Avon Split Second Blush Stick

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Avon Split Second Blush Stick

4.7

on 10/17/2008 6:34:00 PM

Like selmasoo (below), I bought this blush stick in 'Raisin' and I agree with her color description 100%. It is as though Avon had *me* in mind when they came up with this color, lol! Well, I am an extremely fair-skinned PPP w/ some mild rosacea and most rose/pink/brown/peach/mauve tones (ok-just about EVERY blush tone on the planet) just don't work for me and honestly, I pretty much gave up wearing blush altogether. BUT...I was 'just looking around' at my local Avon boutique when I stumbled upon this blush stick, and out of the many colors, this one seemed the best for my pale complexion. I got it home and tried it on and it is a KEEPER. The color is sooooo natural, is easy to apply, lasts, does not break me out or aggrivate my rosacea, and the best part (for me at least) is that there is NO shimmer to it whatsoever. I was beginning to think that matte blush didn't exist. I was wearing Stila blushes previously, but the shimmer was overkill. I am almost 36, and shimmer this, shimmer that is not age appropriate (for me at least). So this Avon blush stick is a keeper; and for $6, not too shabby :)

on 8/17/2007 6:02:00 PM

I purchased this in Moon Roses and was pretty nervous b/c I am usually not good at picking out blushes...but this pink (almost baby pink) with a hint of a shine is perfect for a pink cheek!

It comes in a tube that twists up and down. The texture is very creamy, almost satiny which surprised me - i loved it - it is so easy to blend!!! I dot it on my cheek a couple of times and then blend with my fingers. I have also layered a darker color blush (another brand) over it and it looked nice.

HIghly recommend this product, but this shade may be way too light for some people - I'm very fair skinned.

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I have had these sticks in Barely Rose, Romance, and Blossom. The Barely Rose is a bright fushia stick but goes on surprisingly natural and can be 'popped over the other two a bit of bounce. Romance is a warm peachy-bronze and Blossom is a neutral warm pink. All sink into the skin for a sheer, natural finish and are easy to apply.

However, if you want a blush that will stick with you through hail and hurricanes for 12 hours, this ain't it! You do need to re-apply during the day. The good news is, they are portable sticks and re-application is a breeze. I have tried every blush made I think and this product is pretty darn good. Way better than MAC, which to me is messier to apply and the colors sink in without a trace within a few minutes.

No, the only other cream blush I love as much or better right now is Benefit's Rush Hour! All is great for fair skin I would say. Avon's tubes are far cheaper than Benefit and if you get them on sale it's a good deal.

on 11/3/2006 7:49:00 PM

I have these in 2 totally different yet both beautiful colors. The first one I purchased was: PRETTY IN PINK, which is a very pretty medium cream pink-(but has now been discontinued), and it's more for cool skin tones. The next one I purchased was: RAISIN, which is more of a muted,medium nude/pinkish/beige color. It is also cream in texture,(no shine/shimmer/sparkle at all). They go on light and creamy and blend into skin very evenly. The finish is not at all oily, (at least not in my experience, and I have sensitive, combination skin.) I highly recommend these blush sticks and plan on purchasing several more tubes of the RAISIN color! :-)

on 10/8/2006 12:22:00 AM

I purchased this product in the colour "Moon Roses" for $8.99 CAD. The colour looks a lot brighter in the tube than when I apply it on my face. It can easily be applied in a sheer amount or it can be built up, and the pigmentation is pretty good. I usually swipe a line across my cheekbones, then blend it in with my fingertips. It is very creamy so it is easy to blend. It is a great product if you are in a hurry, and the staying power is great. It lasts on my cheeks all day. I'd definitely repurchase this product, and in fact I have already purchased a back-up stick from my AVON representative.

on 8/1/2006 12:18:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Avon Blush Stick in Shimmering Rasberry. Love it! Just a few dots on both cheeks create an excellent lilac blush with moderate shimmer. I figured that just a tiny bit is enough to create that glow. Dragging technique doesn't work, only dotting and slight blending with fingertips is what you need! The stick is so large that it will probably last me for years. Works wonders in a combination with Lorac Lip Polish in Amuse - somewhat similar hues to create a lilac look.

Very easy to apply, sheer wash of color, great for dry sensitive skin. The colors are very universal, and the color lasts awhile if you do not sweat alot. In hot weather it does not last as long, but at the low price, it is no problem to reapply. Comes in a swivel stick container much like lipstick tube. Feels very slick and like silky powder moreso than wet when first applying. Dries down to feel virtuously invisible. I have heard that it is a longwearing blush, and it usually does well for me unless i find myself doing something involving high humidity in which case it wears off fairly quickly. Then again, what blush doesn't? I am fair skinned blonde with very blue/pink based skin, usually using a cool toned beige or ivory foundation and I find that none of the warm toned shades work on me, however Moon Roses works pretty well when I wear peachy colors, or bright colors. Romance is a cool toned neutral shade that leans toward an earthy shade .. great for natural or invisible looking make-up. Is about the only earthy shade I have found I can wear. I usually use Barely Rose, a very true medium rose color that goes on a sheer rose. I have never tried the warm toned shades.

I buy the 2 LE summer 2004 shades: Baja and Aruba. It was an excellent purchase!

The Split Second blush blends quickly and easily and it's so pigmented!! I was really impressed by the highly pigmented colors. The texture is excellent, it's a silky blush that glides on very smoothly - not too heavy, not too creamy. The quality of this product is absolutely amazing.

The tube is nice and neat.

I'm really pleased with this product and I will certainly purchase some other shades. continued >>

on 1/11/2004 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Avon is pretty darn amazing. I LOVE THIS BLUSH! Its non-acnegenic which is AWESOME for my adult acne prone skin. Its very hard to find such a product as most are only labeled non-comedengic and not BOTH, which is the bonus for AVON. Stick blush is the only kind I'll use despite the fact its very difficult to find. I love Tropical Peach -- it tones down the red in my skin from the cold harsh MN winters. Some new colors would be nice....hint hint.