Ponds Dry Skin Cream

Filtered by age: 19-24
Ponds Dry Skin Cream
Dry Skin CreamDry Skin CreamDry Skin Cream

3.6

Water , Mineral Oil , Isopropyl Palmitate , Petrolatum , Glycerin , Stearic Acid , Ceresin , Glyceryl Stearate , Cetyl Alcohol , Sorbitan Oleate , Candelilla Wax , Triethanolamine , Laureth-23 , Fragrance , Carbomer , Disodiium EDTA , DMDM Hydantoin , Methylparaben , Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate

listen ....... i’m the kind of person who has truly tried everything. i struggle with so many skin issues that there’s never just one product that helps. i was about to purchase a $30 moisturizer i got a sample for and decided to try, but the same day i went to my local drug store first and for some reason decided to pick up a $5 jar of ponds dry skin cream. i’ve never used it before and generally stray away from cheap products since my skin is sensitive and cheap products usually irritate the eczema on and around my eyes and makes me break out even more, but i tried this stuff anyways. the first day i used it, i literally wished i could just keep putting more and more on because it feels so GOOD! it’s not greasy or heavy or really much of anything, it’s a very light creamy texture that just feels soothing on your skin. it felt sensitive enough to even use around my eyes, and it didn’t even sting like almost every other moisturizer does! so first night and i’m already amazed. within days my eczema was almost completely cleared up, my skin felt balanced, and for the first time in a long time, my skin felt NORMAL. i love this stuff so much, i will never use another moisturizer again. it’s perfect.

This is a wonderful barrier cream with multiple uses that is easily accessible at a stupidly low price. It acts as a decent budget eye cream if you are in your 20s and don't need anti-aging products yet or simply don't want to blow $50+ on a tiny pot of fancy eye cream from the department store. I've been using this on my eyes for a week and have noticed my undereye area appears a little plumper and well... moisturized. I've also been using this as a sealant cream to lock in my face oils before bedtime and it's been working fine for that purpose as well. It is also a handy spot treatment cream for specified areas that are suffering from dryness and flakiness during the winter months like between the eyebrows and around the mouth/nose. I also use it on elbows, knees etc..

I wouldn't necessarily slather this stuff all over my face on a daily basis because it's a little heavy and I can imagine it would clog pores. All being said it's a cult classic cream that comes in a large jar that costs $5. What's not to like?

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I don't leave this on as a facial moisturizer, I only use it as a makeup remover. It works very well. I've tried it as a moisturizer but it was just too heavy. It made me break out. I like using it to keep all my tattoos moisturized though. I wouldn't recommend it for a new tattoo during the healing process, but when used on old and healed up tattoos, it keeps them looking vivid.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I picked this up while on the hunt for their cold cream cleanser and I actually totally fell in love. I have dry, sensitive skin that is acne prone and my skin care regimen is really complicated to keep my skin happy. This definitely doesn't upset my skin and it moisturizes and hydrates so well i don't need to put oil over it. My other (HG) moisturizer is cosmetic lad from LUSH (25$) which is better for the skin and helps calm down any acne and texture, but this is what I use when my skin is looking pretty good, so i'm not going through the LUSH one so fast. Overall, I highly recommend if you have dry/sensitive skin and it's only 6$ at Walmart.

Update: I like it, but I think it clogs my pores and breaks me out due to the mineral oil content which is rather disappointing. I will continue using it on my body and hands, however.

This product is great! Definitely would only recommend as a night cream though, your poor skin would probably crisp if you wore this in the sun. This stuff is great! I have dry, sensitive, acne prone skin and this hydrates my skin and makes it feel sooo smooth while applying and in the morning. It's a rich, inexpensive cream and AMAZING if you have sensitive skin. This did not break me out and it's hypoallergenic. Definitely a HG of drug-store creams. It's not anti-wrinkle or anything, but I'm 19 and don't really care about that just yet! It makes my skin plump and beautiful. So cheap, smells powdery, and the packaging is actually adorable and long-lasting!

Update: This product moisturizes well, but it contains mineral oil, which is really not goo

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I bought this because I have combination skin. My t-zone is oily, but underneath my cheekbones is dry, and so is my chin sometimes, and as well as under my eyes. I looked up reviews prior to buying this and saw way more positive than negative and so many people swore by it so I thought I'd give it a try.

First of all it is thick and moisturizing. However, it just wasn't doing it for me. It makes my skin look greasy after applying it. It may have also added to my breakouts, but I can't be sure.

I use it on select parts of my face, and as a hand cream until it's gone, but am likely not going to buy it again.

on 12/30/2016 2:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

To preface, I have incredibly dry skin and live in a cold climate. I love La Mer regardless of what Beautypedia says, because it is the only product that I can use that prevents my winter skin from literally peeling. Ponds is a good back up solution at a remarkably good price. The jar lasts a long time, is very moisturizing (though not a miracle worker), and I often layer it on when my skin is very dry, and use it as a moisturizing mask before rubbing in. As previously stated, my skin is very dry, so I often layer my Ponds cream with Marula oil, which I find to be satisfactory. Of course there is no SPF, but I guess you can't have it all. In the interest of saving myself hundreds of dollars on La Mer, I will alternate both creams until I am out, and will undoubtedly repurchase the inexpensive and practical Ponds.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

First and foremost, this moisturizer is AMAZEBALLS! I live in El Salvador (Central America), it's hot and humid year-round and I have really oily and acne-prone skin. I think you got the picture. This helps my skin stay moisturized and with a healthy glow. I find that it's a bit heavy but you can let it sink for about 5 minutes, then blot the excess and VOILA! Good to go. I use it at nighttime and during the day and it doesn't break me out at all, it's pure heaven and for the price... you can't beat that EVER.

on 9/12/2016 9:55:00 PM

Great product for the money. Super moisturizing, a product that I always go back to. It has really helped my dry, acne prone skin. Just keep in mind that it is a heavy moisturizer and does not absorb quickly.

I used it ONCE, and I had 2 cysts the next morning. I spread it out relatively thinly, and it felt great (a bit greasy, but it made my skin SOOOO soft), but the very next morning I had a huge cyst on my forehead, and one on my cheek. Returned ASAP and switched to the Mario Badescu Seaweed Night Cream, and that's working much better for my ultra-sensitive skin.