Dr. Hauschka Eye Contour Day Cream

Dr. Hauschka Eye Contour Day Cream

3.8

Castor Seed Oil, Peanut Oil, Beeswax/Cera Flava, Carrot Root Extract, Anthyllis Vulneraria Extract, Apricot Kernel Oil, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Cocoa Butter, St. John'swort Extract, Silk/Serica Powder, Jojoba Seed Oil, Neem Leaf Extract, Fragrance (Essential Oil), Citronellol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Citral, Eugenol, Farnesol, Lecithin.

on 10/24/2015 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

This has a lovely citrus smell, and it really does its job of hydrating the eye area! I actually use this over the Dr. Hauschka Regenerating Eye Cream both to seal in moisture, but also because my concealer glides on better. It is a bit slick, and will stay so, so a little goes a long way, and I do need to cover it up with powder to take off the shine. Using both of these eye creams together, my eye area is impossibly soft and moisturized!

on 9/16/2015 7:13:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

On the bright side, this eye balm does seem to be hydrating. And it's got a lovely smell.

On the down side, it's just too thick and shiny; not matter how little of it I put under my eyes, the balm does not absorb and the shiny look stays, which does not work all that great under makeup. I'm also not a fan of the packaging which requires you to dip your fingers into the pot every time.

Worst of all, this eye balm actually irritated my under-eye area. I've never known that area to be sensitive--I've tried out tons of eye creams over the years with no problem, including Dr Hauschka's own day cream. But this balm gave me irritated-looking bumps under my eyes. I stop using it, they go away. I start again, they come back. So it's definitely the product. Not what I was hoping for, I will admit...

I've seen another reviewer say that they've repurposed this balm as a cuticle treatment, and, hey, there's an idea! I should try that.

To Read all 89 Reviews, Login or Join

on 8/29/2015 6:47:00 AM

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

Eyes: Violet

This is the best eye cream ever. It can be a little too shiny to wear on its own outside, but I like to use it when I'm at home and for the night time. It's free of nasty preservatives.
If I need to use it through the day, I just use less of it under my makeup so the shine doesn't show.
Highly recommended.

As some reviewers described, this does look/feel like a lip balm - a hard waxy lip balm with a wonderful smell. When applied to the eye area, this eye balm moistures the delicate skin really really well. HOwever, i find it never get absorbed into the skin, not even after hours. Because of this, this balm will keep the skin well moisturized ( works a lot better than many $100+ eye creams). However, it also makes your undereye area look shiny, and does not work well with makeups. For this reason, I use it mainly as a night cream, or when i know i am going to stay home without any makeups.

on 3/28/2013 6:00:00 AM

I rated this as expensive, but in reality I got it at work for 49 cents on staff super clearance (I work at a drugstore) so I can hardly complain about the price. I think when my pot runs out in going to have to splurge to get another, because this stuff is amazing! I have had a break out of psoriasis on my right eyelid every winter for years, and nothing makes it go away except time. That was until I tried this! I just picked it up because it was there really, nothing I thought I needed or wanted. But after only 4 days use my eye is only a little dry, not the red scaly mess it was last week. It's so unbelievable I could cry, I have tried SO MANY creams and lotions and medications for my psoriasis, and having no success and a scaly red face gets depressing. The secret is in the rich emollient wax balm, which protects and soothes the eye area immensely. Much better than a water based cream! If this fixed my dark circles too, well, it would be my miracle. I'll update if I see a change, but even so this gets a top rating from me!

Great protective balm for moisturizing in the winter and reducing wrinkles. This eye balm has a thick balm texture that doesn't absorb very easily making it not totally hassle-free (reason why I took out one star). But it really does a wonderful job at moisturizing and protecting my delicate eye area during the cold NYC windy winter months. For a very thorough review check out my blog: www.sensitastic.blogspot.com

on 1/22/2013 8:25:00 AM

I have a good impression of this product and am using the second pot. I bought it in Germany at the price of 21Euros so price wise it is ok for me.
After using it, the skin around my eyes became soft and supple, although it feels a bit greasy but what impresses me is that I never got fatty cloggs.

While it does the same job as many other brands' eye cream, the ideal of the brand is promoting ethical contact with environment and following the nature, that is probably why I have a better feeling toward it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I am living abroad so I paid more than the usual fortune to get this. But the air is so dry during the winter in Tokyo, that I was pretty desperate. I had developed a lot of eczema around my eyes, and was looking like a pretty big fright. So, I thought I'd try this balm only at night first but it wasn't really doing much other than making my eye area greasy. It actually made the eczema sting a bit too. I still really wanted to make it work, so I decided to try it during the day, and suffer through the shiny greasy eyes all day long.The stuff just didn't absorb well into my skin; my glasses would often have Vaseline-like streaks on them.

After a month of daily use, nothing had changed with the dryness and eczema around my eyes, so I am going to have to re-purpose this stuff as cuticle oil/heel and elbow balm I suppose. Am having a lot of luck with Burts' Bees new Intense Moisture line, actually.

on 8/6/2012 3:30:00 AM

So this is really expensive.. but I'm on my 2nd or 3rd pottle so I keep going back for more! Smells like honey and yummy natural ingredients. I find creams soak in and disappear too quickly but this lasts a lot longer. It is waxy so not that great when you want heavier eye makeup to stay put. I use Clinique all about eyes when I wear more eye makeup as that soaks in. It says only for day use but I love this for night when I don't care that my eyes look a bit greasy.

on 12/7/2011 10:42:00 PM

I am skeptical of eye creams... I am not sure if you really need them. I tried a sample of this one and although it felt nice, I didn't really see any differences. When I saw the price per ounce I thought.... nope, sorry.