Avon Split Second Blush Stick

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

on 11/17/2005 8:27:00 PM

I have another review under the colour Tropical Peach for this item. However, there is no listing for the colour Natural Suede, so here it is. I bought this shade because I thought it would be the most subtle and let me tell you, it sure is. I use it as a bronzer-type product instead as the colour is just slightly darker than my skin really. I know contouring is totally 80's but this works really well when I blend it along my jawline and under my cheekbones. Unfortunately it has the same disappearing tendencies as Tropical Peach. *no animal testing*

Split Second Blush Stick is Avon's cream blush in a swivel-up stick. The tube is as tall as a NARS Multiple, but thinner. It's a pretty, shimmery navy blue tube with a silver accents. The product itself is very creamy (NARS Multiples are very dry in comparison) and blends very easily on my skin (normal skin on cheeks) even with no moisturizer underneath. Don't be fooled by the bright colors, it can be applied very sheer if needed because it's so blendable, or built up for more pigment. It's easy to correct mistakes because it rubs off without much effort when it's freshly applied. The staying power isn't stellar if you don't set it with powder, but it's good enough for a cream blush. A downside of the extreme blendability is the oily feel - not a problem in the cooler months, but unpleasant when it's a hot day. I haven't broken out from it, but then I don't break out easily - I'd use this sparingly if I had oilier skin on my cheeks. Nevertheless an easy to use product, good for getting that natural 'glow from within'.

on 10/20/2004 9:55:00 PM

I bought this in the natural suede. The color is great and I love creamy blushes. I do find that it tends to rub off if I touch my face (I usually wear a liquid foundation and apply the blush after applying the foundation). A little loose powder on top when I'm finished seems to help. Still, I would buy it again and maybe try some other colors. 1/11/05 - update. I still like this product, but it is described as a "gel" formula and does not have a great deal of pigment in it so you have to apply quite a bit of it and it seems to sit on top of my skin instead of drying into it. Hard to explain. Still, I would buy it again if I did not have any other alternatives for a creamy cheek color. Mary Kay now has a limited edition creamy cheek color I am using and I like it a little better than the Avon.

Bleh. After reading such good comments I purchased this for 1.99 on sale. YUCK. I got the suede kind. On me it doesn't even show up and slips and slides all around my face. I don't like it.

I have these in Barely Rose, Blossom,and Romance.
The first one I tried was barely rose. When I looked at it, it seemed to hot pink and sparkly. I put it on but it looked to harsh on my beige/yellowish skin. Then I tried Blossom and I've found my HG blush! It looks completely natural on me and romance is a bit too dark for me. Would re-purchase again. (and again =D)

on 3/27/2004 12:15:00 PM

I decided to try this product after searching and searching for the perfect blush. i had been using benetint for years, but it was making me breakout (i still wore it anyways).. anyways, you lovely ladies gave me so much confidence with your raves that i went online and bought every color and I LOVE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! these are the best blushes! they are super portable (so easy for quick touch ups) and the colors are great and natural and blend really easily, but are not sticky, creamy or wet feeling. I LOVE THIS BLUSH!

on 1/9/2004 6:46:00 PM

I bought three because they got such high reviews from MUA. Trust MUA to give honest reviews. They were right. These are wonderful. Thank you.

on 3/3/2003 6:44:00 PM

I am hoping to get a different color. I tried the Barely Rose. Usually I prefer pink blush, but this stuff was really bright! The texture is great.

on 9/5/2009 6:41:00 PM

This is my fast daytime blush!

I use it when i'm in a rush in the morning, the barely rose one, and its great!

I dont have alot of time for makeup, for contouring etc for my day job, this gives me a healthy glow, without looking like I have blush on.

on 8/17/2007 6:02:00 PM

I purchased this in Moon Roses and was pretty nervous b/c I am usually not good at picking out blushes...but this pink (almost baby pink) with a hint of a shine is perfect for a pink cheek!

It comes in a tube that twists up and down. The texture is very creamy, almost satiny which surprised me - i loved it - it is so easy to blend!!! I dot it on my cheek a couple of times and then blend with my fingers. I have also layered a darker color blush (another brand) over it and it looked nice.

HIghly recommend this product, but this shade may be way too light for some people - I'm very fair skinned.

Popular Blush Products