Avon Split Second Blush Stick

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

on 10/17/2008 6:34:00 PM

Like selmasoo (below), I bought this blush stick in 'Raisin' and I agree with her color description 100%. It is as though Avon had *me* in mind when they came up with this color, lol! Well, I am an extremely fair-skinned PPP w/ some mild rosacea and most rose/pink/brown/peach/mauve tones (ok-just about EVERY blush tone on the planet) just don't work for me and honestly, I pretty much gave up wearing blush altogether. BUT...I was 'just looking around' at my local Avon boutique when I stumbled upon this blush stick, and out of the many colors, this one seemed the best for my pale complexion. I got it home and tried it on and it is a KEEPER. The color is sooooo natural, is easy to apply, lasts, does not break me out or aggrivate my rosacea, and the best part (for me at least) is that there is NO shimmer to it whatsoever. I was beginning to think that matte blush didn't exist. I was wearing Stila blushes previously, but the shimmer was overkill. I am almost 36, and shimmer this, shimmer that is not age appropriate (for me at least). So this Avon blush stick is a keeper; and for $6, not too shabby :)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have this in Barely Rose. In the tube and on first application it is a bright pink color but blended in well, it transforms into a perfect "flushed cheek" color that looks soooo natural! I have dark blonde hair and very fair skin so I was apprehensive about the hot pink color in the tube but it's absolutely wonderful. It works on my pale skin or when I've got a summer tan, I just use a bit more if I've got a tan and it works perfectly. It goes on satiny-smooth and blends so easily, and I love the portability of the twist-up tube.

EDIT 6-25-08: It looks like this product has been discontinued but I found it in the Campaign 14 outlet brochure and stocked up!! Why does the best stuff get discontinued???

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I have had these sticks in Barely Rose, Romance, and Blossom. The Barely Rose is a bright fushia stick but goes on surprisingly natural and can be 'popped over the other two a bit of bounce. Romance is a warm peachy-bronze and Blossom is a neutral warm pink. All sink into the skin for a sheer, natural finish and are easy to apply.

However, if you want a blush that will stick with you through hail and hurricanes for 12 hours, this ain't it! You do need to re-apply during the day. The good news is, they are portable sticks and re-application is a breeze. I have tried every blush made I think and this product is pretty darn good. Way better than MAC, which to me is messier to apply and the colors sink in without a trace within a few minutes.

No, the only other cream blush I love as much or better right now is Benefit's Rush Hour! All is great for fair skin I would say. Avon's tubes are far cheaper than Benefit and if you get them on sale it's a good deal.

on 2/20/2007 3:45:00 PM

I like this product, but it needs to be worked in a bit. For me it goes on a little heavy and spotty and doesn't look as natural as some other blushes I've tried

on 11/3/2006 7:49:00 PM

I have these in 2 totally different yet both beautiful colors. The first one I purchased was: PRETTY IN PINK, which is a very pretty medium cream pink-(but has now been discontinued), and it's more for cool skin tones. The next one I purchased was: RAISIN, which is more of a muted,medium nude/pinkish/beige color. It is also cream in texture,(no shine/shimmer/sparkle at all). They go on light and creamy and blend into skin very evenly. The finish is not at all oily, (at least not in my experience, and I have sensitive, combination skin.) I highly recommend these blush sticks and plan on purchasing several more tubes of the RAISIN color! :-)

on 10/20/2004 9:55:00 PM

I bought this in the natural suede. The color is great and I love creamy blushes. I do find that it tends to rub off if I touch my face (I usually wear a liquid foundation and apply the blush after applying the foundation). A little loose powder on top when I'm finished seems to help. Still, I would buy it again and maybe try some other colors. 1/11/05 - update. I still like this product, but it is described as a "gel" formula and does not have a great deal of pigment in it so you have to apply quite a bit of it and it seems to sit on top of my skin instead of drying into it. Hard to explain. Still, I would buy it again if I did not have any other alternatives for a creamy cheek color. Mary Kay now has a limited edition creamy cheek color I am using and I like it a little better than the Avon.

on 8/31/2004 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Thank you MUA! I read the reviews and had to have this, since powder blushes really don't do it for me. I purchased Barely Rose on Ebay and I LOVE IT! It really is scary in the tube, but looks perfect once blended.

Edit: I no longer like blush sticks, but this one was nice while I decided what was good for me and what wasn't.

on 7/9/2004 9:45:00 AM

I tried Barely Rose, which is a really scary bright pink in the tube. Despite my initial reservations, it went on like a dream and gave me a hint of a natural sunburned look. Since this blush is potent, shimmery, and highly pigmented, a little goes a long way. I wanted something as a complement to my daily Nars Multiple in Malibu, and surprisingly, I really like this pink color. The quality of this product is excellent and I would definitely repurchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

It's not surprising this has gotten consisten 5's. I consider this a high-end quality product. Easy to blend, decent price, and worth more than the money!