Estee Lauder Pure Color Lipstick in 'Pinkberry'

Estee Lauder Pure Color Lipstick in 'Pinkberry'

4.3

on 4/10/2016 4:03:00 PM

Pinkberry reminds me of MAC Faux on me (NW20, deep winter that pull out orange and brown that has some in it). It is a pink greige mauve nude. It pairs very, well with MAC Pink Cult blush and gives a very soft neutral look. Not too pink, not too ruddy. But honestly, when on your lips, it is a bit boring, but utility. It is the perfect lipstick for a smokey eye or when you want that soft focus look. But like another reviewer said, you could get Rimmel Airy Fairy (or maybe NYX Thalia) or other very similar & cheaper options including MAC Faux. To pay the full $30 for this seems insane to me. I got mine as part of a gift pack from an outlet that had another lipstick in it, mascara, eye cream, eye shadow palette and lotion for $17. So I am enjoying it guilt free. But to go out and get this lipstick again at full price, I just can not see myself doing that. If you love a smokey eye though, this would be a great color and texture for it. I do like the way it feels and looks on my lips, no major lip lines showing, drying out or anything else. All and all, a nice lipstick. But the price is just crazy to me.

on 12/20/2015 11:56:00 AM

Tried this not too long ago at the EL counter & bought it the same day. I never expected to find a true nude lipstick that didn't make me look dead - but here it is. I have super pigmented lips and EVERY SINGLE lipstick I've ever tried when in search for a nudish lipcolor has made me look ready for the undertaker. Except this one. In the tube it looks like a darker mauve, but reads on my lips as the absolute perfect light pink with the tiniest touch of brown.Staying power isn't the best but that's fine for me. Long lasting lipsticks are usually really drying and /or matte formulas, which look terrible on me. I feel like I'm just too old for the super matte look - makes my mouth look downright prunish. This is fairly expensive in the store, but I found several listings for it on Ebay with the GWP packaging, for actually cheap - as in 9 bucks a tube and the like. I bought three tubes for 21 bucks, I think - so I probably will never need to purchase again, but in theory, I absolutely would, as it's very flattering.

To Read all 69 Reviews, Login or Join

Essence Cool Nude is an exact color dupe for this.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

This is a lovely colour. It is one of my current go to colours. It's great for when I want a more subtle lip, but I still want a bit of colour. Not only that but it feels fantastic on the lips. Generally I like pairing it over a red or brown liner as I find the colour looks better on my skin that way. I actually got this as a gift but I can't see myself buying this for myself. As much as I like it I go through nudes faster then other colours and I just can't bring myself to send $20+ on something I may power through.

on 12/28/2014 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is the perfect dupe for Chanel Boy, except that it's longer lasting and more pigmented. Score! If the package were sleeker like Chanel's, I'd make this a perfect 5.

12/5/15: A year later, this is still my go to MLBB. It makes a nice blush. It also makes a passable nude when I mix it with NYX's wonder pencil. (Nyx jumbo pencil in milk works too, but too much of the white looks really fake.)

Freakin loovee this. Its almost a nudey pink. Very opaque coverage, goes on smoothly, and is not drying. Beautiful for every day or more toned down looks. This will forever be in my stash.

I got this lipstick as part of a free "gift" for buying the day wear BB cream, but it retails for $34 if I were to purchase it. It is similar in colour to revlon's "mauve it over", and rimmel's "airy fairy". I don't remember how much that cost, but I doubt it was over $10.

The texture and finish of the EL lipstick are nice (I prefer the texture and finish of the EL lippie over "mauve it over"); smooth, creamy, and ever so slightly glossy. It's moisturizing without feeling or looking like a gloss on your lips.

The colour is nice, a very natural/nude pink. It's about a shade darker, and more blue toned than mauve it over (which is more peachy / orange based). Pinkberry is also much creamier and more hydrating than mauve it over.

The texture and finish of airy fairy are quite similar to pinkberry, as is the colour. Pinkberry is slightly darker and more blue toned than airy fairy. The two are equally creamy & hydrating. Airy fairy is perhaps a bit more shimmery though.

Overall, this is a nice lipstick in a very nice/natural colour, with a very nice / natural finish. However, it is in my opinion, no better than the much cheaper lipsticks you can find in the drugstore. And, airy fairy smells great (sort of fruity, as opposed to the typical crayon-like smell).

on 4/2/2014 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Pinkberry has been my "go to" lip color for years! I do use many glosses in pinker shades. My lips have almost no color to them. Very pale. When in doubt, Pinkberry is the perfect lip neutral for me. Easy to apply, long lasting, not drying or heavy, no shimmer, great "like lips but better" color for my fair complexion. Of course, I wish the price were lower!

on 2/1/2014 1:17:00 AM

I bought this while perusing the foundations, and could not resist the offer of a free EL lip balm with purchase of a lipstick. I have been looking for a lipstick color for my 'old age' blues, one that is not anything like all the others I have been wearing for years & years, all the deep, rich colors from Laura Mercier, the too-intense ones from Bobbi Brown, the simply odd ones from Lancome....I just wanted one to wear all day at work, one that would make my over-all appearance look softer, and this is good for that: I've grown to really like it, while there is no lipstick allure & drama here, it makes my lips look great. And it brightens my complextion: odd.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Perfect lipstick for everyday use. Pinkberry is an office friendly color without being "boring". It's not exactly pink, it's more like a mauve - beige - pinky color, if you know what I mean (do I? :lol:)

Unlike every MAC lipstick I ever tried, this one does not dry your lips, on the contrary, it is quite moisturing. This is my favorite characteristic about Clinique & Estée Lauder's lipsticks.

The only negative thing about Estée Lauder's pinkberry is its price, but I bought it in a sale and it costed me around USD 12 -worth every penny. Would definitely buy again.