Rimmel Extra Super Lash Mascara

Price: $

Price: $

on 4/10/2018 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Such a shame that it flakes/smudges so badly. This could be good: it lengthens, volumizes a bit, holds curl. But after one hour, the mascara sits everywhere (also under my eye, where it does not belong):-(

on 3/9/2018 2:07:00 PM

This mascara is pure nostalgia for me, just looking at the basic black tube and white lettering brings back memories of youth!
It's the first mascara I ever bought at age 12 or 13, overwhelmed by options in the chemist I asked the lady stocking shelves what one I should buy - she told me super lash was the one she wears and that she was currently wearing it - I wasnt impressed by it as her mascara looked so clumpy but being a 12 year old I didnt want to hurt her feelings so pretended to liked it and bought the mascara, glad I did as it looked great and I wore it everyday for more than 10 years.
I dont know why I stopped buying this, I started trying new things and never went back but I will make sure to repurchase when I run out of my current mascara.
Its lengthening and separates lashes if not overdone - Its also super cheap.

on 3/9/2018 10:35:00 AM

This is probably the best mascara from Rimmel, and one of my favourite mascaras from the drugstore. I’m a mascara freak and have at least 5 or 6 different ones in rotation at a given time - right now, Diorshow Iconic, Chanel Le Volume, L’Oreal Paradise Extatic, Maybelline Total Temptation and Max Factor False Lash.
I found that this one performs just as well, if not better. I love the small conical brush and find that it gives good separation, length and volume with two or three coats. I have thick, long lashes and I find that some mascaras can stick them together and clump. This one doesn’t flake or smudge and is removed easily and leaves no residue. It’s even better with a lash primer. I like that although it’s very cheap makeup, it’s made in England, ie with strict guidelines on pigments and binding agents. I bought it when it was for a one-off stock clearance price at my local supermarket and then went back to buy 5 more!

on 11/12/2017 12:45:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

With 2 coats lengthens my lashes like crazy although it doesn't have much of an effect on volume. Okay brush. i'd recommend using a comb because it can clump a little bit.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I got a special edition of this on sale at Walmart, it was for some movie.

I have not used any other mascara since I started using this one, and I normally have 3 on the go at any one time.

It gives me length and really helps to open up my eyes.

it doesn't clump my eyelashes together, it is coming close to me needing to get rid of it (had it 2 months) and it is still going on as smooth as when I started using it.

I haven't found it flakey.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Rimmel London Extra Super Lash Mascara in 101 Black Black is the only one I've been wearing the past 5 days I've had it & I actually like it. It's different than the mascaras I typically wear but that's not necessarily a bad thing. It was surprising because I'm somebody who likes va-va-voom lashes; this definitely lifts & lengthens my lashes. This is a cool product to me; description says it builds a natural to dramatic look, offers super lash separation, is suitable for sensitive eyes, & ophthalmologist tested. This is also a body building mascara, which I'm assuming means I can be wearing it for both day & nite looks. It features a "lift & build brush," & that's what I love about it. I honestly don't get a ton of thickening, but I get the lift & lengthening I want. I think I get the results I want with three coats; each takes a minute or so to set so I wouldn't wear it if your mornings are time-crunched. You'll end up with product on top of your eyelids & brow bones. Its irritating my eyes & formula being "soft" or wet-feeling are the two cons I've found.

The first issue: it flakes a little bit. I have twice the burden as I have very sensitive eyes & wear prescription contact lenses to see. The mascara stays on all day & looks good, but it doesn't feel that way! Its flaking is minimal & likely isn't going to be an issue to most people… if you wear contacts though, that is all it takes for an eye infection or to walk around with what I call "cocaine eyes"—the itchiness, redness, & watering I'll get from mascara that irritate my eyes even a little bit haha

The second issue: its formula itself is soft or wet. It's both that good/bad thing depending on how you look at it. It's annoying for the obvious reason its messy—especially since I have naturally long lashes & have to place the brush close to reach the roots. On the other hand, its being wet is probably what allows me to put on three or four coats without clumping or that "spider legs" look. Three gives me a noticeable difference & ultimately that's what I want. My results are naturally dramatic, for lack of a better term.

Extra Super Lash is great for anyone! It does lengthen, separate, & will thicken if you build it up by putting on coats of it. I recommend it especially if you already have naturally long eyelashes because the extra lift & length with the separation is really pretty! Like I said, the results are natural, but really noticeable. Special note: it's affordable ($4)!

on 7/1/2016 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I like this mascara, and you can't beat the price. I got a 2-pack for $3! I was expecting this to be a very simple and mediocre mascara that doesn't do much but turn lashes black, just something for me to practice my mascara applying skills with. I'm pleasantly surprised with how buildable it is.

It's not the best at holding a curl and not the worst (I don't use a lash curler, and apply my mascara by "blinking" onto the wand.) The formula is rather wet and messy, although that it can be easily washed out can be a perk, and I find wet formulas much more comfortable to apply. Like the package says, it's ideal for sensitive eyes.

on 6/9/2016 1:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this because it was on sale, and after i realised this was the mascara I used in high school.. I was kinda excited to give it a try! I am really happy at the formula right out of the tube, usually mascaras are so wet and take at least a few weeks to be an ideal consistency for me. The brush isn't my fave, but the formula is super buildable! I got a pleasing amount of volume and pop. Of course it took a little bit to achieve this, but let's be honest, amazing lashes take work and nothing provides that look with one swipe. Would have liked the brush to be a tad more defining. Happy I found this again, the smell was nostalgic for me as well as having this on my dresser again. Nice to know they still make this.

on 5/30/2016 2:09:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Nothing fancy, brush is okay, the product itself doesn't do much. It gives a little length, no volume, does not hold a curl. Didn't smudge or smear. Not worth repurchasing.

on 5/16/2016 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This did very little for my lashes. It's very dry and barely works. Rimmel has a few good ones but I won't be getting this again. Complete and utter waste of money. Don't bother buying cosmetics that are marked down two for one: they are marked down because they are horrible, or old, and there is some new version that is super improved. (No, I'm not going to buy the new one that dyes your lashes.)