Pond's Dry Skin Cream

Filtered by skin type : Oily
Pond's Dry Skin Cream
Dry Skin CreamDry Skin CreamDry Skin Cream

3.5

Water , Mineral Oil , Isopropyl Palmitate , Petrolatum , Glycerin , Stearic Acid , Ceresin , Glyceryl Stearate , Cetyl Alcohol , Sorbitan Oleate , Candelilla Wax , Triethanolamine , Laureth-23 , Fragrance , Carbomer , Disodiium EDTA , DMDM Hydantoin , Methylparaben , Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I was in need of a great moisturizer to use in the nighttime because I felt like my face needed that extra moisture. I have very oily skin, and even then my face felt dehydrated. I was using Cetaphil but I felt like it did not penetrate my skin, and I was afraid of using another moisturizer in fear that my skin will break out (I have oily, acne-prone skin). Then I found this classic cream. I have been using it for the past week and I am very content. This cream is very rich and can be a bit greasy so I recommend using it only in the nighttime. This cream penetrates my skin and leaves my skin supple. After I wake up in the morning, I find that my skin is not an oily mess but rather bright, moisturized and alive. I use it in conjunction with my retin-a and they work great together. This cream is inexpensive and gets the job done.

on 3/6/2015 6:27:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

PROS:
- cheap and affordable
- large tub lasts forever

CONS:
- I actually have oily skin, but I need something super hydrating in the winters when I start flaking like nobody's business.
- This simply was not good enough to keep my skin hydrated in dry winters - has no effect on the flakes. If I use it in any other season, it'll just make me too oily because this cream contains mineral oil.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Unless you have flaking crocodile skin , don't get this . This moisturizer is so god damn oily !!!!! Why ????? I litterly feel as if I'm putting oil on my skin , that's the ingredient , oil !!!! It's so bad it makes my face really shiny as soon as I put it on even when I put a lil , and it feels so heavy on my skin ?! Even tho it says it won't clog pores I couldn't help but feel like it was giving me break outs . At the end of the day I look like I have oil on my face , everytime I out this on I litterly cringe . I get so irked !!!!! Thank god I bought a new moisturizer !!!! If you have super dry cracked skin to the point where ur skin is peeling , try this . I recommend this at night tho. Because during the day it just sits on ur face!!!!

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

Moisturizes skin without being greasy, doesn't break me out (I have oily, acne prone, sensitive skin), it's lightweight and the skin absorbs it really fast. It also has not made my skin burn after applying, which is awesome! I really love this brand, the makeup removing cold cream being my all time favorite Pond's product (the container with the lime green lid). For the quantity, you get a ton of product for what you pay for, so this is hella cheap! A great pro if you ask me!
Now, for the cons, I have no problems with dry skin, and this provides me just a right amount of moisture, I just use this before makeup or after washing my face if I feel it's a little dry and it works. So I feel if you have some REALLY, super dry elephant skin type this won't work for you. I know women with mega dry scaly skin and this doesn't even begin to help with their dry skin problems. Also, the container could be a little more hygienic! A bottle with a pump is so much more clean for application than a pot in which you sink your fingers into every time!

on 1/8/2014 4:15:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

First of all, let me make it clear that I do have oily skin, so I can't really tell a difference with this products in terms of hydration because my skin never ever gets dry. I'm currently staying at a relative's house, and I ran out of my Nature Republic Soft Green Tea Cream, so I had to use this instead.

If you have oily skin like me, you really have to be careful with the amount of cream you put on. When I first used this, I put a decent amount on, and I woke up the next morning with extremely oily skin. I lightly tap a finger onto the surface of the cream and distribute that to a single area on my face; that's how little I have to use to prevent excessive sebum. I hate the smell of this cream especially though. It smells like a grandma, if you know what I mean.

The cream does the job, but obviously it is meant for dry skin, so that is why I desperately want my usual moisturizer back.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

My skin is oily, but still use this:

At night on my neck and chest because I can't find a cream that I like.

On my face after getting out of the pool because the chlorine dries me out.

Before skiing to protect my face from the cold.

On my face and body after going out on the boat or being on the beach and in the ocean. My skin gets tight from the wind, salt water, sun exposure, and sunscreen.

One my knees, feet, and elbows when they feel extra dry.

On my face at night after partying just a little too hard. I remove my makeup with the original cold cream, wipe with a hot towel, and rub some of this into my face before putting on my eye mask and hitting the sack.

The smell is inoffensive and it sinks in very quickly with no oily residue. I don't use it around my eyes because I wear contacts and I'm scared of anything near them.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I was looking for a drugstore moisturizer, and I came across the Pond's Dry Skin Cream. I thought it would be good, but it ended up being really greasy on my face. I already have oily skin, and this just made it worse. As a moisturizer, I think it's ok, but if there was a way to stop the greasiness, then that would be great.

on 12/2/2012 1:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I generally just use this at night. (The few times I used it in the morning, it was greasy and I could feel it on my face even hours later.) It's light, albeit oily. It hasn't exactly done wonders for me and I don't feel that this is an exceptional moisturizer.
I bought this a year ago and I still have more than half left, so that's convenient. (Though I won't be buying this again.)

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

It smells great, but it's SO GREASY.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Because of this product, I will look 30 when I'm 45. Thank you, Ponds.