Estee Lauder So Ingenious

Estee Lauder So Ingenious
So Ingenious

3.6

on 10/12/2014 2:11:00 PM

This was my first ever loose powder. I remember using my mum's make up to set my liquid foundation and continued to do so for a good 2 years. It really lasted that long! I was so disappointed when the sales assistant told me they've discontinued it.

I had tough luck loving the newer range of loose powder. They seem pretty regular and couldn't make my makeup last. My mum had no problem using it because she had always love Estee Lauder products.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This will end up lasting me forever but I would definitely repurchase. It's what I use everyday and makes my skin look great. I use with DoubleWear foundation and it works great.

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

I wasn't putting too much hope on this when I bought it for my mom, until we tried it on the back of our hands, this powder fills in all the lines and makes the skin look really poreless and nice. After using it, on my face itself, although it didn't control the oil secretion, but it gives a nice poreless and glowy look.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is a good powder that does give skin a natural look, but it doesn't seem to help my makeup stay on as long as others. I like Prescriptives Magic Liquid Powder better and have heard great reviews about Becca.

on 2/24/2009 1:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

PROs: Beautiful finish and lightweight with a little sparkle. for a loose powder, its packaged magnificently in a beautiful clear jar
CONs: The puffer/sponge that comes with it, it doesn't do much, but that's not something that's a concern at all.

Overall, this product is fantastic!!! Loves it!
COLOUR: 03 - Medium

on 4/1/2010 5:27:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I dab it on after my foundation, It was nice when I just applied, gorgeous satin finish with subtle shimmering but it fade off easily, all gone just about 30 mins . Infact it did nothing, its a very very sheer powder, It cant hold make up or resist sebum as others, just make skin radiance for a little while. So why I have to put it all for no purpose?. And the package is too big for just 18g (It comes from 2 styles of package). Not easy to bring for touching up. Useless!

on 7/18/2005 5:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have a 3g size(the same great packaging)in 02 Light Medium which is a bit dark for my skin.I did receive it in a swap as an evener so I couldn't choose the shade myself. Anyways,it's quite good for my normal-to-dry skin and setting the foundation.The texture is way better than Cover Girl Professional loose powder which I use everyday. I think I can buy the full size in a lighter shade,or translucent.

on 5/24/2004 4:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I've had many bad experiences with loose powders, and wasn't putting too much hope on this one when I purchased it. Actually, I stunbled upon it by chance, wasn't even thinking of buying loose powder then. Anyway, the EL SA recommended this to me, and I noted that it glided on smoothly on my skin, which is quite oily. Other loose powders that I've tried always gave me the "dragged on" feeling on application, and get very sticky after the first 2 hours. But, to my surprise, this doesn't (contrary to other reviews here). It gave my oily skin the drying feeling that I was looking for, and had an overall subtle sheen that was quite natural on my asian skin (I purchased the translucent version) But the staying power is not quite strong, I had to have a retouch around midday. And it did not really have good oil control properties, as my skin got oily after about 4 hours. But, better than other loose powders that I have tried, especially since it did not cake, and my skin felt like it can breathe easily!

on 6/30/2004 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have oily skin. For me this was perfect. I can't use pressed powder because I have acne. Using pressed powder on my skin just causes caking and and makes me more oily because my skin can't breathe. I was very hesistant about buying this product. I normally buy just normal cheap powder. I did think this was expensive. Not any higher than other dept store powders, but high for what I was used to paying. However... I like the powder enough to buy it again so the price isn't that big of an issue. Now, I personally will not use a colored powdered. The reviewers on here that didn't like this powder all brought up the same problem: the color. I only purchase translucent that way I don't have a color match problem. The powder itself is air light. I mean, it's super super light feeling. I've noticed it never thickens or cakes even though I have to powder a lot during the day. The fact it never did any of those things is a huge hit with me. The only real problem I have is the packaging. I hate it. Now, it's cute but you can't do anything with it. It's heavy and big so you cannot carry it in a purse. Heck, it barely fits into my cosmetic bag. I try to keep my cosmetic bag small & this thing takes up half the room. So on an overall rating I love the stuff. It's light, it doesn't thicken or cake, and I never get a "mask" feeling with it even though I have acne and oily skin. The down side is the size of the container. Here's a hint though... Bare Mineral sells a small compact for you to fill up with loose powder. I used to use Bare Minerals so I have it still. Just fill it up with this powder to carry in your purse. The product is good. Pricey but good. If you don't mind a big container then you'll love.

on 3/25/2005 9:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Not bad, not excellent... Did nothing out of the ordinary for me. Love the packaging though. It was too thick on top of my Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation. Just so-so.