Avon Split Second Blush Stick

Avon Split Second Blush Stick

4.6

Price: $

Price: $

I didn't really like the colour I purchased but I liked the way it applied and stayed on.

on 11/3/2006 7:49:00 PM

I have these in 2 totally different yet both beautiful colors. The first one I purchased was: PRETTY IN PINK, which is a very pretty medium cream pink-(but has now been discontinued), and it's more for cool skin tones. The next one I purchased was: RAISIN, which is more of a muted,medium nude/pinkish/beige color. It is also cream in texture,(no shine/shimmer/sparkle at all). They go on light and creamy and blend into skin very evenly. The finish is not at all oily, (at least not in my experience, and I have sensitive, combination skin.) I highly recommend these blush sticks and plan on purchasing several more tubes of the RAISIN color! :-)

How do I love thee, Split Second Blush Stick? Let me count the ways. I love thee from the peachy new Blossom, to the sadly discontinued Radiant Flash. I love summery, glimmery Baja. I have a romance with subtle Romance. I love Moonrose, even if it does look like radioactive pink neon in the tube.

I blend these lightly over foundation, set with loose powder, and then apply very light powder blush in a complimentary tone.

It prevents that cakey look one can get with powder blush, when one is of a certain age.

And the price cannot be beat. I will buy this product as long as Avon makes it... though I wish they wouldn't discontinue some colors, like Radiant Flash. It was an odd off-plum color, which when blended lightly, subtly set off bright lipsticks so very well for pale ladies. I have **one** more tube in abeyance (sniff). Maybe I will find one on eBay someday.

on 10/20/2004 9:55:00 PM

I bought this in the natural suede. The color is great and I love creamy blushes. I do find that it tends to rub off if I touch my face (I usually wear a liquid foundation and apply the blush after applying the foundation). A little loose powder on top when I'm finished seems to help. Still, I would buy it again and maybe try some other colors. 1/11/05 - update. I still like this product, but it is described as a "gel" formula and does not have a great deal of pigment in it so you have to apply quite a bit of it and it seems to sit on top of my skin instead of drying into it. Hard to explain. Still, I would buy it again if I did not have any other alternatives for a creamy cheek color. Mary Kay now has a limited edition creamy cheek color I am using and I like it a little better than the Avon.

This works much better than I thought it would. Im mostly a powder blush person but Ive been trying Avon things lately and this blush is advertised as non-acnegenic. And on me, it is. I tried a couple of colors and tropical peach is by far my favorite.

on 1/11/2004 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Avon is pretty darn amazing. I LOVE THIS BLUSH! Its non-acnegenic which is AWESOME for my adult acne prone skin. Its very hard to find such a product as most are only labeled non-comedengic and not BOTH, which is the bonus for AVON. Stick blush is the only kind I'll use despite the fact its very difficult to find. I love Tropical Peach -- it tones down the red in my skin from the cold harsh MN winters. Some new colors would be nice....hint hint.

on 6/18/2003 7:20:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

A perfectly blendable, creamy, multi purpose blush thats lasts all day, comes in great colors and costs 5.99?
How can you beat it.

on 3/6/2003 1:31:00 AM

Love these as eyeshadow base and lipcolor. I have Tropical Peach, Barely Rose, Moon Rose, and Romance. Texture is creamy and airy, not greasy. Colors are rich and don't fade like Nars. Fav are Trop Peach and Barely Rose because they are bright and have shimmer. Moon Rose is a bit of an 'old' bubblegum pink that I have to mix with other colors to make a good lipcolor. Romance is o.k. but I prefer the shimmers. And super price!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Have used these sticks on and off for about 20 years, and recently decided to try NARS' "Multiple"... a stick of color that can be used as blush or lip color. It was only after trying the $33 NARS stick -- which was very drying, by the way -- do I fully appreciate how great the Avon product is. Moist, but not greasy, this blush has *always* done double duty for me for approximately 77% less money. And it doesn't dry out my lips! The colors now are really pretty too. This is a bargain.