Avon Split Second Blush Stick

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Avon Split Second Blush Stick

4.1

on 9/5/2009 6:41:00 PM

This is my fast daytime blush!

I use it when i'm in a rush in the morning, the barely rose one, and its great!

I dont have alot of time for makeup, for contouring etc for my day job, this gives me a healthy glow, without looking like I have blush on.

I have these in Barely Rose, Blossom,and Romance.
The first one I tried was barely rose. When I looked at it, it seemed to hot pink and sparkly. I put it on but it looked to harsh on my beige/yellowish skin. Then I tried Blossom and I've found my HG blush! It looks completely natural on me and romance is a bit too dark for me. Would re-purchase again. (and again =D)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have this in Barely Rose. In the tube and on first application it is a bright pink color but blended in well, it transforms into a perfect "flushed cheek" color that looks soooo natural! I have dark blonde hair and very fair skin so I was apprehensive about the hot pink color in the tube but it's absolutely wonderful. It works on my pale skin or when I've got a summer tan, I just use a bit more if I've got a tan and it works perfectly. It goes on satiny-smooth and blends so easily, and I love the portability of the twist-up tube.

EDIT 6-25-08: It looks like this product has been discontinued but I found it in the Campaign 14 outlet brochure and stocked up!! Why does the best stuff get discontinued???

on 2/20/2007 3:45:00 PM

I like this product, but it needs to be worked in a bit. For me it goes on a little heavy and spotty and doesn't look as natural as some other blushes I've tried

on 11/4/2005 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had high hopes for this as I loved Raisin and Blossom. Unfortunately, it just didn't work for me. I had a terrible time applying the blush stick correctly though that might be because I'm clumsy with make-up. The color is sheer, which should make it buildable but the formula spreads too much on my skin, making blending difficult. By the time I built up enough color, I had blush all over my cheeks. This is a dramatic contrast to Maybelline's Dream Mousse Blush, which I had no trouble applying. The finish was not necessarily greasy but too shiny and "slippery" for my taste. It's also not very long-wearing.

Split Second Blush Stick is Avon's cream blush in a swivel-up stick. The tube is as tall as a NARS Multiple, but thinner. It's a pretty, shimmery navy blue tube with a silver accents. The product itself is very creamy (NARS Multiples are very dry in comparison) and blends very easily on my skin (normal skin on cheeks) even with no moisturizer underneath. Don't be fooled by the bright colors, it can be applied very sheer if needed because it's so blendable, or built up for more pigment. It's easy to correct mistakes because it rubs off without much effort when it's freshly applied. The staying power isn't stellar if you don't set it with powder, but it's good enough for a cream blush. A downside of the extreme blendability is the oily feel - not a problem in the cooler months, but unpleasant when it's a hot day. I haven't broken out from it, but then I don't break out easily - I'd use this sparingly if I had oilier skin on my cheeks. Nevertheless an easy to use product, good for getting that natural 'glow from within'.

How do I love thee, Split Second Blush Stick? Let me count the ways. I love thee from the peachy new Blossom, to the sadly discontinued Radiant Flash. I love summery, glimmery Baja. I have a romance with subtle Romance. I love Moonrose, even if it does look like radioactive pink neon in the tube.

I blend these lightly over foundation, set with loose powder, and then apply very light powder blush in a complimentary tone.

It prevents that cakey look one can get with powder blush, when one is of a certain age.

And the price cannot be beat. I will buy this product as long as Avon makes it... though I wish they wouldn't discontinue some colors, like Radiant Flash. It was an odd off-plum color, which when blended lightly, subtly set off bright lipsticks so very well for pale ladies. I have **one** more tube in abeyance (sniff). Maybe I will find one on eBay someday.

on 8/31/2004 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Thank you MUA! I read the reviews and had to have this, since powder blushes really don't do it for me. I purchased Barely Rose on Ebay and I LOVE IT! It really is scary in the tube, but looks perfect once blended.

Edit: I no longer like blush sticks, but this one was nice while I decided what was good for me and what wasn't.

Bleh. After reading such good comments I purchased this for 1.99 on sale. YUCK. I got the suede kind. On me it doesn't even show up and slips and slides all around my face. I don't like it.

on 8/23/2003 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I bought three colors- Moon Roses (think NARS Portofino; a shimmery pink), Natural Suede (a light buck color) and Tropical Peach (a shimmery coral). These are great cream blushes! So creamy! Like chocolate moouse in stick form but last forever. Out of all three my favorite shade was the Tropical Peach - gives me that rosy glow but with a touch of punch.