MAC Cosmetics Lipglass in clear

MAC Cosmetics Lipglass in clear
Lipglass in clear

3.8

hydrogenated polyisobutene, simmondsia chinesis (jojoba) seed oil, octyldodecanol, copernica cerifera (carnauba) wax, tocopheryl acetate, silica, disteardimonium hectorite, propylene carbonate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, calcium sodium borosilicate, alumina, tin oxide, vanillin, phenoxyethanol

on 12/14/2018 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Was disappointed in this. A few months ago, I’d stopped wearing Revlon’s Colorstay Overtime, which I’d loved for years and years, until they made my beloved Eternally Tan quite sheer. Trying to find another very long-wearing lipstick has been a challenge. Aside from color issues, most are matte and rather drying. Recently made a match with Maybelline’s Matte Ink, using two shades together. Lasts amazingly well, but needed just a bit of moisture and shine, and most balms and glosses don’t play nice with long-wear lipsticks, pretty much dissolving them. Well, Lipglass doesn’t do that. But applying from the tube doesn’t work well for a light, even coat, and I'm not thrilled about using my finger. Aside from that, however, it does feel tacky, doesn’t last as long as I’d expect (though maybe I lick it because it feels so heavy), and it really doesn’t seem moisturizing. Glad I can return it—NYX Lingerie Clear addresses all those issues for me at about a third of the price.

on 11/17/2018 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

When I graduated from high school, my dad's girlfriend did my makeup. She used Clear Lipglass on my lips, and it lasted, quite literally, all day. Not only through the ceremony, but through my graduation party and dinner afterwards.

That was 17 years ago (oof), and this stuff just keeps getting better in comparison to what little else is available. Clear glosses, sticky glosses, and glosses in squeeze tubes barely exist - go to the grocery or drugstore down the block, and you'll do well to find a product that fits 1/3 of those criteria. As such, I keep buying MAC Clear Lipglass. I can use a little for a subdued shine, or a lip brush load for a full on reflective glassy shine; either way, a tube lasts forever. It seals and enhances traditional lipstick, moistens and improves the appearance of liquid lipstick, lights up glitter and metallic lips, and keeps lip balm from evaporating. It does double duty as eye gloss. It never melts onto my chin. There's no doe foot or brush tip to contaminate with lip color; no dipping back in to get the right amount. Now that MAC is everywhere mid-to-high-end, including Ulta, there's no fuss involved in restocking.

I'm quite sure this is the only clear lip gloss I'll ever need. If you're looking for a clear lip gloss, just go for it! You can drop ~$18 on MAC goodness now, or spend the same amount trying out and discarding crappy ones from other brands first. Yes, it's a transcendental level of sticky, but that's what gives it its extreme lasting power.

on 5/8/2018 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Really makes your lips look like glass , perfect for that juicy red lip , need to use very little or else it can be tacky.

on 5/1/2018 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I love, this product. I mix it with pigments and apply to lips with a brush. It ends up staying on a very long time unless I eat.

on 12/24/2016 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I like to wear this lip gloss on bare lips. It gives a high gloss shine without feeling greasy or too sticky. I also find it very moisturizing. A definite winner.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I have no idea what crazy fairy whispered in my ear that I should throw this on top of the already expensive pile of makeup on the counter of MAC store! I could have saved my money and gotten exactly equivalent product in a nice Barbie-, Frozen- or Hello Kitty-decorated tube in any supermarket. It's super sticky and feels like I'm fourteen again.

But now I'm stuck with it and unfortunately this embarrassingly stupid purchase will probably stay in my makeup case until retirement age - I really need only to pat a fraction of a drop in the middle of my lower lip to add that nice bit of shine on any lipstick. I whish that drop didn't feel like glue, thou.

Maybe I'll be able to donate it to my daughter when she turns fourteen, in eight years time. It will hardly be touched.

On my 2nd tube! This gives new life to lipsticks like an alter ego! Very sticky & very moisturizing. I've tried a few other clear glosses & nothing compares. The closest I've come is wnw glassy gloss but not even barely worth mentioning. Just don't say you want a "see through Lipglass" or they will send C-thru Lipglass which is definitely not clear fwiw this happened to me lol my operator as ESL I think but I enjoy that one too (milky nude beige), kinda humorous when I reflect back on it lol story I'll tell the g/kids LOL

on 5/15/2014 8:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

As a gloss on its own this product is wayyy too sticky and thick however, if you put a little on top of a matte lipstick or even a cream based lipstick it gives it an extra boost. If you're a girl that likes nicely glossed lips then you'll love this but it is VERY sticky and a little goes a long way. I like that with the tube you can just apply it directly to your lips but just remember to wipe the tip off once done or else you'll be mixing last nights colour with tonights lip colour. Since it is thick i like to only put a dab on my top and bottom lip, press my lips together and smooth it out then gently press my lips on a piece of tissue and I'm set for the night.

Although a little goes a long way, I paid a little more for this than my lipstick which I wasn't too pleased with but nevertheless this product does what it's supposed and a little goes a very long way!

on 5/8/2014 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Sticky and long-lasting, I've been a fan of MAC lipglasses since teenager. This recently bought this for the second time. I apply it over my lipsticks directly from the tube and tab it with my fingers. I like the gloss doesn't get dirty because there is no wand.

The only downside is you sometimes have to wipe off the tip of the tube because it gets sticky. This packaging is however better than the very old one which leaked.

on 2/23/2013 6:22:00 AM

This is still the best clear lip gloss ever. Yes, it`s sticky but it lasts. You need very little.. just at the center of the lips and you`re good to go. It also photographs very well... Best shine...I`ve been using this for more than 10 years now and nothing compares. It gives my lips this wet look which is so sexy!