Redken Extreme Deep Fuel [DISCONTINUED]

Redken Extreme Deep Fuel [DISCONTINUED]

4.2

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

oh. my. god. INSTANT holy grail product! Let me just start off by saying my hair has been through hell and back. I recently went from a jet black to a pale blonde so that I could dye my hair blue. That took 6 bleachings, 2 toners, and I managed to do it all in a week (which is incredibly stupid, and I do not recommend you do this). Needless to say, my hair was breaking off like crazy. I was TERRIFIED to even comb it. It also took HOURS to dry. After I got my haircut, I thought my hair was fine, so I started heat styling. I began to get breakage all over again. I bought this stuff the other day, and I have never been more impressed with a protein treatment. This beats Joico's deep penetrating reconstructor OUT OF THE WATER. My hair no longer takes forever to dry. It feels so much stronger. What I do is put in about half of one of the tubes, leave it in for 15-20 minutes, rinse, condition for about 10 minutes, rinse, and put in my keratin mist and moroccan oil. My hair is finally silky again. Thank you, Redken. definite repurchase.

on 4/17/2011 5:13:00 PM

I've finished the box with all 5 tubes and didn't really notice any difference. I still have new split ends even after a haircut to get rid of the old ones. Didn't work for me at all.

on 2/6/2011 5:09:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

people need to understand this is not a conditioning treatment it's a treatment to stop your hair snaping off...........im on to my 2nd tube and my hair is so much stronger but it is kinda drying so be sure to use a conditioning treatment after and your love it :)

PROS: Works fabulously on my very porous and horribly damaged hair. Restores strength, and just makes it feel like hair!! ;-)

CONS: Don't like that it's in tubes because I don't want to use a whole tube at once and then it's easier to waste the rest, etc. But it works so well, I still had to give it a 4. Kinda smells bad (but again, my hair feels like hair, so, oh well.)

****THIS IS A PROTEIN TREATMENT FOR HAIR THAT IS POROUS AND QUITE DAMAGED OR BREAKING. I still need to use lots of leave-in conditioner after I use this because this is not a moisturizer. I need to use this once a week at the most or my hair will get even more crunchy and dried-out feeling.*****

[[[ For everyday conditioning, I use Garnier 3-Minute Undo Dryness Reversal with olive oil. For deep conditioning, I use Profectiv's MegaGrowth deep conditioner (in the African-American hair section.) ]]]

CHEAPER ALTERNATES: Either Nature's Therapy "Mega Strength" Hair Treatment by L'Oreal (more moisturizing than this Deep Fuel.) & "Ion Repair Solutions Hair Reconstructor." Both of these alternates can be found at Sally's Beauty Supply. ]]]

on 1/27/2010 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

These come in a box of 5 tubes, each tube is 2 treatments for me. My hair is noticeably stronger after each use. I alternate this with redken CAT and my hair is loving it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is my protein pack. I've tried Joico K-Pac, Aveda Damage Remedy, and Nexxus Emergencee, and I think this is the better of the 3. You get 5 small tubes, similar to an Alberto VO5 hot oil treatment, for around $20. I use this after I get my hair highlighted/low-lighted. Shampoo, then rinse. Apply to towel dried hair. Leave on for about 20 mins. (I put on a plastic shower cap, and then put my Twisty Towel over that), then rinse, and then condition. It leaves my hair in excellent condition. I use this treatment on the 3rd day after getting my color, and then I use the Extreme shampoo and conditioner for an entire week after. I HAVE to wash my air everyday. The only time I don't, is the 3 days following getting my color. It's so hot here in Phoenix during the summer, that it's become an OCD thing all year round, so the Deep Fuel treatment, after getting my color, seals the color, and then I use it once a week, every week, thereafter. It really does leave my hair soft, and in beautiful condition. I will continue to repurchase this until something more magical comes to the market.

on 11/12/2009 1:17:00 PM

I have long hair that is bleached and theis product has saved my hair! It is pricey, but worth it.

on 10/2/2009 12:16:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This product is amazing ...i bought it based on the reviews on MUA ...this product has repaired seriously damaged hair... my hair feels soo soft and strong ...ive even noticed my hair growing at a healthier rate! i payed $28aussie bucks ...it seems pricey but it is worth every single penny!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This corrected a very bad salon experience...enough said!
I recommend. As the review below says, if you go a lil overboard on the color and whatnot, this can do a world of good to correct the damage.

on 8/29/2009 7:53:00 PM

This is great stuff! I've used it twice now (I waited 2 weeks between each application) and while my dry, over-processed hair still doesn't look as healthy as I would like, it seriously looks and feels 10 times better than it did before I tried Extreme Fuel. I highly recommend it for girls like me who tend to go a little crazy with hair color, highlights and heat styling. Oh, and as others have posted here I also experienced the best results when I applied the treatment, waited 10 minutes, then rinsed and used regular conditioner as normal. Give Extreme Fuel a try!