Urban Decay Twisted Nail Enamel

Filtered by skin type : Other
No Image

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 6/16/2003 7:27:00 AM

I received this as an extra, so I didn't have to purchase it. It isn't the kind of shade I would normally reach for, but it is quite distinctive and gorgeous. This is kind of a pewter/golden color that looks very glowy. Perfect for toes!

on 3/16/2003 12:03:00 PM

I'm not usually a big one for gold jewelry, makeup and what have you. Lately, though, i've been finding gilded products which I can wear with ease. Twisted is one of these products.

On Urban Decay's site, Twisted is described as, "light gold, gold, gold" but it's a bit more than that. Yes, it's a pale gold but it appears to have a greenish-silver element to it which makes it more neutral. This is an an enamel which is all shimmer. I don't think they used any non-shimmery pigment at all. It looks fantastic in daylight as well as intense indoor lighting.

The design of the bottle is nice; smooth curves in both the lid and the container. the stem holding the brush is a nice length but I find that the brush is a tad too stiff and it applies the colour unevenly. Fortunately, Twisted seems to settle itself decently onto the nail bed so the imbalance created by the brush isn't as noticable. If it weren't for the brush I think I'd give this nail colour 5 lippies.

I'm a PPP at the dark end of that quality due to my high colour. My skin is neutral and errs on the pink side but as I've aged i've become a tad more sallow. This might not work for all PPP's but it works for me.

Later on, as I wear this colour more, I'll find out about its longevity but at this moment I've only had it on 36 hours with no base and I only have a few minor chips on my right index and pinky fingers (I use these fingers a lot so I'm not surprised). continued >>

Popular Polishes