Aveda Laelia

No Image

4.7

The last poster said it all. This is an above average natural pinkish semi shimmer (I call it luster) that's very natural. It takes my pigmented lips down about a half notch and doesen't look ashy or washed out. The texture is a bit dry, however it's not drying to the lips, and it has longer than average wear time. I'm rediscovering Aveda lip products after about 5 years, and based on what I've seen, it appears they are improving their formulas. I like that they have natural ingredients and natural colors....however something needs to be done about the "tube". I understand the recycling thing, but for the price, you should get nicer tube then the gray plastic one they give you now. Otherwise, great product, and dispite the ugly tube, I will be purchasing more lippies from Aveda..

on 7/14/2004 4:44:00 AM

It's a gorgeous shade of natural pink with subtle undertones of plum/mauve and a semi-shimmer finish. The color is somewhat similar to my Nars Cannes multiple, except it shows up better on my lips (a couple shades lighter) and isn't as drying. I have pretty pigmented lips so I find that most light shades of pink just doesn't show up well. This shade gives me a very au natural look (I'm a GGG/MMM, MAC C40), but doesn't wash me out or appear too frosty. The aromatherapy element is cool - it has a pleasant herbal scent. This color looks soo good with glowy, golden-tanned skin and flushed cheeks, hehe. YAY = )

on 3/16/2003 1:29:00 AM

This is the nicest "natural" coloured lipstick I have ever purchased. The colour is a wonderful pink with a little bit of shimmer. Similar to MAC Lovechild, but not as pink. This would match any skin colour. Perfect for the day.