Pond's Dry Skin Cream

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Pond's Dry Skin Cream
Dry Skin CreamDry Skin CreamDry Skin Cream

3.7

Water , Mineral Oil , Isopropyl Palmitate , Petrolatum , Glycerin , Stearic Acid , Ceresin , Glyceryl Stearate , Cetyl Alcohol , Sorbitan Oleate , Candelilla Wax , Triethanolamine , Laureth-23 , Fragrance , Carbomer , Disodiium EDTA , DMDM Hydantoin , Methylparaben , Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate

listen ....... i’m the kind of person who has truly tried everything. i struggle with so many skin issues that there’s never just one product that helps. i was about to purchase a $30 moisturizer i got a sample for and decided to try, but the same day i went to my local drug store first and for some reason decided to pick up a $5 jar of ponds dry skin cream. i’ve never used it before and generally stray away from cheap products since my skin is sensitive and cheap products usually irritate the eczema on and around my eyes and makes me break out even more, but i tried this stuff anyways. the first day i used it, i literally wished i could just keep putting more and more on because it feels so GOOD! it’s not greasy or heavy or really much of anything, it’s a very light creamy texture that just feels soothing on your skin. it felt sensitive enough to even use around my eyes, and it didn’t even sting like almost every other moisturizer does! so first night and i’m already amazed. within days my eczema was almost completely cleared up, my skin felt balanced, and for the first time in a long time, my skin felt NORMAL. i love this stuff so much, i will never use another moisturizer again. it’s perfect.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I can't get over this stuff- I have just been using a tub for about a week and I can't believe it. This stuff is basically the American DS equivalent to Embryolisse Lait Creme Concentre. The ingredients are pretty darn similar and the overall effect and formula is nearly indistinguishable- bar the heavy scent of Ponds. Embryolisse is slightly thinner, and in a weird way, a little more waxy? Definitely slightly stickier than Pond's. The price of this will keep me coming back for more! Wish they made an unscented version.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I don't leave this on as a facial moisturizer, I only use it as a makeup remover. It works very well. I've tried it as a moisturizer but it was just too heavy. It made me break out. I like using it to keep all my tattoos moisturized though. I wouldn't recommend it for a new tattoo during the healing process, but when used on old and healed up tattoos, it keeps them looking vivid.

on 11/22/2017 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I would only buy this again for my legs. The smell is amazing and it makes them very soft. It is soothing to apply!

As for the face this is horrible. It breaks me out in acne and makes my face red with continued use (probably from the fragrance.)
At first, I thought wow a product with fragrance that doesn't redden my skin....well I was wrong (that was only after first night of use!) Also makes milia worse. I should have known though...because heavy products tend to do that.

Love this stuff! I have combination skin that is maturing (I’m 41) and this cream really keeps my skin hydrated, plump looking and doesn’t break me out at all. I use this in the evening in conjunction with tea tree oil on the areas I tend to break out and haven’t had a better looking complexion. I have spent so much money over the years on skin care, anti-aging, etc. and I’m so happy to find such an effective product that is so inexpensive too. Sometimes it’s better to keep it simple. Also, while some people think it smells like old lady, I think the scent is mild and soothing.

on 8/21/2017 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Just not doing it for me. I have really dry, sensitive skin but this is so greasy and heavy even when using just a small amount. Never really absorbed. Felt like it was riding on top of my skin. Light smell which I didn't find offensive and didn't set off my sensitive skin but this does not work for me as either a day or night cream. Will use up the jar on heels, elbows and various other dry spots but would not repurchase.

on 7/17/2017 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

(Normal to dry skin, no acne or other issues)

This is a good, basic barrier cream. Simple.
The actives in my routine are Tretinoin, C E Ferulic, and occasional Mandelic acid peels. I don't look for a cream to do anything but moisturize, protect and seal.
This does a great job at that, for cheap. One tub will last just about forever.
It's thick and rich and contains mineral oil. If your skin doesn't doesn't respond well to these types of creams, avoid it. My skin is left a bit dry and sensitive from the actives in my routine, and a few nights a week I'll layer a bit of this on over my face oil blend as a last step before bed. It works for me.

on 4/15/2017 5:08:00 PM

I've been using this since I was 13 years old and my mother used it since she was a teen she is in her 70s and looks like a lady in her 50s the few wrinkles she has are not noticeable and she just got them in her 70s and haven't used any other cream only ponds. I have dry skin and this has always been good at taking care of my skin and performed so much better than anything else, my expensive creams don't hydrate my skin the way this does and I always end up looking dry and gross so the ponds is the best for me anyways and looking at my mothers skin it works at preventing aging skin. It's cheap and lasts along time it goes well under makeup and smells fine

This product is great! Definitely would only recommend as a night cream though, your poor skin would probably crisp if you wore this in the sun. This stuff is great! I have dry, sensitive, acne prone skin and this hydrates my skin and makes it feel sooo smooth while applying and in the morning. It's a rich, inexpensive cream and AMAZING if you have sensitive skin. This did not break me out and it's hypoallergenic. Definitely a HG of drug-store creams. It's not anti-wrinkle or anything, but I'm 19 and don't really care about that just yet! It makes my skin plump and beautiful. So cheap, smells powdery, and the packaging is actually adorable and long-lasting!

Update: This product moisturizes well, but it contains mineral oil, which is really not goo

on 2/29/2016 9:02:00 PM

I love this cream it's my favorite night cream everyone in my family uses it we all look young