Maybelline Expert Eyes Eye Shadow in Lux Lilac

Price: $

Price: $

on 1/13/2015 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Help..I'm looking for Maybelline Lux Lilac 90.......not 90S..I DO NOT want the shimmer..I want the matte Lux Lilac 90...does anyone out there know where I can order it online?? I have ordered quite a few that appeared as 90 in the picture/decsription but, when I received them they were actually the 90S with the shimmer..so I had to return them....so again, does anyone know where I can find the Maybelline Expert Wear Luc Lilac 90 matte eyeshadow???

ps think it may be discontinued?????

parkercarole11@hotmail.com

on 12/26/2012 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a nice lilac if you want a non-dramatic tone with not too much sparkle. It does take two swipes to get good color. I looked for this shade in a matt but could not locate one. Still, it is satiny and especially compliments hazel and green eyes. Staying power is average when applied over liquid foundation.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

You know what they say - keep your standards low, and you won't be disappointed. This is a pearly warm-toned lavender/lilac that takes two loaded brushfuls to show up. It's tolerable, particularly for a d/s product, but I'd choose NYX Frosted Lilac or even Spring Flower over this any day.

on 2/15/2011 8:51:00 PM

I love the shade of this product, its exactly why I bought it. I was looking for a gorgeous, lilac to wear when fall/winter were over because I'm trying not to carry my dark colors into spring/summer. Lux Lilac has a wee bit of silver shimmer but it doesn't really transfer with the eyeshadow when its on your lids, which is fine with me, its still a gorgeous color! That said, it has the worst application I've had from a drugstore eyeshadow in a while. There are a lot of gems but this is not one of them, it is so chalky!! If you have normal or oily skin, don't bother, it'll come off quickly. Usually I don't mind reapplying throughout the day but I have a myriad of bases and have gotten to the point where I rarely have to reapply! When I tested this out, it wore of while I was looking for brushes. -_- I have tried this with a million other bases/brushes, I even used a sponge tip applicator. Absolutely horrible.

I might add, I don't have a problem with packaging, it has never broken on me. I have a lot of Maybelline shadows and they never broke. I also don't understand why anyone would be angry with the applicator, it's basically a rule that no matter what makeup brand you get, the applicator they give you is almost always horrid.

I really wanted to like this shadow but it just rubs off. I don't know anyone with dry skin who has tried this but I know it doesn't work on my skin or my mum's. :(

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This color looks amazing with blue eyes. It doesn't last as long as I'd like for it to, but I get a good 8 hours outta it with a base underneath. It's excellent quality for the price. The only reason I wouldn't repurchase is just 'cause you get so much & I don't wear it very often. The packaging is nice & sturdy, but I don't like the applicator it comes with, I usually end up just throwing those away & applying it with my Ecotools eyeshadow brush.

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

It's a beautiful matte light purple (that is more on the cooler side). I've had this for years and even though there are silver flecks in it, it comes off matte and is vibrant enough so show in both flash and natural sunlight :)

Pros:
~I love it, the packaging isn't flimsy at all, very small and great for on the go and etc (plus there's an applicator so I can easily touch up)
~It's great as an all over the lids color, brow bone color (depending on your look), and under the lashline to help brighten the eyes with some color.
Cons:
~Yes it does easily fade when worn alone.
~It looks ashy on very dark skin tones.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Finding the perfect purple shade was a lot harder than I imagined. Some are too dark, too light, others too muddy, & a few were too...bright. I picked up this little gem for $3 not expecting much from such a cheap d/s product. But damn, this has got to be my favorite eyeshadow now. It's the perfect TRUE shade of purple! Once applied over my HG Revlon CS foundation it lasts all day without budging. I never purchase back ups...but I picked up 11 of these because I know all too well how dissapointing it is when a company discontinues an HG product of mine. ;) I'm NOT saying that I know its going to be discontinued soon though. I'm just being paranoid/careful/prepared for the worst. Haha.

This color is awesome for a daytime look. I would recommend this to anybody who wants a suttle color with not a whole lot of pop. Its so pretty and has very nice payoff. Great for the price too.

on 8/19/2008 7:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Looks great on blue eyes. It doesn't last long.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this to keep in my smaller purse, as the packaging is extremely slim and easy to slip into a tight pocket. Purple is my favorite eye look, and while my all-time fave purple e/s is Milani Wild Violets, this shade is awfully cute. So many purple shadows are too dark or maroon-tinged, giving a "bruised" look, or else they are so pale and frosty as to appear silver on the lids.

Lux Lilac is a matte, medium-toned lilac verging on periwinkle. It's great for a simple, one-color eye look because it's not too dark, but is quite vibrant and noticeable nonetheless. Great contrast shade for folks with green eyes and/or auburn hair. It's hard to find a good purple at the drugstore; this one makes me happy. I prepped my lids with concealer and powder before applying this, and it lasted a good 8 hours without creasing. Maybelline must have reformulated, because their e/s used to be total crap with no pigmentation.

I did take off a lippie for the extremely flimsy packaging ,which breaks in a heartbeat.