Ponds Dry Skin Cream

Filtered by age: 44-55
Ponds Dry Skin Cream
Dry Skin CreamDry Skin CreamDry Skin Cream

4.5

Water , Mineral Oil , Isopropyl Palmitate , Petrolatum , Glycerin , Stearic Acid , Ceresin , Glyceryl Stearate , Cetyl Alcohol , Sorbitan Oleate , Candelilla Wax , Triethanolamine , Laureth-23 , Fragrance , Carbomer , Disodiium EDTA , DMDM Hydantoin , Methylparaben , Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate

on 11/17/2017 1:32:00 PM

what a suprize! i never even considered to buy this because i thought it was too "cheap". welll it is inexpensive but the results it gives are great. its totally smoothed out my fine lines and wrinkles. now i dont have a ton but they were showing up, to my dismay, but this works!
it has a fragrance does fade after a bit wish they had fragrwnce free but oh well takes a little bit too absorb but once it does.... great results plus so cheap youll actually put some on your neck.... now when's the last time you actually did that?! not sure for people with acne or anything but if your skin is dry or "nornal" its great.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Other than heavy-duty samples of EL overnight eye cream, nothing has made my skin feel as moisturized as Ponds. Since I can't afford EL, I tried every over-the-counter moisturizer I could get. All of them left my face feeling tight and uncomfortable.

I've finally settled on using Ponds cucumber cleanser (love the scent!), rinsing away with a warm washcloth and then putting a small dollop of Ponds Dry Skin Cream over my still-damp skin. If feels wonderful. I can't say much about the scent of this one, though. It's the same as when my mom used it decades ago and strikes me as the dreaded "old-ladyish." If there were an unscented version or updated scent, I'd buy it, but as it is, I'm still a happy camper with some thick, luxurious cold cream moisturizing my face!

I'll definitely be buying this every winter.

on 2/22/2015 10:49:00 AM

I've only been using this for about two weeks, but I really like it. My skin has been really dry this winter and after using this moisturizer, the dryness has disappeared. I definitely think I will purchase it again. There is a lot in the container, so it will probably last a while before I have to buy more.

on 2/21/2015 3:08:00 PM

My face was peeling from an allergic reaction to a more expensive cream. After the hydrocortisone from my doctor, I turned to this mild, no-fuss cream to fix my skin. I slathered it on 3 to 5 times a day. After 5 weeks of redness and peeling from the allergy, my skin is almost normal. I'm going to stick to this cheaper stuff.

The niacinamide, retinol, AHA, etc might sound exciting, and we are always drawn to the new stuff, but I would prefer bland and dependable to hives, redness and peeling. I have found some of the more expensive creams (Vichy, Lancome, etc) gave me little white bumps under my skin. I never experienced this with the Pond's. Tried and true.

This is a classic for a reason. You need very little to moisturise your face. It's non-comedogenic, inexpensive, pretty much can buy it anywhere, including supermarkets. You can use it all over your body and works amazingly on heels and super dry spots.

At first I didn't like this cream and I convinced myself that it would cause a reaction on my face. It did not. I used it one night because I ran out of my usual night cream and was pleasantly surprised to wake to clean, vibrant, glowing skin.

I am older and now I have issues with dryness, especially in winter and I'm a Canadian (enough said - Lol).

You need very little and it spreads easily. A little goes a long way. Very inexpensive - I think I paid $4.99 (on sale) at Walmart.

It does have a strong flowery (rose/powdery) scent. I like it as it reminds me of my mother-in-law (ex but love her). She has used this product for years and her skin is exceptionally smooth and clearly doesn't look her 74 years of age. Gorgeous lady.

I flip between this and Nivea Cream but I find the Original Nivea Crème is amazing but I have a hard time spreading it on my skin. This cream goes on like butter! Try it and see - sometimes expensive products are not better than the tried and true economical favourites of the past.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Smells good and moisturizes my dry skin. Cost runs around six to seven dollars for a 6.5 oz jar. How can you beat the price for a good moisturizer?

I don't mind using jars. I always wash my hands well before removing and applying makeup. The only complaint I have with this jar is the opening could be larger. When I am near the bottom of the jar, have to angle my fingers in an odd way to reach the moisturizer. Solved the problem by using an inexpensive spatula to reach the moisturizer.

on 8/21/2014 9:14:00 AM

I had began using Cold Plasma Sub d and I noticed it have me extreme dry skin around base of the neck. It was like a circular patch of leather. I almost cried it was horrific looking and felt really disgusting. I tried expensive creams to try to soothe it and nothing. In desperation I tried this. Within 3 days the leathery patch was gone an skin was supple. This cream was a lifesaver and inexpensive

Just started using this, as my grandmother swore by it and she had great skin all her life. Its about $5 or $6 here at my local CVS (who, by the way, makes an imitation product that has the EXACT same ingredients, and also works well). I love the easy-to-use jar it comes in, but also don't, because it might not be the most hygienic way to ship it and then it sits in the store - what's to stop someone from sticking a finger in? Anyway. the reviews that say this product is super thick and heavy are correct- however, I have several dry patches of skin by my nose and eyebrows, and this stuff cleared them up in a snap. I've been putting it on at night before bed and those dry patchy areas are silky smooth when I wake up. I've also used it under foundation with great success. it has a pleasant, baby powder type smell that I like, though that may be because I'm associating it with my grandmother and have fond memories. On the whole, this is a low-priced, heavy duty face cream that will give you that deep moisturizing you may be looking for. I recommend it.

on 2/3/2014 12:26:00 PM

I have been a Ponds girl for so long I can't remember when I first started using it. Ponds moisturizer is my HG of facial care products. Nothing moisturizes as well for me. I have even tried other skin care regimes' moisturizers and had to "top up" with Ponds as my skin didn't feel properly moisturized. I know it is not a fancy cream with a big price tag but I have not found anything quite as good. It's gentle, rich, scentless and inexpensive. What more could anyone want?

on 1/23/2014 12:23:00 PM

My mother used this product all her life and has lovely skin. I use it along with ponds cold creme every night and it leaves my skin clean and soft. I put the cream on all my face and neck at night and morning before I put my makeup on. Wait a little bit, then apply your makeup. Feel the difference. You will never buy anything else.