Peter Thomas Roth Beta Hydroxy Acid 2% Acne Wash

Peter Thomas Roth Beta Hydroxy Acid 2% Acne Wash

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid 2.00% Inactive Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauryl Glucoside,Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Propylene Glycol, Allantoin, Panthenol (Pro Vitamin B5), Quaternium-15, Methylparaben. 6/11/09

on 1/1/2016 2:12:00 AM

I was waking up every day with 8-15 new juicy zits on my chin. And 2-3 between my eyebrows that wouldn't die. I'd pop them all and go crazy with concealer but before the day was over I'd feel the familiar hot pain of new ones emerging. I'm 37 years old so it's not teenage acne and it wasn't just 1 week out of the month. I was pissed and getting depressed. I mean my face looked like a warty frog's skin. In desperation I came to mua and found this. $50 for facewash? Who the hell cares? I'm about to bankrupt myself on concealer. Within 2 days of using this wash and the acne gel, I got 0 new zits. It's not a fluke, I've been using this for about a month and have gotten no new zits *except* for the couple nights I forgot, and then I got new zits, but not 8-15. Once I went back on, no new zits again the next morning. Proof right there that it works. I want to kiss Peter Thomas Roth.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

i have been suffering from cystic acne for 3 years now and i had tried everything on the market with salicylic/glycolic acid in it; nothing seemed to work. They even made my condition worse. later i came to know it was the creamy texture of these cleansers that was the real culprit. surfing on the net in desperation i came across this product, which although not a miracle product and pretty expensive, did not have that creaminess. it was rather like gel.
After using it for 4 and a half months now, m convinced about its efficacy. my cysts have reduced to spots( which by the way was due to my picking habit and other stupid mistakes) which are fading. breakouts are almost gone.

I HAVE FINALLY STUMBLED UPON MY HOLD GRAIL!

I really recommend it to those who suffer from cystic acme; use only a dime size to lather between palms and slowly massage the face. i used it twice after wasing my face with tea tree face wash from TBS.

To Read all 62 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

As with the PTR anti aging and glycolic cleansers, I really like this cleanser. I use it every other morning and have had no issues.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this in a desperate attempt to sort out my skin. I definitely don't have acne but I had enough spots to make me feel conscious.
I used to have lovely skin until I got to 17 when my skin suddenly got very oily, lots of small spots on my forehead, larger spots on the side of my face and, the worst ones, on my chin and around my mouth.
I don't like spending money on things like makeup and skincare and had tried a number of cheap face washes; Simple, Nivea, Lush, Teatree but nothing was working..

Read the rest of my review on my blog.. http://speaklistenbreathe.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/peter-thomas-roth-face-care-acne-wash.html

I went on a trip recently and realized once I had gotten to the hotel that I had forgotten my face wash. After using a warm wet washcloth for 2 days I made an emergency run to sephora and picked this stuff up. My skin was already a disaster because of the lack of face wash and my tendency to break out, but this stuff cleared it right up. It definitely doesn't remove makeup, but it has done a huge overhaul on my dry, discolored, acne prone skin. Yes, it's expensive, but I have never seen my skin in such good shape and I'm never going back to my old face wash!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I've had moderate acne for the past 7 years, I've tried every drugstore/department store products! Even ones you order on t.v. SO I've finally gave this one a go on a last unhopeful attempt at having smooth skin... And it worked! This product is VERY drying but I much rather have a few flakes than huge red cystic acne! I use this daily up to three times like the bottle says. Everytime I get a lil oily or sweaty or if I've been wearing makeup for than a couple of hours I rinse thoroughly with this. I still get a random breakout if I'm not careful with keeping my skin clean. But if I use this religiously my skin is so unbelievably beautiful. I am so thankful for this product for changing my life and confidence.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Absolutely love this product! I was having awful jawline breakouts and couldn't find the right product to help clear it up, I ran across this on amazon ($25) and I couldn't be happier! Def recommend!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is my current morning face wash to help treat and prevent breakouts on my sensitive combination skin. While I do like it and feel that it is effective, I also don't think it is anything special nor worthy of the price tag, especially considering that there are several good salicylic acid cleansers on the market. That being said, it does the job of cleansing my skin and helping with acne without being too drying.

on 10/6/2013 9:59:00 PM

I been using this for about 2 weeks and I am definitely returning this. I paid about 35 dollars for this cleanser because I was breaking out on my forehead. I have oily combination skin and this cleanser dried out my skin which some of you may see this as a good thing however for me this is not what I expect. After using this cleanser the skin around my nose and my mouth were very flakey even after using moisturizer and serum. Perhaps this is too strong for my skin? I think this is a good cleanser but not right for my skin type.

This is hands-down the best face wash on the market, and I've tried a lot!
This cleans and dries out acne prone oily skin. I get a really deep clean when combining it with my claisonic. Love it! Try it! Expensive but worth every penny.