Avon Split Second Blush Stick

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

on 9/5/2009 6:41:00 PM

This is my fast daytime blush!

I use it when i'm in a rush in the morning, the barely rose one, and its great!

I dont have alot of time for makeup, for contouring etc for my day job, this gives me a healthy glow, without looking like I have blush on.

I have these in Barely Rose, Blossom,and Romance.
The first one I tried was barely rose. When I looked at it, it seemed to hot pink and sparkly. I put it on but it looked to harsh on my beige/yellowish skin. Then I tried Blossom and I've found my HG blush! It looks completely natural on me and romance is a bit too dark for me. Would re-purchase again. (and again =D)

on 8/17/2007 6:02:00 PM

I purchased this in Moon Roses and was pretty nervous b/c I am usually not good at picking out blushes...but this pink (almost baby pink) with a hint of a shine is perfect for a pink cheek!

It comes in a tube that twists up and down. The texture is very creamy, almost satiny which surprised me - i loved it - it is so easy to blend!!! I dot it on my cheek a couple of times and then blend with my fingers. I have also layered a darker color blush (another brand) over it and it looked nice.

HIghly recommend this product, but this shade may be way too light for some people - I'm very fair skinned.

on 10/8/2006 12:22:00 AM

I purchased this product in the colour "Moon Roses" for $8.99 CAD. The colour looks a lot brighter in the tube than when I apply it on my face. It can easily be applied in a sheer amount or it can be built up, and the pigmentation is pretty good. I usually swipe a line across my cheekbones, then blend it in with my fingertips. It is very creamy so it is easy to blend. It is a great product if you are in a hurry, and the staying power is great. It lasts on my cheeks all day. I'd definitely repurchase this product, and in fact I have already purchased a back-up stick from my AVON representative.

on 8/1/2006 12:18:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Avon Blush Stick in Shimmering Rasberry. Love it! Just a few dots on both cheeks create an excellent lilac blush with moderate shimmer. I figured that just a tiny bit is enough to create that glow. Dragging technique doesn't work, only dotting and slight blending with fingertips is what you need! The stick is so large that it will probably last me for years. Works wonders in a combination with Lorac Lip Polish in Amuse - somewhat similar hues to create a lilac look.

on 11/17/2005 8:27:00 PM

I have another review under the colour Tropical Peach for this item. However, there is no listing for the colour Natural Suede, so here it is. I bought this shade because I thought it would be the most subtle and let me tell you, it sure is. I use it as a bronzer-type product instead as the colour is just slightly darker than my skin really. I know contouring is totally 80's but this works really well when I blend it along my jawline and under my cheekbones. Unfortunately it has the same disappearing tendencies as Tropical Peach. *no animal testing*

Split Second Blush Stick is Avon's cream blush in a swivel-up stick. The tube is as tall as a NARS Multiple, but thinner. It's a pretty, shimmery navy blue tube with a silver accents. The product itself is very creamy (NARS Multiples are very dry in comparison) and blends very easily on my skin (normal skin on cheeks) even with no moisturizer underneath. Don't be fooled by the bright colors, it can be applied very sheer if needed because it's so blendable, or built up for more pigment. It's easy to correct mistakes because it rubs off without much effort when it's freshly applied. The staying power isn't stellar if you don't set it with powder, but it's good enough for a cream blush. A downside of the extreme blendability is the oily feel - not a problem in the cooler months, but unpleasant when it's a hot day. I haven't broken out from it, but then I don't break out easily - I'd use this sparingly if I had oilier skin on my cheeks. Nevertheless an easy to use product, good for getting that natural 'glow from within'.

I bought this and when I first tried it on it seemed to be wet, I was like on no I am not going to like this but when I blended it in I was like WOW. This also lasted for a very long time, I will be buying this again very good product!

How do I love thee, Split Second Blush Stick? Let me count the ways. I love thee from the peachy new Blossom, to the sadly discontinued Radiant Flash. I love summery, glimmery Baja. I have a romance with subtle Romance. I love Moonrose, even if it does look like radioactive pink neon in the tube.

I blend these lightly over foundation, set with loose powder, and then apply very light powder blush in a complimentary tone.

It prevents that cakey look one can get with powder blush, when one is of a certain age.

And the price cannot be beat. I will buy this product as long as Avon makes it... though I wish they wouldn't discontinue some colors, like Radiant Flash. It was an odd off-plum color, which when blended lightly, subtly set off bright lipsticks so very well for pale ladies. I have **one** more tube in abeyance (sniff). Maybe I will find one on eBay someday.

on 10/20/2004 9:55:00 PM

I bought this in the natural suede. The color is great and I love creamy blushes. I do find that it tends to rub off if I touch my face (I usually wear a liquid foundation and apply the blush after applying the foundation). A little loose powder on top when I'm finished seems to help. Still, I would buy it again and maybe try some other colors. 1/11/05 - update. I still like this product, but it is described as a "gel" formula and does not have a great deal of pigment in it so you have to apply quite a bit of it and it seems to sit on top of my skin instead of drying into it. Hard to explain. Still, I would buy it again if I did not have any other alternatives for a creamy cheek color. Mary Kay now has a limited edition creamy cheek color I am using and I like it a little better than the Avon.

Popular Blush Products