Ponds Dry Skin Cream

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Ponds Dry Skin Cream
Dry Skin CreamDry Skin CreamDry Skin Cream

3.7

Water , Mineral Oil , Isopropyl Palmitate , Petrolatum , Glycerin , Stearic Acid , Ceresin , Glyceryl Stearate , Cetyl Alcohol , Sorbitan Oleate , Candelilla Wax , Triethanolamine , Laureth-23 , Fragrance , Carbomer , Disodiium EDTA , DMDM Hydantoin , Methylparaben , Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate

This is a wonderful barrier cream with multiple uses that is easily accessible at a stupidly low price. It acts as a decent budget eye cream if you are in your 20s and don't need anti-aging products yet or simply don't want to blow $50+ on a tiny pot of fancy eye cream from the department store. I've been using this on my eyes for a week and have noticed my undereye area appears a little plumper and well... moisturized. I've also been using this as a sealant cream to lock in my face oils before bedtime and it's been working fine for that purpose as well. It is also a handy spot treatment cream for specified areas that are suffering from dryness and flakiness during the winter months like between the eyebrows and around the mouth/nose. I also use it on elbows, knees etc..

I wouldn't necessarily slather this stuff all over my face on a daily basis because it's a little heavy and I can imagine it would clog pores. All being said it's a cult classic cream that comes in a large jar that costs $5. What's not to like?

Love this stuff! I have combination skin that is maturing (I’m 41) and this cream really keeps my skin hydrated, plump looking and doesn’t break me out at all. I use this in the evening in conjunction with tea tree oil on the areas I tend to break out and haven’t had a better looking complexion. I have spent so much money over the years on skin care, anti-aging, etc. and I’m so happy to find such an effective product that is so inexpensive too. Sometimes it’s better to keep it simple. Also, while some people think it smells like old lady, I think the scent is mild and soothing.

on 10/13/2017 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This moisturizer has definitely helped my face out during the brutal dry winter months. My face absorbs this cream immediately and my skin definitely feels smoother and healthier after several nights use. You can wear this under makeup too as there's no white cast and doesn't mix badly with makeup. Love this so much. Please don't ever discontinue this!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I bought this because I have combination skin. My t-zone is oily, but underneath my cheekbones is dry, and so is my chin sometimes, and as well as under my eyes. I looked up reviews prior to buying this and saw way more positive than negative and so many people swore by it so I thought I'd give it a try.

First of all it is thick and moisturizing. However, it just wasn't doing it for me. It makes my skin look greasy after applying it. It may have also added to my breakouts, but I can't be sure.

I use it on select parts of my face, and as a hand cream until it's gone, but am likely not going to buy it again.

on 11/11/2016 11:20:00 PM

I absolutely love this stuff, i got it about a month ago and despite having the smaller size, 6.5oz, it looks like i've barely used any. That's with using it one my neck as well as my face. While i haven't got many wrinkles yet, there are a few fine lines under my eyes and tiny ones on my forehead, this really has helped soften them sooooo much.

I used this when I was staying at a friend's house. It was the middle of winter and the heating at her house sucked every ounce of moisture out of my skin, hair, body and I had forgotten to pack my moisturizer. She's not a girly girl and only had this as an option so I had to use it. First thing I noticed was the smell. I can't handle the strong smell. Also my skin felt coated and the cream felt super heavy though it did protect me from turning into a mummy. My skin reacts right away by breaking out and though I only used this for one night, it didn't seem to cause any irritation so that's a plus. Would not use this for myself except if I needed a heavy duty skin protectant in the middle of a heavy duty winter.

on 5/28/2016 10:32:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

i have combination skin. My t-zone is oily, while the rest of my face is normal. I used to never use moisturizer because i never really felt the need for it, but my skin started getting dry patches, so i started experimenting. A few people i know swear by a lot of Ponds products, so i bought the moisturizer. It helped a lot with my dry patches given that i no longer have any. Its a thick moisturizer, which i would usually stay away from, but i actually like the thickness of it. It does leave me looking a little shiny, so i use it at night. I do notice that if i use it everyday my skin get a bit oilier than normal and i get one or two blemishes, so i try to use it every other day or so.Not crazy about the packaging because i think a pump is always helpful, but im indifferent about it. Honestly, for the price (payed like 4 bucks) i think it's a really good product.

on 2/29/2016 9:02:00 PM

I love this cream it's my favorite night cream everyone in my family uses it we all look young

on 2/20/2016 9:49:00 PM

I've basically given up on all other products in favour of using a simple and effective routine of Pond's Cold Cream Cleanser Moisturizing Deep Cleanser, and this - their Dry Skin Cream.

At the time I turned to these products my face was a flipping mess. I was using a retinol-based line and a bunch of other products here and there that I liked. I didn't really connect that I was probably having a retinol issue (omg why anyone would put themselves through that!) At one point my face just got so hard and dry and rough and congested I was turning to more and more ways to keep it clean and exfoliated and that just made things worse and acne was starting to threaten, which I've never had before. This was insane.

I just wanted something super moisturizing and hopefully inexpensive that actually worked instead of trying another line, and another expensive cream that did butkus. MUA'ers loved the Dry Skin Cream so I thought I'd try it along with the cleanser. They had them on sale, and bundled in a 2-for. So affordable!

As soon as I used them - ahhhhhh. My skin felt soft and smooth and protected and strong and plump and happy. Immediately.

This was months ago and I've not looked back. This simple product with its simple ingredients has just been what my skin wanted - to be left alone with minimal interference to balance itself out. I'm so happy!

I use it day and night. Sometime in the evening I'll layer with a facial treatment oil, and use SPF over it for the day.

The name of this product says it all-- it is a dry skin cream, period. I've seen many negative reviews here and on other sites, mostly written by people who said it was too greasy or heavy. If you have oily skin, skip this product! But if you need some serious moisture for a good price, look no further. Normally my skin is combo/oily, however I use a prescription retinoid and currently live in a very cold, dry climate. Both of those factors mean that my skin is suffering right now, and I swear to you, after two uses of this my flakes are completely gone. I've never had a product work that fast on my dry skin. I'm seriously impressed. I wouldn't use it for daytime, and it would be too heavy for summer, but for the winter it's awesome. I also kinda like the whole "grandma cream" aspect of it...I feel like a lady from Mad Men when I use it. Lol. And you can't beat the price!