Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals ALL

Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals ALL
Bare Minerals ALLBare Minerals ALLBare Minerals ALLBare Minerals ALLBare Minerals ALL

2.9

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 12.6%, Zinc Oxide 21%. Inactive Ingredients: Bismuth Oxychloride, Mica, Iron Oxides, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I have tried numerous foundations over the years to combat rosacea and cover acne. Now that I am older I am struggling less with active breakouts. I really do love the finish of this foundation. However, the staying power and coverage are not as great as I had originally hoped.

I am approximately an NC 20 and I wear the shade Light. Fairly light is just a tad too pinkish for me, while Light is slightly too dark. However, the finish looks great. The issue is with concealer. I have used Benefit's porefessional under this foundation and it slides around too much and makes my face look greasy. I have also tried using the Prime Time moisturizer under this and it also makes my face look cakey and greasy.

It's nice coverage if you have good skin to begin with, but it is a pain to figure out the process for covering blemishes and scarring if you suffer from acne prone and red skin. It does not aggrevate my existing blemishes. The finish is natural looking, but not going to make you look airbrushed. I really like this as an everyday foundation, but due to the messy application and the price, I have been on the hunt for a new HG.

on 5/13/2017 9:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I wear bare minerals matte powder in Light for most of the autumn/winter months.

It's a staple long wearing, comfortable foundation which soaks up excess oil in my skin without clogging. I really trust this foundation to give me good, buildable coverage without causing breakouts. Phew!

I wear this as a makeup base in most of my videos- I am NOT adventurous with foundation and base makeup as I have to be really careful.

Search Ayish Zone on YouTube x

Really like this product, so glowy and pretty looking. But probably would not give acne sufferers good coverage due to looking powdery when trying to build up.

on 12/1/2016 3:01:00 PM

Really pretty finish and good colour selection but broke me out in red and white bumps. I googled the ingredients and realized it's the bismuth oxychlorite- it irritates skin and clogs pores. Stay away from this if your skin is sensitive. There are far better and more "natural" powders out there (for example, mineral fusion).

Bare Minerals is the best. So good for your skin and so glowy.

on 9/3/2016 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I wrote a review of this years ago and it wasn't very positive. I finally figured out what causes breakouts with this product. It is the bismuth oxychloride that is added that creates an allergic reaction. Beware of bismuth oxychloride, it is added to most 'powders' to give a pearl finish. Google this ingredient and there are copious amounts of negative reviews and reactions. Thankfully, there are also copious products out there that do NOT have bismuth oxychloride added. Stay away! The big lumps on your face and the itchiness aren't worth it!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have been a BE girl for going on 10 years and this product has gone with me right through middle age, keeping me gorgeous! I love the loose powder which comes in a sifter jar. I just shake some out onto a piece of wax paper and then mix a little facial sunscreen with it. It goes on smooth like a liquid makeup but provides a nice sheer color. Now that I'm over 50, I love being able to use a moisturizing sun screen with it! It stays on all day and keeps me looking fresh! And DON'T get me started on the eye shadow pots! My favorite color is Wildflower, which I think has been discontinued. :( Drama is my next fave and I believe, their top selling loose powder eye shadow. There is one draw back to loose powders, I must say; they are messy! Raise your hand if you've ever not secured the cap on one of those jars and your purse became a sand box. ME! ME ME! Check out my reviews on You Tube! Just type in Gina Sigman in the search box.

I feel like everyone has a story about this stuff. It certainly has a cult following while others who've tried it absolutely detest it. It also seems that unlike other makeup, there are those who are determined to make Bare Minerals work for them and revisit it time and time again. We all witnessed the mineral makeup craze in the 90's when everybody and their mother wanted to throw their liquid foundation in the trash and convert. The reason I personally decided to give BM a go was because the girls I knew who wore it had this extraordinarily attractive glow to their faces. What were they using? Why was I not able to recreate this with my drugstore foundation? Until I learned the common denominator among them was Bare Escentuals. Okay enough ramble...

This is the perfect summer makeup for me. I like the whole effortless, laid back, I-put-on-mascara-and-leave-the-house look during the warmer months. I don't want to look like I put much effort into my face during this time of year. No Instagram baddie makeup please. The thing with Bare Minerals is that
1) It's not aging. Doesn't turn me into the 22 going on 30 type.
2) It makes me look and feel NATURALLY pretty.

I will add the caveat that the people who seem to enjoy this most are the lucky women that have decent skin to begin with. If you can come to terms with application technique than you can achieve anywhere from sheer to medium coverage. But don't buy this expecting to obtain the same coverage as MAC Studio Fix or Estee Lauder Double Wear. It ain't gonna happen.
Another thing is a lot of people complain about the Bare Minerals brushes offered in the kits and I can see why. They're not what I would call the best on the market however the Full Flawless Face brush is actually my preference for buffing in the foundation. Natural bristles seem to pick up the minerals and provide superior coverage in comparison to synthetic brushes which I've found only offers a sheer finish. The first summer I bought the foundation separately I quickly discovered my Real Techniques brushes just don't do the job. However, it has been noted in reviews that both the Full Flawless Face brush and the Flawless Face tend to not last long with regular use and frequent washing (anywhere from 6 months to 2 years depending).

Other tips I have:
1) The bisque concealers are fabulous. If you add a sprinkle of the concealer into the lid when you swirl your foundation it boosts the coverage 30×. Seriously. I use Fairly Light or Light in the foundation and the Summer Bisque concealer. Works wonders.
2) The Illuminating Mineral Veil is a lot prettier than the original. It gives this lovely angelic glow to the face but still controls oils. The Faux Tan is better than the Warmth, it's more brown and less orangey.
3) This brand can be very addictive once you've hopped on board the Starter Kit. Try not to get sucked in by the beautiful but gimmicky All Over Face Colors/blushes/eye shadows etc. They'll pile up on you in no time.

on 6/22/2016 9:49:00 PM

First of all i love how it looks on my skin. Perfect shade and perfect glow BUT!!!!!!!!! It broke me out madly every time I decided to give it another go! All it takes is just one day. By the end of the day I see red cystic acne. Tried at least 5 times I'm 100000% sure this product gives me cystic acne. Still recovering from it after a whole month.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So I'm a BareMinerals customer for life, BM is lyfe & bae!! I get the kits, & I've gotten them individually as well as a mini pressed powder & a mini pressed powder kit w a mini concealer + little tools (mini concealer brush & mini square powder puff) encased in a beige zippered fabric case w a small mirror. Super!! This is a super brand, it is the best powder fdtn I have MAC StudioFix powder also which I love love esp coz that's pressed so it is much more portable/travel friendly! This stuff is winning ESP for makeup-not-made-up of if I'm in a hurry or don't know what to wear if I feel uninspired this I know this will slayyyy!! this plays nicely w my very oily skin. U can even sleep in it....!! Winning!!! Downtown triple crown!!!