Pond's Dry Skin Cream

Filtered by age: 30-35
Pond's Dry Skin Cream
Dry Skin CreamDry Skin CreamDry Skin Cream

Water , Mineral Oil , Isopropyl Palmitate , Petrolatum , Glycerin , Stearic Acid , Ceresin , Glyceryl Stearate , Cetyl Alcohol , Sorbitan Oleate , Candelilla Wax , Triethanolamine , Laureth-23 , Fragrance , Carbomer , Disodiium EDTA , DMDM Hydantoin , Methylparaben , Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is great for stubborn dry patches, and doubles as an excellent eye cream. I use this at night, and it helps keeps my combo oily/dry skin more balanced. I find this a little too emollient for daytime use, even when applied lightly. The skin around my eyes is quite dry, year round, and I love slathering this on to keep that area hydrated. Smells very nice, kind of a baby soft scent. Most stores carry their own dupes, at a lower cost. At the moment I am using Dollar General's version, which has an identical ingredient list. Would repurchase!

on 7/27/2018 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I work with elderly people. I have run across a few residents on their 80s and 90s that have the prettiest of skin. Each one I asked showed me this product in their rooms. They told me they have been using it since they were kids and it’s the “secret weapon” to beautiful skin for life. I have been using this for many of years now. I get compliments often about my skin and how beautiful and smooth it looks. I truly know that it’s this moisturizer! Also, my boyfriend has flakey skin on his face. I asked him to give this lotion a try. When he uses it religiously, his skin does not flake. When he stops using it, it flakes. I SWEAR by this stuff!!! Most people pass it up because the packaging is not the prettiest. BUT!! It’s what is inside that truly counts!

on 2/6/2018 2:32:00 AM

I’ve been trying so many different dry skin moisturizers for years now but have always, always had this one at the same time. It’s definitely a holy grail product for me. I have INSANELY dry skin that flakes and gets severe dry spots especially during the winter. I’ve tried everything out there from expensive moisturizers to the cheapest ones. This one is just SO good!! I always go back to it no matter what. It doesn’t clog my pores, it’s not too thick, and my makeup goes on amazing whenever I use this underneath. I put this on my face and neck tonight after I tried everything to get the moisture back into my skin. I looked in the mirror a few hours after and I’m so glowy and fresh looking instead of the dull dry appearance from other products I’ve been using a lot instead of this. So I’m going to pick up another one this week just to have a backup. I love it! I can’t say enough good things about it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

For what this is, it's excellent. A nice, occlusive cream.

About two weeks ago I was at CVS and saw a little tub of this and remembered how I read pin ups used to use it and said, why not? And promptly placed it in my basket.

My skin is very picky and very break out prone so I wouldn't be able to use this as a face moisturizer, so I only use this on my neck and chest. After cleansing at night, I put moisturizer on with antioxidants or actives and then I follow up with this on top. So nice! My skin feels and looks so moisturized.

I remember sniffing this years ago at my friend's house and it had a really, really strong scent but my new jar doesn't smell that strong but it does smell really nice. For sanitary reasons, I always scoop out a little with a qtip, not a big deal at all. I will be repurchasing this.

Edit: 1/23/18 My mom has had problems this winter with her skin, her face was so chapped and dry, poor thing. She was using all kinds of creams and nothing really helped. I suggested she try this and it's actually helped her so much! She loves this cream, no more chapped and dry face.

I used this when I was staying at a friend's house. It was the middle of winter and the heating at her house sucked every ounce of moisture out of my skin, hair, body and I had forgotten to pack my moisturizer. She's not a girly girl and only had this as an option so I had to use it. First thing I noticed was the smell. I can't handle the strong smell. Also my skin felt coated and the cream felt super heavy though it did protect me from turning into a mummy. My skin reacts right away by breaking out and though I only used this for one night, it didn't seem to cause any irritation so that's a plus. Would not use this for myself except if I needed a heavy duty skin protectant in the middle of a heavy duty winter.

I've been using the Pond's dry skin cream ever since college, to moisturize and to set powder since I prefer that to a tinted foundation (it's much easier to use a cream and then loose powder than to attempt to evenly apply a foundation if you are visually impaired, as I am). I've loved this product for ages, and it's always worked well for me. However, I discovered about two to three years ago that Pond's must have changed their formula. This cream used to be thinner and much more hydrating, a "vanishing cream" that sunk into one's skin quickly and wasn't greasy. Now, their revised formula is much thicker and doesn't vanish into your skin. The fragrance is still quite similar, but I find the new formula just isn't as good as the older stuff. I'd put some in a small jar to travel to a friend's wedding, and now I'm jealously hoarding it against the day I can't find anything. I've found the Bio-Hydrante formula to be as close as I can get to the old dry skin cream, but I don't like the fragrance of it nearly as much.

on 2/21/2015 1:28:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This moisturizer is the best! I generally have dry skin year round, and this brutal winter in the northeast has made it worse...it seeps right in and leaves skin smooth and luminous..the price is an added bonus too! I would love it even more if it wasn't in a jar, but the moisturizer works so well for me, I will continue to buy it regardless.

on 1/20/2015 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

After using Dr. Hauschka for years (and still loving it!) I noticed that my skin started to become very dry and flaky during winter months so I had to try some richer moisturizer. I used Ponds before (Cold Cream) and I pretty much liked it, also it is not expensive product (compare Ponds $6 and Dr. Hauschka $42).
After using it for first time, I dislike the scent - it's really strong and overpowering, hate it.
But I like the consistency and moisturizing level. Leaves my skin really hydrated and soft. All the flakiness was gone just in one day. I think it is a great moisturizer for very dry skin and cold, windy winter months. I love to use it during night but it is too rich to use during day.

on 12/23/2014 11:00:00 AM

LOVE this stuff. Perfect for the winter months (I'm in Chicago where the winters are brutal, especially since i have about a 2 mile walk outside everyday to get to work from my train) I use this for my night time skin regime. The scent doesn't bug me too much, and the scent fades away fairly quickly. The jar is a bit bulky and ugly but my hands are always freshly washed before i dap my finger tip in it. A little goes a long way.

For reference, before i use this product i also use L'Oreal's Age Perfect Glow Renewal face oil(i'm 30 years old). Even with the two products together, my face never feels greasy/oily and it feels so soft and looks amazing in the morning. seriously i dont even have to wear makeup on my "lazy days" and i still get a bunch of compliments on how glowy my face looks.

on 12/2/2014 4:04:00 PM

I was in the market for a more heavy duty cream to tackle the sporadic dryness I experience to my eyes, cheeks, and skin around the corners of my mouth. I was really undecided, trying to justify $15 for a drugstore cream when I saw Pond's Dry Skin cream at a fraction of the price. I've been using it daily and I have been really pleased. As I get older I have developed some skin sensitivity issues, and I thought for sure I would be banished to using only scent free products. Thankfully, this scented cream hasn't been a problem at all. You can apply it with a heavy hand, but a little dab will do ya just fine. This pot is going to last a very, very long time. Excellent value for the money. The only reason I'm taking away a Lippie is die to the lack of any SPF. Yes, I wear it at night, but I love it so much I've been using it (lightly) as my daytime moisturizer, too.