4.4

package quality

price range

Reviews

6 months ago

I have been struggling with break outs lots over the past year....nothing was helping...so on a whim I saw this Alcohol free witch hazel by Thayers with aloe vera at Ulta....The clerk said it was very popular....well I have used it for a couple weeks and since this is the only thing I have changed, it must be the Thayers that has transformed my skin.....i have no breakouts....my face looks clearer and redness is gone and just looks SO MUCH BETTER!!!!! it doesn't dry your skin at out and it doesn't make you greasy or anything...no smell that I can smell....WONDERFUL! I was about to think I might need to see a dermatologist!!!! will use this forever

About reviewer (122 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

2.0

3 years ago

This toner smells great but didnt do anything to my skin

About reviewer (1 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinOily, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

3 years ago

It's a fantastic inexpensive toner that's great for oily skin. I use this one at night because it plays well with my vit c serum and I use a Paula's Choice toner during the day. My skin has never been better... knock on wood ;)

About reviewer (81 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesGreen

5 years ago

UPDATE: i dont know why, maybe i was using it too much but it made my skin SO OILY.. like my face was just pouring with oil by the middle of the day. Also, my pimples on my forehead came back... :( i knew it was too good to be true. Maybe i was just over-using it. I think im going to buy a different one and use it only once or twice a day. I have battled with acne and buying countless different products. My skin was relatively clear for a long time until recently I started breaking out on my forehead and chin with a ton of tiny pimples that wouldn't go away for weeks! I refused to go back to buying a million different products that were harsh and over drying. I'm determined to cure acne the natural way. I started drinking lots and lots of water and eating more healthy foods and washing my face only with an aveeno moisturizing bar and neutragena gentle scrub (the 2 products that have kept my skin clear, for the most part) But the forehead and chin acne was still there, and somehow getting worse!! I have heard about witch hazel but I've never seen it in the store, until i stumbled across this one in the supermarket. I love the fact that its alcohol free, as i'm trying to stray away from harsh products. I also liked the aloe vera part. I was very intrigued with this product so I bought it and tried it that night. Almost immediately the acne felt like it was less inflamed. It's been 3 days since i bought it and ive been using it 3 times a day and the forehead and chin acne is almost completely gone!! my skin is smoother too. I'm so glad I found this.

About reviewer (21 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium

HairBlond

EyesGreen

6 years ago

Great toner! It is very gentle, alcohol-free, cleanses very well. I do not get sticky, greasy feeling afterwards, my face feels very clean and smooth. Does not break me out. The only minus, I do not love the scent of this toner. However, it is not a big problem, as it fades in about 5 minutes. I got it from Whole foods on sale for $6.99 (from $9.99).

About reviewer (563 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

6 years ago

I absolutely love this toner. I use it after cold cream to remove the traces of oil before I apply my AHA. I use it during the day to freshen up. In a pinch I use it to clean my face quickly before bed when I have only worn sunscreen. It smells nice, is inexpensive, and makes my skin look and feel wonderful! This has become a staple in my routine.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair

HairBrunette

7 years ago

HG HG HG. Skin irritated after a peel? This'll calm your skin down wonderfully. Picked a pimple that's now sweltering and tomato colored? This'll fix it. Wanna just clean your skin during the day? This is perfect. This is the best thing I've purchased for my skin, along with MUA glycolic peels.

About reviewer (16 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

7 years ago

Another one I replenish as soon as I only have about 1/8 of a bottle left. Maybe we all harbor an eyelash of doubt as to what, if anything, a toner actually does... so, I cherish this one mainly for what it doesn't do... like contain alcohol, or menthol, or any kind of fragrance. I trust it to remove anything that my vigilant OCM (or, sometimes Nature's Gate Tea tree Shampoo used a s facial cleanser, another review) doesn't get. I can get all aggro with this stuff until the cotton balls come away completely white, and my skin will not feel uncomfortable. In fact, it will feel a little bit... soft? Perhaps that's the smidgeon of aloe vera in there, doing it's lil thing. Or, my imagination. It's enough "it can't hurt, right?" to keep me spending $10 or so per bottle. I likes it.

About reviewer (22 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

7 years ago

This is a good toner, I have only a few different kinds of toners and this is one of the better ones. I tried Dickson's, walmart brand witch hazel, Laura Mercier - Perfecting Water, and Arysa Naturals Ylang toner. This one comes in third place. This is a okay toner and probably ideal for oily skin but not for my combination skin. I like how to toner smells and feels refreshing on the skin, it also minimizes pores well, but it does not balance my skin. It ALWAYS leaves it tight! I hate that. once this dries my face is itchy and tight. I always will follow up with a moisturizer which fixes the problem. So this is a okay-good toner especially for the price! Compared to high end toners, I'd give this 1 star. I think the biggest thing this toner lacks is balancing of the pH on my skin. I bought this because of the rave reviews and because this was way cheaper than the other toners I buy. If you have very oily skin this may be the best thing for you. For me Laura Mercier and Arysa toners are the BEST

About reviewer (18 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

from

7 years ago

I bought this product from woodmans and i love it. I have acne-prone oily skin and this toner is amazing! I stopped using my toner from proactiv becuse it was too harsh on my skin, but thayers witch hazel with aloe vera felt great on my skin, helped with my acne, didn't dry out my skin, and helped remove the makeup residue that my makeup remover did not clean. Te bottle lasts a very long time. I finished mine a few months ago and now i am going to purchase it again! I am thinking of trying the rose petal version this time though since i have heard it is great too. I will be purchasing it online since my local woodmans does not carry it.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinOther, Other