3.9

price range

Reviews

from

5 months ago

There are definitely much better foundations (even from MF), but this is an excellent concealer when you want to have a "no make-up" day! It's easy to apply, evens the skin tone and has good coverage. You can layer it, doesn't oxidize and wears well. Usually I need to touch up after 4-5 hours, which I think it's pretty decent for the price paid for it. It's great for covering small sun spots or blemishes. If you don't have too many wrinkles around the eyes (or over a primer), it also does a pretty good job for concealing the dark circles. I think it's working better for dry skin, though. One negative would be the limited shade range. Nouveau Beige is perfect for my medium skin with golden undertone, but someone with a fair complexion would have limited options.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesBrown

a year ago

"This has to be the most underrated foundation of all time, especially for people with dry skin." - Luzali89 Max Factor's Pan-Stik rocks the versatility: While it is a great foundation, it's also a wonderful concealer, and for me it's usually something in-between, depending on my changing needs. This is my daily go-to product as I don't use a lot of base cosmetics anymore and, based on performance and value for money, I can't recommend it enough. It's been around forever, relatively inexpensive, easy to use, convenient, takes up little space on my stand-up cosmetics desk, and pops into my handbag for easy travel or touch-ups. But don't let this little stick fool you, it's super creamy and blendable with unrivaled coverage for the price. I apply the product directly to mask any redness around my nose or conceal any darkness under my eyes, then blend with an oval contour brush. Thirty seconds from start to finish if I'm slow and, illusion of perfect skin achieved, I can save my more expensive BB cream for special occasions and nights out. Quick, easy, simple, neat and it works. Lasts for hours. Doesn't itch, burn or sting, or interfere with other products. If you like cream or stick blushes and shadows, this is ideal as the textures will be compatible, and it even makes a great shadow primer. If you're worried about possible transfer, hit it with a light dusting of fine setting powder before you walk out the door. Amazingly enough, this doesn't feel heavy or greasy on my combination skin and wears well throughout the day into night. Packaging is small but durable and I should know; I'm forever dropping things as I'm clumsy or in a hurry. I think they manufacture this in Ireland, which accounts for why it's everywhere in the UK, but in the states it's easier for me to grab this online from Walmart, Amazon or eBay. US sellers can charge anywhere from 7-12 USD a stick. Pick a trusted, well-rated seller with a good return policy to be more certain you're purchasing a genuine product. I grab a three-pack for less than 20 USD and one stick lasts me months. Unopened, it hasn't gone off and I wipe the product I'm using weekly when I clean my brushes. The only drawback is the limited range. If you're waxing between shades, I recommend choosing the lighter one but note the possible pink or yellow undertones. You can always warm up a slightly lighter or cooler shade with a bit of well-placed bronzer, or use it as a concealer or highlighter. Choose a shade that's too dark, or overly pink or yellow, and you may find yourself out of pocket. If it helps, I'm a true neutral, a very light medium, and True Beige works for me. [EDIT #12 True Beige] I added photos so you could see some shade choices and the product swatched on skin in varying light. Cheers!

About reviewer (25 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

EyesGray

a year ago

This has to be the most underrated foundation of all time, especially for people with dry skin. I use it as a concealer but often use it as a foundation on its own, it gives a very smooth, natural medium coverage without going cakey or settling into any lines or dry patches. I can put this under my eyes and it doesn't crease, theres not many foundations or concealers I can say that about. It covers redness and can be easily carried in my makeup bag and reapplied when needed. Although its small there is allot of product in there and it lasts me a year if not more, for the price that's incredible. The only let down is there shade range, I find them either slightly too orange or too pink toned and they dont do shades pale enough. That said there darker shades work great as contour sticks if youve pale skin. This is an absolute classic foundation, ive been using it since I was 13, im now 29 and have abandoned it over the years for more expensive alternatives but have always gone back to it, there is no other like it.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

2 years ago

Industrial strength stuff, I like to use this as a concealer. The formula is quite thick so you only need to use a tiny bit. It smells kind of powdery and comes in a swivel up-down stick. The scent isn't necessarily the nicest but I don't really tend to notice it. Although small, it provides quite a lot of product, so is always useful to have on hand. You can tell that Maxfactor originally designed make-up for the stage as I imagine this would work well for ballet dancers, etc. However, the packaging cracks really easily so I don't rate that very highly.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Other

EyesBrown

2 years ago

Awesome coverage!! Its perfect for picture taking...the coverage is pretty remarkable. Dont think its good for your skin though to wear for long periods of time. Personally, Ill start breaking out if I leave it on for longer than 8 hours.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Straight, Medium

EyesGreen

1.0

3 years ago

This concealer is definitely not for oily skin. It transfers and does not want to blend. It creases on me too, and it accentuates dry patches. It has poor coverage.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlack, Straight, Coarse

EyesBlack

3 years ago

Love love love! This is the very first foundation stick that I tried. I have acne prone and oily skin, this doesn't irritate my face. It glides on smoothly and blends seamlessly. I ran out of my Milani Conceal + Perfect Foundation so I went straight to ThatTaylaa's youtube channel where she reviews high coverage foundations. Thank God we have Max Factor near where I live so I quickly bought this. My only con for this is there's only 1 yellow undertone shade and I'm grateful it fits me. I am definitely going to stock up on this. I use my The Body Shop Instablur primer with this one as the MF Pan Stik feels greasy so I'm guessing I'll be an oil slick at the end of the day. The TBS Instablur works perfectly with this and keeps my oils away. I only have to blot at the end of the day. So happy with this discovery. Definitely a Holy Grail product. :)

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

EyesBlack

4 years ago

So I've been using this product on and off for about two weeks - I'm in high school sometimes I get no sleep and I have quite red skin with fairly large pores and not many spots, but when I do get them I run too this tbh I use this in my day to day life and I love it! Under eye bags and your to lazy to reach for concealer? This has got us natural dewy medium coverage? This ahs got ya dry to normal skin? This studs is a dream I wear this from Spring through to Autumn but not in the summer or winter months (in summer I usually wear just concealer and powder cause foundation is to much and I'm winter I reach for my Eco soul luminous serum be cake) but yeah! I love this on all fronts cheap and cheerful and lasts for a for a good eight/nine hours!

About reviewer (9 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrown

EyesHazel

4 years ago

HG Product!! Unfortunatelly Max Factor is not sold in Brazil anymore, so I stock um on this whenever I'm abroad. It is meant to be a foundation, but I don't wear it this way. It's creamy consistency and high coverage males it perfect as a undereye concealer. It melts onto skin perfectly and doesn't crease. The only downpart is the packaging. It breaks very easily and the lid won't close tightly.

About reviewer (13 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

4 years ago

The first face makeup I used. My first love. My only true makeup love. I wish they'd bring it back to the US (and double or even triple the size of the new packaging!) but I'm glad they're still making it in basically the same formulation. Great full coverage and finish. I compare every other makeup to this.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair