Avon Split Second Blush Stick

4.3

on 11/28/2009 1:51:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Fine

This for the Tropical Peach. Great color for me and I love sticks cause you're not dipping your fingers in the blush. However I had to remove lippies for the quality of the product. This mashes when I try to put it on. Very disappointing. Not worth the effort so I threw it in the trash. The price used to be affordable, but it never seems to go on sale for less than $5 anymore. I will not buy it again. I gave it two lippies for the fact that it IS a stick.

on 11/4/2005 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had high hopes for this as I loved Raisin and Blossom. Unfortunately, it just didn't work for me. I had a terrible time applying the blush stick correctly though that might be because I'm clumsy with make-up. The color is sheer, which should make it buildable but the formula spreads too much on my skin, making blending difficult. By the time I built up enough color, I had blush all over my cheeks. This is a dramatic contrast to Maybelline's Dream Mousse Blush, which I had no trouble applying. The finish was not necessarily greasy but too shiny and "slippery" for my taste. It's also not very long-wearing.

on 2/17/2008 12:07:00 PM

This is for the Tropical color. It is definitely for a warmer toned gal. I am pale and it is too orange-y for me. It's ok in the summer but not on pale skin.

I didn't really like the colour I purchased but I liked the way it applied and stayed on.

on 2/20/2007 3:45:00 PM

I like this product, but it needs to be worked in a bit. For me it goes on a little heavy and spotty and doesn't look as natural as some other blushes I've tried

Very easy to apply, sheer wash of color, great for dry sensitive skin. The colors are very universal, and the color lasts awhile if you do not sweat alot. In hot weather it does not last as long, but at the low price, it is no problem to reapply. Comes in a swivel stick container much like lipstick tube. Feels very slick and like silky powder moreso than wet when first applying. Dries down to feel virtuously invisible. I have heard that it is a longwearing blush, and it usually does well for me unless i find myself doing something involving high humidity in which case it wears off fairly quickly. Then again, what blush doesn't? I am fair skinned blonde with very blue/pink based skin, usually using a cool toned beige or ivory foundation and I find that none of the warm toned shades work on me, however Moon Roses works pretty well when I wear peachy colors, or bright colors. Romance is a cool toned neutral shade that leans toward an earthy shade .. great for natural or invisible looking make-up. Is about the only earthy shade I have found I can wear. I usually use Barely Rose, a very true medium rose color that goes on a sheer rose. I have never tried the warm toned shades.

on 11/17/2005 8:27:00 PM

I have another review under the colour Tropical Peach for this item. However, there is no listing for the colour Natural Suede, so here it is. I bought this shade because I thought it would be the most subtle and let me tell you, it sure is. I use it as a bronzer-type product instead as the colour is just slightly darker than my skin really. I know contouring is totally 80's but this works really well when I blend it along my jawline and under my cheekbones. Unfortunately it has the same disappearing tendencies as Tropical Peach. *no animal testing*

Split Second Blush Stick is Avon's cream blush in a swivel-up stick. The tube is as tall as a NARS Multiple, but thinner. It's a pretty, shimmery navy blue tube with a silver accents. The product itself is very creamy (NARS Multiples are very dry in comparison) and blends very easily on my skin (normal skin on cheeks) even with no moisturizer underneath. Don't be fooled by the bright colors, it can be applied very sheer if needed because it's so blendable, or built up for more pigment. It's easy to correct mistakes because it rubs off without much effort when it's freshly applied. The staying power isn't stellar if you don't set it with powder, but it's good enough for a cream blush. A downside of the extreme blendability is the oily feel - not a problem in the cooler months, but unpleasant when it's a hot day. I haven't broken out from it, but then I don't break out easily - I'd use this sparingly if I had oilier skin on my cheeks. Nevertheless an easy to use product, good for getting that natural 'glow from within'.

on 10/20/2004 9:55:00 PM

I bought this in the natural suede. The color is great and I love creamy blushes. I do find that it tends to rub off if I touch my face (I usually wear a liquid foundation and apply the blush after applying the foundation). A little loose powder on top when I'm finished seems to help. Still, I would buy it again and maybe try some other colors. 1/11/05 - update. I still like this product, but it is described as a "gel" formula and does not have a great deal of pigment in it so you have to apply quite a bit of it and it seems to sit on top of my skin instead of drying into it. Hard to explain. Still, I would buy it again if I did not have any other alternatives for a creamy cheek color. Mary Kay now has a limited edition creamy cheek color I am using and I like it a little better than the Avon.

on 8/31/2004 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Thank you MUA! I read the reviews and had to have this, since powder blushes really don't do it for me. I purchased Barely Rose on Ebay and I LOVE IT! It really is scary in the tube, but looks perfect once blended.

Edit: I no longer like blush sticks, but this one was nice while I decided what was good for me and what wasn't.

Popular Blush Products