Avon Split Second Blush Stick

Avon Split Second Blush Stick

on 11/28/2009 1:51:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Fine

This for the Tropical Peach. Great color for me and I love sticks cause you're not dipping your fingers in the blush. However I had to remove lippies for the quality of the product. This mashes when I try to put it on. Very disappointing. Not worth the effort so I threw it in the trash. The price used to be affordable, but it never seems to go on sale for less than $5 anymore. I will not buy it again. I gave it two lippies for the fact that it IS a stick.

I didn't really like the colour I purchased but I liked the way it applied and stayed on.

Very easy to apply, sheer wash of color, great for dry sensitive skin. The colors are very universal, and the color lasts awhile if you do not sweat alot. In hot weather it does not last as long, but at the low price, it is no problem to reapply. Comes in a swivel stick container much like lipstick tube. Feels very slick and like silky powder moreso than wet when first applying. Dries down to feel virtuously invisible. I have heard that it is a longwearing blush, and it usually does well for me unless i find myself doing something involving high humidity in which case it wears off fairly quickly. Then again, what blush doesn't? I am fair skinned blonde with very blue/pink based skin, usually using a cool toned beige or ivory foundation and I find that none of the warm toned shades work on me, however Moon Roses works pretty well when I wear peachy colors, or bright colors. Romance is a cool toned neutral shade that leans toward an earthy shade .. great for natural or invisible looking make-up. Is about the only earthy shade I have found I can wear. I usually use Barely Rose, a very true medium rose color that goes on a sheer rose. I have never tried the warm toned shades.

Split Second Blush Stick is Avon's cream blush in a swivel-up stick. The tube is as tall as a NARS Multiple, but thinner. It's a pretty, shimmery navy blue tube with a silver accents. The product itself is very creamy (NARS Multiples are very dry in comparison) and blends very easily on my skin (normal skin on cheeks) even with no moisturizer underneath. Don't be fooled by the bright colors, it can be applied very sheer if needed because it's so blendable, or built up for more pigment. It's easy to correct mistakes because it rubs off without much effort when it's freshly applied. The staying power isn't stellar if you don't set it with powder, but it's good enough for a cream blush. A downside of the extreme blendability is the oily feel - not a problem in the cooler months, but unpleasant when it's a hot day. I haven't broken out from it, but then I don't break out easily - I'd use this sparingly if I had oilier skin on my cheeks. Nevertheless an easy to use product, good for getting that natural 'glow from within'.

I bought this and when I first tried it on it seemed to be wet, I was like on no I am not going to like this but when I blended it in I was like WOW. This also lasted for a very long time, I will be buying this again very good product!

on 8/31/2004 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

The natural suede color is really nice if you're looking for a barely there blush/bronze color. It acts as a natural contouring element- it's VERY SUBTLE. I love it for that reason and plan to buy another color as well.
Viva la Natural Suede!

Update: I never use this- I got out of the habit and I think it disapears quickly. I still love the color but might try a diff. brand next time. :(

Bleh. After reading such good comments I purchased this for 1.99 on sale. YUCK. I got the suede kind. On me it doesn't even show up and slips and slides all around my face. I don't like it.

on 6/8/2004 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I absolutetly love this blush stick. I recently purchased the bronze/blush stick in Aruba and it is so beautiful. The color is a deep, shimmery plum. Exquisite.

I have this in Moonroses, works awesome and fast, great texture, it's creamy/powdery. In MoonRoses which is blushing shade of pink. Can use on eyes, too.

This works much better than I thought it would. Iím mostly a powder blush person but Iíve been trying Avon things lately and this blush is advertised as non-acnegenic. And on me, it is. I tried a couple of colors and tropical peach is by far my favorite.