediately.

This was months ago and I've not looked back. This simple product with its simple ingredients has just been what my skin wanted - to be left alone with minimal interference to balance itself out. I'm so happy!

I use it day and night. Sometime in the evening I'll layer with a facial treatment oil, and use SPF over it for the day.

on 8/13/2015 2:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

I recently rediscover this moisturizer and I'm loving it all over again :) I only use it at night and It's really moisturizing but not overly oily and leaves my skin supple and glowing the next morning. Because of the price, I also use it as my body lotion.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is the moisturizer I've always dreamed about! I was sad about Mad Men ending recently, so I went back and watched a few episodes. I saw the one about the Pond's campaign, and when I was at CVS a few weeks later, I picked up a jar of this stuff. It's...amazing. I think there's a reason it's been around so long. Nothing makes my skin more supple or glowing.

I suffer from extremely dry skin and this has been the only thing that DOES anything. And I've tried lots of expensive stuff (i.e. Chanel, Clinique, Bobbi Brown, etc.) It's great for morning and night. I was also surprised that when I applied my Estee Lauder Double Wear this morning, it just blended in like a dream. Usually I have to be very handy with a beauty blender, and it would still come on patchy. Not with Pond's. I was able to walk around wearing foundation without feeling self-conscious. Hands down, this is the best yet.

EDIT 06/11/2015: Nooooooooooooo!! This made me break out so incredibly bad. Horrible cystic acne. The only other thing that's done this was Mac Studio Fix foundation. I'm so sad. :( I loved this moisturizer, because, again, it's the only moisturizer that helps with my dry flakes. I wish I could suffer through the breakouts, but I can't. Since I've stopped using it, they have went away. Major bummer.

I didn't like this at first because it smells like of old lady perfumey, and I thought it broke me out. However, I switched to using only at night (a light one in the morning) and using a smaller amount. My skin stopped breaking out so much after a while, so it may have just been an initial transition period. While I'll use it to the end (which will be a while--it's a big tub!), I won't repurchase. It leaves my skin a little oily looking no matter how little I use, and that makes me paranoid that it's still causing me to break out. I don't notice the scent anymore, but would prefer a different one (or none).

on 4/21/2015 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Pros:
It smells like baby powder!
It's cheap for a sizable tub (like $8 at Target for 10.1 oz)

Cons:
It takes a lot of work to get it into my skin
I rarely get acne, but this makes me break out
It makes my skin feel more oily than moisturized

I want to love this product, but it just doesn't work well for me.