Avon Split Second Blush Stick

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Avon Split Second Blush Stick

4.6

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have this in Barely Rose. In the tube and on first application it is a bright pink color but blended in well, it transforms into a perfect "flushed cheek" color that looks soooo natural! I have dark blonde hair and very fair skin so I was apprehensive about the hot pink color in the tube but it's absolutely wonderful. It works on my pale skin or when I've got a summer tan, I just use a bit more if I've got a tan and it works perfectly. It goes on satiny-smooth and blends so easily, and I love the portability of the twist-up tube.

EDIT 6-25-08: It looks like this product has been discontinued but I found it in the Campaign 14 outlet brochure and stocked up!! Why does the best stuff get discontinued???

Split Second Blush Stick is Avon's cream blush in a swivel-up stick. The tube is as tall as a NARS Multiple, but thinner. It's a pretty, shimmery navy blue tube with a silver accents. The product itself is very creamy (NARS Multiples are very dry in comparison) and blends very easily on my skin (normal skin on cheeks) even with no moisturizer underneath. Don't be fooled by the bright colors, it can be applied very sheer if needed because it's so blendable, or built up for more pigment. It's easy to correct mistakes because it rubs off without much effort when it's freshly applied. The staying power isn't stellar if you don't set it with powder, but it's good enough for a cream blush. A downside of the extreme blendability is the oily feel - not a problem in the cooler months, but unpleasant when it's a hot day. I haven't broken out from it, but then I don't break out easily - I'd use this sparingly if I had oilier skin on my cheeks. Nevertheless an easy to use product, good for getting that natural 'glow from within'.

How do I love thee, Split Second Blush Stick? Let me count the ways. I love thee from the peachy new Blossom, to the sadly discontinued Radiant Flash. I love summery, glimmery Baja. I have a romance with subtle Romance. I love Moonrose, even if it does look like radioactive pink neon in the tube.

I blend these lightly over foundation, set with loose powder, and then apply very light powder blush in a complimentary tone.

It prevents that cakey look one can get with powder blush, when one is of a certain age.

And the price cannot be beat. I will buy this product as long as Avon makes it... though I wish they wouldn't discontinue some colors, like Radiant Flash. It was an odd off-plum color, which when blended lightly, subtly set off bright lipsticks so very well for pale ladies. I have **one** more tube in abeyance (sniff). Maybe I will find one on eBay someday.

on 1/11/2004 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Avon is pretty darn amazing. I LOVE THIS BLUSH! Its non-acnegenic which is AWESOME for my adult acne prone skin. Its very hard to find such a product as most are only labeled non-comedengic and not BOTH, which is the bonus for AVON. Stick blush is the only kind I'll use despite the fact its very difficult to find. I love Tropical Peach -- it tones down the red in my skin from the cold harsh MN winters. Some new colors would be nice....hint hint.

on 8/23/2003 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I bought three colors- Moon Roses (think NARS Portofino; a shimmery pink), Natural Suede (a light buck color) and Tropical Peach (a shimmery coral). These are great cream blushes! So creamy! Like chocolate moouse in stick form but last forever. Out of all three my favorite shade was the Tropical Peach - gives me that rosy glow but with a touch of punch.

on 7/11/2003 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got this in Barely Rose because I am on a whole "waterproof" kick this summer. When I first tried it last night, I put it on WAY too heavy (LOL)! I actually looked sunburned. So I removed it and tried again, and I only had to use just a touch. It went on smoothly and lasted all day. And for $5.99 on sale, you can't beat the price. Another Avon waterproof winner (their waterproof glimmerstick eyeliners are really great, too)!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Have used these sticks on and off for about 20 years, and recently decided to try NARS' "Multiple"... a stick of color that can be used as blush or lip color. It was only after trying the $33 NARS stick -- which was very drying, by the way -- do I fully appreciate how great the Avon product is. Moist, but not greasy, this blush has *always* done double duty for me for approximately 77% less money. And it doesn't dry out my lips! The colors now are really pretty too. This is a bargain.

Popular Blush Products