Perfumer's Workshop Tea Rose

Perfumer's Workshop Tea Rose

3.8

on 8/22/2015 12:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Strangely, I find this smells great, I will sometimes open the bottle to smell it...but I have no desire for MYSELF to smell like that. It's pretty pure rose, like fresh cut roses in a florist. Smells great. Too strong and one-note for me, though. I found this for super cheap at Marshalls, so I use it to spray rooms sometimes, or like my sink to keep it smelling fresh. A weird use for perfume, maybe, but it works. It's super strong, so even as a room spray I have to be careful not to use more than a few sprays. Dowside: packaging is meh. Why did they have to add coloring to make it look pee-colored? Weird.

on 9/17/2014 6:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Very strong, bargain soliflore (10 usd for 60 ml including shipping) which I purchased for the sole purpose of experimental layering and accentuation of rose notes in other fragrances like serge lutens MKK, Fumerie turque, and ambre sultan and as a rose accord complement to fragrances like CDG Avignon, lorenzo Villarossi garafano and vintage caron bellodgia. I find tea rose to be overwhelming even with just one spray, so I transferred it into a glass bottle with a glass stopper/dabber.

If you historically disliked soliflore rose notes, please don't automatically write this off, especially if you are intrigued by fragrances that contain rose, like amouage lyric, tauer's incense rose or une rose chypre, etc. Until I re sampled Frederic Malle une rose earlier this year, (which I would not have done except for the strong recommendation of a trusted sales associate) I believed that I hated all rose soliflores, and tea rose was especially abhorrent. Tastes obviously change and I now own full bottles of une rose, nahema extrait and l'arte di gucci edp.

So I recommend this fragrance for those formerly resistant to rose notes, like I was, but who are interested in broadening their scent horizons. Before they leap into a pricy bottle of niche fragrance that has a rose accord, I think it's easy to try layering a smidge of this one with a current favorite perfume to achieve a rose oriental, chypre, incense, amber, oud or other effect.

Re whether I would buy this again. I believe that 60 ml or two ounces is a lifetime supply, and i already have more perfume than a single person can consume. If there was a one ounce bottle available, I would have purchased that instead.

But I am exceedingly happy with the purchase.

on 10/24/2010 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Wow! I cannot believe this single note scent. It is honey sweet and lush like a bouquet of deep dark pink roses if that makes any sense!
Most roses (havent tried Rosines line) turn sour or make my nose 'peppery' and irritated. These include Stella McCartney Stella, Paul Smith Rose, Mille et Une Roses.

I think Tea Rose is reminding me of Jo Malone's Red Roses in its sweetness and freshness. I think Rose scents are a matter of taste and to me it is important that the scent is sweet, deep and singular rather than have amber, peonies, citrus added to it.

The bottle i have is the 120ml one and i guess this will last very long as 2 sprays is more than enough. It cost me only 9.99.

Another rose scent i like where the addition of amber is an exception is Stella McCartney Stella Absolute. I have tried this on paper and am yet to test on my skin.

Update 26/10/10:

Still in love with Tea Rose and i think i am immuned to the smell as i am not getting get wafts of this and can only smell it if i press my nose on my skin (and it is there since 8am and now it is 4.20pm). I am wondering how other reviewers mention the large sillage and whether my bottle has a weaker juice? This reminds me of the dry down of TBS Tea Rose perfume oil. Except i cannot wait for the dry down with TBS's one as the initial phase is too sharp and green for my liking.

on 8/18/2008 12:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

The Chrysler Imperial Rose, the only rose breed I've heard of that's named for an automobile (now vintage), was "launched" with the auto, and, so far, has long outlasted it. Better cars have come our way, but the Chrysler Imperial Rose is one of the finest tea roses grown in international gardens. It is an absolutely gorgeous hybrid tea rose with huge, vivid, rose-red flowers and a dewy, rich, classic tea rose perfume. Perfumer's Workshop Tea Rose smells like a bouquet of Chrysler Imperial blooms, cut early on a warm morning, and placed in a crystal vase. Its lasting power is incredible, (as is the amount of fragrance, esp. for the price!), and a full spritz of it can scent an entire room for hours. For lovers of the heady smell of fresh roses, this fragrance should not be missed. If you could take the aroma of Fleur de Th Rose Bulgare and multiply its concentration by ten, you'd have something surprisingly similar to Perfumer's Workshop Tea Rose.

Popular Fragrances