Chanel Glossimer - Pin Up [DISCONTINUED]

Chanel Glossimer - Pin Up  [DISCONTINUED]

4.2

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Love Chanel Glossimers. This is a great nude color. Great color payoff, and not sticky or gummy. Very rich and look great. Must in my makeup bag.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Coarse

I love this gloss for daily use after using theChanel nude lip pencil and the Waikiki lipstick. Great nude lips but wth shimmer and some sparkle. love it for office, home or date night. It's texture gets the seal of approval from my husband, too (this is a compliment; most he wipes right off when we kiss, lol!).

on 10/3/2009 10:36:00 AM

I love all different shades of Glossimers but I really feel this would only work for a blonde under the age of 25. The baby pink pearly frosty look (more frost than any color really) is not becoming to someone my age and coloring. In the tube it seems promising with some peach but I hate how the pink glitter pools at the edges of my lips. Two lippies because I still love glossimers but this is def not a universal color
EDIT: upgraded this to three lippies after I tried not wearing this alone but wearing on top of a nude lipstick (tried Chanel Barbados) and it perked the lipstick right up and looked lovely
I still can't get into the whole gloss over lipstick thing - seems like a lot of work. Am I supposed to reapply both when I want to touch up?

I received this as a gift, and it's okay, but I would not repurchase at 30 bucks a pop. The formula is good, not too sticky, and thick enough to last. The peachy pink color looks surprisingly nice on my NC25 Asian skin, and it's not as frosty as it appears in the tube. (But alone, it's pretty light.) I have pigmented lips, and this is nice over a lipstick.

on 10/3/2009 11:21:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

It is sooo pearly frost it difficult to tell what color it is. I've tried it twice, once by itself and the time to highlight my lower lip over a lip color. And now it just sits in a drawer to be never used again.

on 7/1/2009 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I 've bought this twice (accidentally). First time, I was attempting to get Twinkle but I couldnt remember the name of it and, based on the appearance in the container, I assumed it was what i was looking for.

But when i got home and put it on i saw it had more "white" in it than Twinkle. Very pretty in the container but doesn't look good on my skin color. winter: beige/ summer: tan

The second time, I knew I was looking for Twinkle but was told that it has been discontinued.... Since a lot of time had passed since I mistakenly bought the first Pin Up, I had forgotten the name "pin up" and based on the beautiful color in the container ... I know it was dumb of me, but this time i did try it on in the store. Somehow in the store it looked like it would work but later i realized it wouldn't.

This is a pretty color on. Perfect nude color. It applies nicely and isn't sticky.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Love this, on me it is a perfect ballet shoe pink with gold shimmer. It is just gorgeous. I can wear this on its own and actually prefer it that way, it just gives my lips a little something extra. If I do wear something under it, I usually just fill in my lips with natural l/l. It does look good over other baby pink lippies just to add a boost of color, but is just as nice all alone. Will rebuy if I can find it.

on 10/23/2008 1:41:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Urgh! I adore this lipgloss, especially the color. Originally I had this in a travel size. I fell in love with it. I wore it every day. We moved to London and even though they sell Chanel there was no pin up. It was the only color i wanted, the only lipgloss you'll ever find me wearing, and they didnt sell it. However, we've moved back to the States now, and I have the chance to spend $26 on this. It's so worth it. It lasts long, on your lips and in the tube (heck i worse this almost everyday and i had the tiniest bottle of it!) Not too sticky, glides on very well, and is moisturizing. The only downside is the price, but i still gave it 5 lippies for having such wonderful shades to choose from. Thank you Chanel!

on 1/16/2009 9:42:00 PM

This color is great - a delicate light peach - and it's versatile as well. You can use it as a top coat, and it is beautiful all by itself with nothing else on. I have worn it with nothing but a little foundation/concealer and black mascara and it looks gorgeous. Highly recommend.