Avon Split Second Blush Stick

Filtered by age: 19-24
Avon Split Second Blush Stick

4.2

on 10/8/2006 12:22:00 AM

I purchased this product in the colour "Moon Roses" for $8.99 CAD. The colour looks a lot brighter in the tube than when I apply it on my face. It can easily be applied in a sheer amount or it can be built up, and the pigmentation is pretty good. I usually swipe a line across my cheekbones, then blend it in with my fingertips. It is very creamy so it is easy to blend. It is a great product if you are in a hurry, and the staying power is great. It lasts on my cheeks all day. I'd definitely repurchase this product, and in fact I have already purchased a back-up stick from my AVON representative.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have this blush stick in Blossom. I absolutely LOVE it! It's creamy and blends so well. It lasts pretty long, too - better than any other I've used.

I definitely plan to repurchase this color. I'm thinking about branching out and trying the Romance shade, too. continued >>

Split Second Blush Stick is Avon's cream blush in a swivel-up stick. The tube is as tall as a NARS Multiple, but thinner. It's a pretty, shimmery navy blue tube with a silver accents. The product itself is very creamy (NARS Multiples are very dry in comparison) and blends very easily on my skin (normal skin on cheeks) even with no moisturizer underneath. Don't be fooled by the bright colors, it can be applied very sheer if needed because it's so blendable, or built up for more pigment. It's easy to correct mistakes because it rubs off without much effort when it's freshly applied. The staying power isn't stellar if you don't set it with powder, but it's good enough for a cream blush. A downside of the extreme blendability is the oily feel - not a problem in the cooler months, but unpleasant when it's a hot day. I haven't broken out from it, but then I don't break out easily - I'd use this sparingly if I had oilier skin on my cheeks. Nevertheless an easy to use product, good for getting that natural 'glow from within'.

on 8/31/2004 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Thank you MUA! I read the reviews and had to have this, since powder blushes really don't do it for me. I purchased Barely Rose on Ebay and I LOVE IT! It really is scary in the tube, but looks perfect once blended.

Edit: I no longer like blush sticks, but this one was nice while I decided what was good for me and what wasn't.

I buy the 2 LE summer 2004 shades: Baja and Aruba. It was an excellent purchase!

The Split Second blush blends quickly and easily and it's so pigmented!! I was really impressed by the highly pigmented colors. The texture is excellent, it's a silky blush that glides on very smoothly - not too heavy, not too creamy. The quality of this product is absolutely amazing.

The tube is nice and neat.

I'm really pleased with this product and I will certainly purchase some other shades. continued >>

Bleh. After reading such good comments I purchased this for 1.99 on sale. YUCK. I got the suede kind. On me it doesn't even show up and slips and slides all around my face. I don't like it.

on 8/19/2004 3:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I thought this was a pretty color in the tube, but didn't care for it on my cheeks. It had a purple tint on my fair skin cheeks. It was easy to apply, and the tube was nice and compact. Goes on pretty sheer...

on 7/9/2004 9:45:00 AM

I tried Barely Rose, which is a really scary bright pink in the tube. Despite my initial reservations, it went on like a dream and gave me a hint of a natural sunburned look. Since this blush is potent, shimmery, and highly pigmented, a little goes a long way. I wanted something as a complement to my daily Nars Multiple in Malibu, and surprisingly, I really like this pink color. The quality of this product is excellent and I would definitely repurchase.

on 8/23/2003 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I bought three colors- Moon Roses (think NARS Portofino; a shimmery pink), Natural Suede (a light buck color) and Tropical Peach (a shimmery coral). These are great cream blushes! So creamy! Like chocolate moouse in stick form but last forever. Out of all three my favorite shade was the Tropical Peach - gives me that rosy glow but with a touch of punch.

on 7/14/2003 3:19:00 AM

I love this product! Either I apply it semi-heavily before putting on powder makeup, or apply it after putting on a liquid foundation. It's texture is creamy and very blendable. Gives a pretty glow to the skin.

Popular Blush Products