Bobbi Brown Eye shadow in Taupe

4.3

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Perfection. Applies smooth as silk and I get basically no fallout in the pan (or so very minimal, not really worth mentioning...?), and no fallout on my cheeks when applying. Great for an allover one-shadow look, or for a crease/transition color (depending on what other shadows you are using, of course). This lasts on me all day, no creasing (even with no primer). And really no fading as the day goes on, also with no primer. I do see where some reviewers feel this is not a true taupe, and for that, I just say YMMV. What is a true taupe anymore..? There are so many taupes out there anymore. Personally, I think this is a true taupe, but perhaps leans a slight brown. Not a grey/taupe. Definitely a warmer taupe than many taupes that are out there any more.

Many years ago, Estee Lauder had an eyeshadow duo and it had a fabulous 'perfect' taupe that was called "Driftwood Brown'. I used that shade and repurchased over and over until it was discontinued. This Bobbi Brown Taupe reminds me a lot of that shade, which I am grateful, because that was my holy grail shadow for years. Nice to put on as a one-shadow look, goes with everything, blends effortlessly into the skin, looks natural, not garish or too dark. Perfection. Color debate aside, this applies like a dream, looks great on the eyes (no creasing and applies very evenly), and wears all day like a champ.

Would repurchase. A great workhorse of a shadow.. "true taupe" or not!! ;)

I purchased this after I fell in love with the shadow stick in the same color. I will use the shadow stick on my lid, and then use the powder over top of that and all the way up to the brow. If you have blue or green eyes, it sets them off beautifully. Gives your eyes that Ooomph factor while still looking rather natural. The price was a bit hard to handle $25.00 for just a single eye shadow, but I'm glad I purchased it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

It's not a taupe, it's a medium warm brown. It's very nice as a crease shade but I wouldn't call it Holy Grail status.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Being NC43 I like my transition shade to be on the cooler side. This is moreof abrown than a taupe but sometimeswhen ive finished all my make up I take a blender brush and just add a small amount to my crease and blend it in really carefully and it just adds that extra something and makes my crease look like its been blended by a pro. Not chalky at all and wouod recommend. Sightly on ghe pricey side though. I think thebalms bahama mama bronzer is a similar (not exact) shade

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This is my favorite eyeshadow. It goes on very smooth and silky. It never creases, even after a long day, nor does it flake or smudge. The shade looks perfect on my porcelain skin. I apply it lighter on my eyelid and a bit heavier in the crease to give it more depth. Depending upon application it can look soft and subtle, or deep and bold making it very versatile. While it is quite pricey, the container lasts me nearly a year. I will definitely be repurchasing.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The Bobbi Brown Taupe eyeshadow is not what I think a taupe should look like. I do not think it should be named Taupe but I love it all the same. I think it is more brown in it then grey. I think Blonde is more grey then Taupe. It really flatters my green eyes and is very blend able. My favorite eyeshadows from Bobbi Brown are Cement, Taupe and Sable. They are not flashy at all but look great on my eyes. I would repurchase all three of these.

Good color for me to use as a brow powder. I use this almost every day and I really like it. It's very pigmented and has lasted me for years, really, I'm embarrased to say. Sometimes I use it as a liner as well.
I have no idea why they call this color "taupe". That's very misleading, since it's more of a warm medium brown.
I will repurchase if I ever run out.

Taupe is my daily shadow applied in the crease and outer lid over the Bone Cream Shadow. Very natural everyday shadow - actually a warm light brown. I'm a BB Warm Ivory with auburn hair.

As mentioned by countless other reviewers, this shade is not taupe; it is a warm, golden brown, which looks horrible on my cool skin. It makes my eyes look dirty and tired, as if bruised. Also, it makes my whole face glow orange-ish. Will definitely not buy again.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Taupe pulls slightly warm and peach on my lt-med Asian skintone, not exactly how I picture taupe. It's pretty for the spring and summer with light cheeks and a peachy-pinky lippie though. I prefer Wheat for a more taupe colored e/s.