Rimmel Extra Super Lash mascara

Price: $

on 7/1/2016 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I like this mascara, and you can't beat the price. I got a 2-pack for $3! I was expecting this to be a very simple and mediocre mascara that doesn't do much but turn lashes black, just something for me to practice my mascara applying skills with. I'm pleasantly surprised with how buildable it is.

It's not the best at holding a curl and not the worst (I don't use a lash curler, and apply my mascara by "blinking" onto the wand.) The formula is rather wet and messy, although that it can be easily washed out can be a perk, and I find wet formulas much more comfortable to apply. Like the package says, it's ideal for sensitive eyes.

on 6/9/2016 1:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this because it was on sale, and after i realised this was the mascara I used in high school.. I was kinda excited to give it a try! I am really happy at the formula right out of the tube, usually mascaras are so wet and take at least a few weeks to be an ideal consistency for me. The brush isn't my fave, but the formula is super buildable! I got a pleasing amount of volume and pop. Of course it took a little bit to achieve this, but let's be honest, amazing lashes take work and nothing provides that look with one swipe. Would have liked the brush to be a tad more defining. Happy I found this again, the smell was nostalgic for me as well as having this on my dresser again. Nice to know they still make this.

on 5/30/2016 2:09:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Nothing fancy, brush is okay, the product itself doesn't do much. It gives a little length, no volume, does not hold a curl. Didn't smudge or smear. Not worth repurchasing.

on 5/16/2016 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This did very little for my lashes. It's very dry and barely works. Rimmel has a few good ones but I won't be getting this again. Complete and utter waste of money. Don't bother buying cosmetics that are marked down two for one: they are marked down because they are horrible, or old, and there is some new version that is super improved. (No, I'm not going to buy the new one that dyes your lashes.)

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I bought this in the double pack and it was around $5. Can't complain about that!
Otherwise the packaging is very simple and easy to function with. The wand is long and easy to control and the brush is tapered and does a great job of separating and building the mascara.
The formula is wet but thick. It dries fairly quickly which is nice because I always end up blinking and getting mascara on my eyelids. I use the color black black and usually do about 2-3 coats. I feel like this is my dupe for Lancome Definicils for now. I like how long and thick my lashes look with this. 👌

on 10/31/2015 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is an OK mascara, nothing too special about it. It does the job quite nicely, darkens my light eyelashes and makes them a little bit longer, I have naturally long eyelashes so this doesn't bother me. Great for wearing to school. I use an eyelash curler before I apply the mascara, this way my eyelashes stay curled all day. I recommend this and I would buy this again, because it's nice and really cheap + it smells good.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Eh this is just one of those cheap mascaras you purchase just to get you by until you can buy the good mascaras. It doesn't do much. It blackens my lashes and that's about it. Its says it's buildable but its not. Its just a whatever type of mascara.

on 9/8/2015 7:26:00 PM

This had become my new favorite mascara. I bought it on a whim because it was so cheap and ive already rebought it twice since. I like the formula a lot because its is thick amd kinda wet which works well for me because i can build it up and it makes my lashes look really thick and dark.

on 1/22/2015 5:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This was one of my HG mascaras for years — great length, volume, and an unbeatably low price point. IMO: every bit as good as Lancôme Définicils, at a fraction of the cost!

Alas, Coty/Rimmel has discontinued this gem, despite its longtime popularity😞

on 12/3/2014 2:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

this was on sale, so I thought I'd try it out. my favourite mascara is maybelline illegal length, and this seemed like it could be a slightly cheaper dupe. no. I hate the brush, the formula just clumps all over it and then clumps all over my lashes and requires a few coats to even out. this is possibly the worst mascara I've ever bought. I'll finish the tube I already have but definitely won't repurchase.
Eta: I just checked the pictures and it seems the brush in the Australian version of this mascara is different, or there's been a recent change in packaging because my brush is curved with very little bristles, instead of a regular mascara wand.