Avon Split Second Blush Stick

Avon Split Second Blush Stick

Price: $

Price: $

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I have had these sticks in Barely Rose, Romance, and Blossom. The Barely Rose is a bright fushia stick but goes on surprisingly natural and can be 'popped over the other two a bit of bounce. Romance is a warm peachy-bronze and Blossom is a neutral warm pink. All sink into the skin for a sheer, natural finish and are easy to apply.

However, if you want a blush that will stick with you through hail and hurricanes for 12 hours, this ain't it! You do need to re-apply during the day. The good news is, they are portable sticks and re-application is a breeze. I have tried every blush made I think and this product is pretty darn good. Way better than MAC, which to me is messier to apply and the colors sink in without a trace within a few minutes.

No, the only other cream blush I love as much or better right now is Benefit's Rush Hour! All is great for fair skin I would say. Avon's tubes are far cheaper than Benefit and if you get them on sale it's a good deal.

Very easy to apply, sheer wash of color, great for dry sensitive skin. The colors are very universal, and the color lasts awhile if you do not sweat alot. In hot weather it does not last as long, but at the low price, it is no problem to reapply. Comes in a swivel stick container much like lipstick tube. Feels very slick and like silky powder moreso than wet when first applying. Dries down to feel virtuously invisible. I have heard that it is a longwearing blush, and it usually does well for me unless i find myself doing something involving high humidity in which case it wears off fairly quickly. Then again, what blush doesn't? I am fair skinned blonde with very blue/pink based skin, usually using a cool toned beige or ivory foundation and I find that none of the warm toned shades work on me, however Moon Roses works pretty well when I wear peachy colors, or bright colors. Romance is a cool toned neutral shade that leans toward an earthy shade .. great for natural or invisible looking make-up. Is about the only earthy shade I have found I can wear. I usually use Barely Rose, a very true medium rose color that goes on a sheer rose. I have never tried the warm toned shades.

on 8/31/2004 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

The natural suede color is really nice if you're looking for a barely there blush/bronze color. It acts as a natural contouring element- it's VERY SUBTLE. I love it for that reason and plan to buy another color as well.
Viva la Natural Suede!

Update: I never use this- I got out of the habit and I think it disapears quickly. I still love the color but might try a diff. brand next time. :(

on 8/19/2004 3:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I thought this was a pretty color in the tube, but didn't care for it on my cheeks. It had a purple tint on my fair skin cheeks. It was easy to apply, and the tube was nice and compact. Goes on pretty sheer...

on 1/11/2004 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Avon is pretty darn amazing. I LOVE THIS BLUSH! Its non-acnegenic which is AWESOME for my adult acne prone skin. Its very hard to find such a product as most are only labeled non-comedengic and not BOTH, which is the bonus for AVON. Stick blush is the only kind I'll use despite the fact its very difficult to find. I love Tropical Peach -- it tones down the red in my skin from the cold harsh MN winters. Some new colors would be nice....hint hint.

on 9/26/2002 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

If you didn't already know I love blush. I just added this blush to my collection(I got barely rose)and I'm sure there will be more colors to come. They glide on nicely and dry to a powdery finish. There also not drying which I hate and there a deal at $7.99. Just imagine you could get 4 for the price of 1 Nars multiple.